Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Asiana Award Reservation CANCELLED without even telling me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Award Reservation CANCELLED without even telling me!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Please let us know how it gets resolved.
I will definitely update the thread with the results. I also ended up emailing through the website, to relay my story, but mostly to request that they at least update their system such that passengers are notified in cases like this. I received the response below 1.5 hours later from 1K Voice. While I was hoping for a response, I certainly thought it would at least take days, so I pleasantly surprised in that regard.

Edit: I'm realizing now that I chose "Future Travel" from the dropdown on their Customer Service Contact form, so that may be the reason that I heard back so soon.

-----

Dear XXX,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We regret to learn of your disappointment in regards to the cancellation
of your reservation from Incheon to Yangon. I contacted our
Reservations department on your behalf and was advised that your flight
was cancelled due to a schedule change that Asiana Airlines had for
flight OZ 7453. When schedule changes occur, we expect our partner
airline to reschedule our passengers for a flight departing at a similar
time. We are truly sorry that you were not rescheduled for your flight
and no notification was processed. I assure you that your concerns have
not gone unheard as I have forwarded your comments to our Senior
Management and Star Alliance partner, Asiana Airlines to ensure service
and communication improvements for better handling in the future. We
will need you to follow up with our Reservations department at
1-800-756-1000 in regards to confirmation number XXXXXX on February 12
as directed by the Reservations representative you spoke with to ensure
your flights will be rescheduled.

While we can't undo the circumstances you experienced, we have requested
7,000 MileagePlus miles to be deposited to your account as an expression
of our concern. You may expect the miles to be posted to your account
in 5-10 business days. We humbly thank you for being a Premier 1K
member of our MileagePlus program. Your business matters to us and we
look forward to serving you again.

Regards,

Corporate Customer Care
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Our trip is in two days and I'm nervous as heck. Have been nursing this rezzie for months, checking in once in a while and having my brother do the same. They've assured and reassured us that the reservation is intact and will be fine. I received a schedule change email from UA the other day and made my brother call again. He just texted me that everything is still there post schedule change (although to be honest, I saw no difference between the original itinerary and the updated one, so not sure what that was about). Anyway, we've done all we can...he's got printouts of his itinerary. My sister has an award itin on ANA, but that seems to garner fewer issues. We shall see when they start their trips. Hoping all goes smoothly. I wish Jeff Smisek would call me...I'd take his call.

Originally Posted by RTW1
It does when you get the OZ PNR and matkusopet would have probably gotten that when he called.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Please let us know how it gets resolved.
I called this morning and was told that the ticket had been reinstated. Email was sent with details (same confirmation as before), including the ticket number. I used this ticket number to assign my seat online at the Asiana website (it's a bit buried and requires the ticket number, not the confirmation number). I then called Asiana to see if the seat assignment had taken (it had) and asked for the ticket number to confirm that there indeed was one on the reservation. There was, but it was not the same one that was in the email I received, so I'll hang on to both in case there is any trouble at check-in. Unfortunately, this reservation does not show up in my Active ones on the website, but remains in the Inactive tab, which when clicked on to View shows an error. I also get an error if I try to manually view this reservation using the confirmation number. I replied back to Customer Care asking them to look into this and they assured me that the reservation is still good. Guess I'll have to check with United/Asiana for the next few days to make sure nothing goes awry.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Plat DL-Plat (did status match on DL before losing EXP on AA)
Just an update that this is still a potential problem -

As I use up my MP miles on decent airlines, I booked online yesterday an Asiana flight using UA miles on United.com yesterday.
This morning, there was a ticket number, but no Asiana confirmation #.

A call to United in India, takes 30 mins, as they can't see any Asiana Conf #. The agent wants to rebook me on some other flight. I insist that I want the flight that I booked and supposedly is ticketed. Finally, I am given the Asiana conf #.

I call Asiana reservations. They have the record of reservation, but it is not ticketed - I give them the ticket #, which they accept. If I hadn't done this, I would have lost my "confirmed" and "ticketed" reservation made through United.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:30 am

I have an Asiana leg on a award ticket I recently confirmed. I am used to most awards being confirmed in 15-20 minutes and at most a few hours even with various partners like NH, CA, AC, US etc, but this ticket has already been pending ticketing for over 24 hours. I called United and they told me it takes 24 hours to ticket any award with OZ legs. Is this correct? Should I keep calling and press them to ticket it? when should I start to worry?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: UA PremExec
I would start worrying and call again about 48 hrs.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:39 pm

Is this still issue still happening? Last week I booked my first F OZ award online and everything seems good. Have my E-Ticket number from UA for the flight, OZ Confirmation number, seats assigned when calling OZ, email confirmation from OZ with confirmation number and then in parentheses gives me a (XXXX-XXXX) I assume thats the OZ ticket number? Also checked checkmytrip.com and its showing confirmed. Just want to make sure there isnt anything else I need to check? Do I need to make sure my e-ticket number from UA is linked to the reservation as well? Everything seems to be in order.

Last edited by ASUDan130; Nov 27, 2013 at 8:50 pm
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Is this still issue still happening? Last week I booked my first F OZ award online and everything seems good. Have my E-Ticket number from UA for the flight, OZ Confirmation number, seats assigned when calling OZ, email confirmation from OZ with confirmation number and then in parentheses gives me a (XXXX-XXXX) I assume thats the OZ ticket number? Also checked checkmytrip.com and its showing confirmed. Just want to make sure there isnt anything else I need to check? Do I need to make sure my e-ticket number from UA is linked to the reservation as well? Everything seems to be in order.
the ticket number will be the SAME for OZ as it is from UA. there won't be a difference.

can you view the UA ticket number on the OZ website is by some other means?

it never hurts to call Asiana and simply ask 'do you have a ticket number in the booking?'

having a PNR or seat selection in itself is no guarantee.

continue to monitor the booking at regular intervals to ensure the segments remain in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.