Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, A-Club Plat, CBP Global Entry
I have had the same problem.

Flying IAD BRU and BRU IAD. First flight is next week. Submitted a GPU request just after booking but R=0 for both legs.

The BRU IAD leg cleared to R about a day later. I received an e-mail message and selected a seat and noticed the message. The next day the message and the old W entry was removed.

A few days later the IAD BRU leg cleared and the message popped up again. After a week of staying there I just called.

Was on the phone a total of 4 minutes and now the itinerary is correct with 2 R class legs and no W class.

I agree with everyone who stated that this should be automatic. No reason we should need to call and waste the time of the phone operators as well as our own time.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:27 am

Location: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Presidents Circle
Received the message when my GPU upgrade cleared on a LIS/EWR flight in May. Selected a BF seat, checked online in 3 days and the message was still there. Checked back again online after 2 weeks and it was gone without me ever calling. Hoping the other leg of the trip clears and wondering if the problem is fixed yet or not...
Old Apr 29, 2012, 9:05 am

Call United Reservations?

I have a couple of economy award tickets. I have no status. I noticed award seats listed at United.com that were the same day as mine. Same cities, but at a more convenient time. I changed the outgoing leg on line. I even picked from the seat map. It was all accepted with no cost added and is shown as a ticketed itinerary. Now when I call up the reservation code it looks normal except for this at the top; "! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.
This reservation was ticketed and confirmed on Fri., Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:24 p.m. Central Time."
Do I really need to do this? I'm afraid they will mess something up. Does anyone here know?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Yes, you should call to find out why you got that message. It may hold up your ticket if you do not deal with the problem.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
That means your ticket is out of sync. Either your change did not process, or there was a subsequent change requiring ticket reissue.

You will not be able to checkin or get upgraded (if applicable) so long as this message is there.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
An easy answer

OP has a message telling him there's a problem, asking him to call a stated # and he asks whether he ought to call?

1. It's a toll-free #.

2. If it turns out there's no problem, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

3. If there's a problem which could run from a schedule change to a synch to any other of a hundred other issues, he won't be able to OLCI or UG and may need to spend hours at the airport getting this fixed on day of departure.

OP's choice.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Often1
2. If it turns out there's no problem, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Hmm, not sure I agree with this. My average call with UA post-3/3 has been about 30 minutes.

I've even had a couple schedule changes where the agents had such difficulty with the tickets, the calls lasted well over an hour.

My worst one was one that involved a supervisor, which turned out to be a 4+ hour ordeal.

Hardly "nothing ventured," when you're looking at that sort of time investment.

To that end, there may be reason not to call, or defer calling until you have more time to waste, or defer dealing with it until closer to the trip hoping it might fix itself in another change or something.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:26 am

Thanks

I called and the agent took a few minutes and reset things. It's all gone. Thanks to USFdonWill and channa for your help.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by channa
Hmm, not sure I agree with this. My average call with UA post-3/3 has been about 30 minutes.

I've even had a couple schedule changes where the agents had such difficulty with the tickets, the calls lasted well over an hour.

My worst one was one that involved a supervisor, which turned out to be a 4+ hour ordeal.

Hardly "nothing ventured," when you're looking at that sort of time investment.

To that end, there may be reason not to call, or defer calling until you have more time to waste, or defer dealing with it until closer to the trip hoping it might fix itself in another change or something.
Or you could be standing at the airport watching your aircraft push while someone barely trained in ticketing tries to fix a mess.
Old May 9, 2012, 7:29 am

Need help please!

I am trying to change tickets for a child with Cancer who needs to fly back home to Russia from U.S. to get treatment on-time. I have been on the phone with United "customer service" since Saturday and they still cannot finalize the issuance of the ticket. The online reservation system is showing the new flight, but the message says "A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued."

Every time I call them, they take down my credit card number and tell me it would take 24 hours to reissue the ticket because the need to recalculate the fare in another currency. Well, it has been over 96 hours and they are still recalculating. Getting through to someone corporate or someone in U.S. to complain is impossible since all calls are routed to Asia. One time I got to a supervisor and he did the same thing as the rest of the reps. Each time they put me on hold for over an hour just to tell me at the end that "we will send you a new confirmation within 24 hours".

The family is really worried about their child, because she has to fly this coming Friday (11th).

Does anyone have any other phone #s other than what's available out there to contact someone who can help?

Thank you!

Last edited by ssokol; May 9, 2012 at 7:42 am
Old May 16, 2012, 10:05 am

OK, UA really screwed this one up...

You know when you have to call the AA EXP desk to correct a UA error, then something is not right. (UA Insider, if you are interested in the details on this including dates / confirmation numbers / ticket numbers, please PM me.)

Late last week booked a ticket through my corporate travel provider. SFO-SEA-SFO. Due to our cost controls on travel, outbound on an AA flight number (operated by Alaska Airlines), return on UA.

I received my EXP match earlier this week, which allows for preferred seating assignment on Alaska. Called in to the EXP desk (quickly answered, poilite and helpful phone rep) to get my seat reassigned. 1 minute phone call, assigned an exit row aisle seat, no problem.

Later on, I took a look at the reservation on UA.com. While I had been upgraded to F for my return flight, and was able to select my preferred F seat, I also received the message: "! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued."

I called in to the 1K(?) line, phone quickly answered but I was immediately put on hold. Couple minutes later he comes back and asks the reason for my call. I say "I don't know, when checking my reservation on UA.com it told me I needed to call in." He kept asking me what I needed, and I told him I did not know, that I was responding to the message I saw on line.

He put me on hold again, called someone else. While he had them on another line he picked my line back up. He could not explain to the other person what the problem was, so he asked me again.... Starting to get frustrating.

Finally, they held a brief conversation which I could not hear clearly, and the phone agent came back to me and said everything was taken care of.

This morning, I go to see if I can check in on line at AA.com, and the outbound AA(operated by AS) segment was gone.

I called the EXP desk, and another helpful EXP agent tells me that the segment was cancelled yesterday afternoon. What??? He looks through the record in detail, and at 5:59 yesterday afternoon, UA had just cancelled my outbound flight! I received no notice of this from anyone, and only saw it when I tried to check in on line.

I asked the EXP agent if he could send me a screenshot of his system showing where UA had arbitrarliy cancelled my outbound, but he said he was not able to do this...

Fortunately, the EXP agent was able to reinstate my outbound flight, and was also able to get me an exit row seat.

UA: If you read through these threads you will see that I am one of your more vocal defenders. But this behaviour by your agent is disturbing and demonstrates a complete disregard for your customers and your level of customer service.

It appears that the people at UA I was on the phone with had no idea what the problem was, and in order to get it resolved and get me off the phone they just cancelled my outbound flight (which appeared to fix things from the UA side anyway).

Not at all acceptable, and even more embarrassing that I had to go to an AA EXP agent to identify exactly what UA had done, and to correct the mistake that UA 1K agent had made.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Later on, I took a look at the reservation on UA.com. While I had been upgraded to F for my return flight, and was able to select my preferred F seat, I also received the message: "! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued."

I called in to the 1K(?) line, phone quickly answered but I was immediately put on hold. Couple minutes later he comes back and asks the reason for my call. I say "I don't know, when checking my reservation on UA.com it told me I needed to call in." He kept asking me what I needed, and I told him I did not know, that I was responding to the message I saw on line.
it looks like the upgrade threw the reservation out of sync with the ticket. It happens. I am guessing the ticket was issued on AA or AS ticket stock so technically, the UA desk couldn't do anything with the ticket.

I think (and I could be very wrong) that the only thing the UA agent could do is reissue the ticket, which killed the AS segment. What the agent should have told you was that they could do nothing with the ticket and you should have called AA or AS to have the ticket properly reissued.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Well, I just called them this morning about a similar issue with SA and UA flight. With a change in schedule resulting in a 1 hr layover in IAD (with customs and immigration due), the agent suggested that I try making the connection else give them a call after I missed the connection
Old May 16, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
I actually do this exact same routing (I'm guessing you're on the first AA/AS flight out on Mon and last UA flight back on Thurs?) and called the 1K line when I saw the same message the first time I booked it. They said it was due to the multiple carriers on the reservation and not to worry about it. Been going on 2 months of this and never had an issue. You're lucky on the upgrade though, 1K and I'm usually #10-15 on the list...
Old May 16, 2012, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by colpuck
it looks like the upgrade threw the reservation out of sync with the ticket. It happens. I am guessing the ticket was issued on AA or AS ticket stock so technically, the UA desk couldn't do anything with the ticket.

I think (and I could be very wrong) that the only thing the UA agent could do is reissue the ticket, which killed the AS segment. What the agent should have told you was that they could do nothing with the ticket and you should have called AA or AS to have the ticket properly reissued.
How do I tell who issued the ticket? (I think it is AA, not 100% certain though.)

Yes, if the the UA agent had just told me what you mention above, it would have saved me the hassle I had to go through.

Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
I actually do this exact same routing (I'm guessing you're on the first AA/AS flight out on Mon and last UA flight back on Thurs?) and called the 1K line when I saw the same message the first time I booked it. They said it was due to the multiple carriers on the reservation and not to worry about it. Been going on 2 months of this and never had an issue. You're lucky on the upgrade though, 1K and I'm usually #10-15 on the list...
If they had told me this, it would have been fine too.... Instead, they 'fixed' it!

My return is Friday early afternoon, so I don't think too much competition for the upgrade. Thursday nights can be brutal...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.