Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
How do I tell who issued the ticket? (I think it is AA, not 100% certain though.)

Yes, if the the UA agent had just told me what you mention above, it would have saved me the hassle I had to go through.
Will the ticket number not give it away?
Old May 16, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
How do I tell who issued the ticket? (I think it is AA, not 100% certain though.)

Yes, if the the UA agent had just told me what you mention above, it would have saved me the hassle I had to go through.
If you have the ticket number and it doesn't start with 016, UA didn't issue it.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary

If they had told me this, it would have been fine too.... Instead, they 'fixed' it!

My return is Friday early afternoon, so I don't think too much competition for the upgrade. Thursday nights can be brutal...
First three numbers of the ticket tell you what airline issued the ticket. here are the codes for AA,AS and UA.

001 is AA
016 is UA
027 is AS

The agent didn't tell you because probably because the agent didn't know. Most UA tickets are issued on UA stock. Even more so for UA elites that get upgrades. For UA tickets that get upgraded the ticket is automatically resynched to the reservation, so it doesn't happen that often.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by tods27
If you have the ticket number and it doesn't start with 016, UA didn't issue it.
001xxxxxxxxxx

Looks like AA.

From now on, I'll know if I have a mixed itinerary, I won't call UA. (unless it is issued on UA ticket stock)

In this case, since I had also received the F upgrade CPU (thanks UA), I wanted to call to make sure nothing went wrong with my upgrade...

Thanks for the help / insights all.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
You booked a multi-carrier ticket involving UA? Since 3/3, UA can't even handle their own tickets correctly. You post here enough, certainly you should have known better.

Seriously, though, an EUA requires that you get your ticket reissued. Since your first flight was AA-coded, you were likely on an 001 ticket. I don't think UA can reissue that, nor should they have.

Normally, the EUA process will update the ticket if it's an 016 ticket so this won't be a problem. But with an 001 ticket where they don't have access to it, that will stall on you (and also stall EUA from running on others' reservations on the same flight).

This is part of the problem we see with the CPU issues "not running" in other threads -- the system isn't really designed for the complexities of OAL-issued tickets.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by channa
You booked a multi-carrier ticket involving UA? Since 3/3, UA can't even handle their own tickets correctly. You post here enough, certainly you should have known better.

Seriously, though, an EUA requires that you get your ticket reissued. Since your first flight was AA-coded, you were likely on an 001 ticket. I don't think UA can reissue that, nor should they have.

Normally, the EUA process will update the ticket if it's an 016 ticket so this won't be a problem. But with an 001 ticket where they don't have access to it, that will stall on you (and also stall EUA from running on others' reservations on the same flight).

This is part of the problem we see with the CPU issues "not running" in other threads -- the system isn't really designed for the complexities of OAL-issued tickets.
The wonders of my corporate travel department... (If UA's price had been close, I would have stayed all UA. But with a $200 + difference I had to go with the mixed carrier itinerary...)

I did clear the UA CPU though, and my F seat selection is holding on UA.com...

I guess I should have known better what to anticipate here with the mixed Itin, now I know what to be aware of / look out for!
Old May 16, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The wonders of my corporate travel department... (If UA's price had been close, I would have stayed all UA. But with a $200 + difference I had to go with the mixed carrier itinerary...)

I did clear the UA CPU though, and my F seat selection is holding on UA.com...

I guess I should have known better what to anticipate here with the mixed Itin, now I know what to be aware of / look out for!

Maybe in the future if they're going to do that, tell them you'd prefer two (2) one-way tickets, that way it won't cause problems with UA systems.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Maybe in the future if they're going to do that, tell them you'd prefer two (2) one-way tickets, that way it won't cause problems with UA systems.
Maybe this is an intended consequence of SHARES. United doesn't want any of its employees to learn that airline pax fly on other airlines. By mishandling mixed carrier itineraries and having pax book only the United flight on that ticket United is "cleaning" up the evidence that there are other airlines out there
Old May 16, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM
That means your ticket is out of sync. Either your change did not process, or there was a subsequent change requiring ticket reissue.
And if one passenger's ticket is out of sync, is CO still having a problem with the upgrade engine stopping altogether until it is back in sync (which UA Insider reported during March)?

If so, not calling in to clear it holds up the upgrade process for the rest of the waitlist.

Stupid system.
Old May 17, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
I just logged into a reservation and it is showing a schedule change...BUT I have the ability to accept the change on the website.
Old May 17, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
One way tickets w/COdbaUA now have a nasty tendency to shoot what was a cheap fare bucket on a r/t to a pricey one one way, unfortunately, save for some leisure markets & ones with a lot of competition.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
I just logged into a reservation and it is showing a schedule change...BUT I have the ability to accept the change on the website.
That is a feature of .sux which .bomb did not have (tho you do still have the option to call if you don't like the new routing <hint: more eqm's if you can find a "better routing" that is still within the parameters of schedule changes >
Old May 17, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
One way tickets w/COdbaUA now have a nasty tendency to shoot what was a cheap fare bucket on a r/t to a pricey one one way, unfortunately, save for some leisure markets & ones with a lot of competition.
Right, but in this case, it wouldn't have. When you're combining two (2) fares on two (2) non-partner carriers, it most likely was a one-way fare on each.

Plus this is a competitive market with AS, AA and VX, so there are probably one-ways for most fares.
Old May 17, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

I make the dreaded call, but once through the robot my call is picked up almost immediately. I tell the agent I've been advised to call and provide the confirmation code. (This is for a one-way award ticket BKK-PVG-LAX-DEN.)

The agent says he can't handle this so please hold while he contacts a supervisor. Ten minutes later, he's back saying he's still on hold for a supervisor. After another 10 minutes, he's back again saying he's now waiting for the rate desk to enter information so the ticket can be reissued. He says he's been advised his wait is 10-15 minutes. I ask why the rate desk needs to be involved with a free ticket and he provides a reasonable explanation (fees and taxes). The holding game continues for another 20 minutes.

Finally, about 45 minutes after I placed the call, all is fixed. And the big modification? A different flight number for the final segment!
Old May 27, 2012, 7:37 am

Thumbs down Nothing Makes Sense Anymore

- Got a message from UA saying I was upgraded on a flight with UDU
- For once, thought something good was happening with this airline
- Log in to check reservation and get message "! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact united reservations to have your ticket re-issued.
- Instead of a confirmed UG, which the email said I have, there's another note below the segment that says "This flight segment can be confirmed. Please contact united reservations for assistance."
- I call the number that used to be the 1K line, now it's the premier line.
- Can't get through any of the voice prompts, can't even get it to recognize the word "yes" when it asks who if I am who it thinks I am
- Press 0, they say "ok ... but if you'll answer a few questions"
- Keep pressing 0, go through this loop 6 times until I can finally get it to send me to an agent
- Sit on hold for almost 10 minutes
- Phone is picked up by an offshore agent in India
- I hang up, not willing to take a chance letting them touch my record - knowing how SHARES works, concerned I'll end up with the entire reservation simply disappearing or being otherwise destroyed
- Call again, repeat all the [garbage] described above through the cheapo IVR that doesn't recognize anything I say
- This time, I get an offshore agent in Philippines
- Hang up again, for same reasons
- Sigh. Post experience on FT. Give up. Go make a coffee.

Thanks, Jeff. Lots of changes I'm really liking. With UA, this would have all been automatic and not have required even one phone call or one second of my time. But, SHARES is great.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 27, 2012 at 3:35 pm Reason: removed profanity, per FT TOS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.