Problem with reissued ticket

Subscribe
I called UA once I noticed just 60 min connection between FRA-IAH and IAH-LAS and they agreed to rebook me on a later flight from Houston. It took 40 min, 'cause they needed to reissue the ticket. Once done, I was still getting : '! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.' message. Called again, got ICC (how wonderful ) and agent told me his support desk reissued the ticket again and I'm all set. The only problem is that when I pull this reservation online the message is still there. Should I be worried about this or this is just how our new website works?
I'm alittle too new on SHARES but I'll speculate..........

Your reservation has been changed and the ticket has been exchanged, but the new segment still has to be re-synced with the old segment - In other words - matched up or "adjusted" - "commanding" the computer to recognize the ticket number for the new segment versus the old segment.

Sorry, I am not computer literate in the true sense of the word. Your PNR
might look like this on the surface:

UA 123 10APR FRAIAH (original departure time)
UA 345 10APR IAHLAS (new flight/new time)

The electronic ticket (not visible to you) would look like this

UA 123 10APR FRAIAH
UA 789 10APR IAHLAS (old flight)

Yet a third screen (not visible to you) would show the actual ticket number(s) to be adjusted.

So, UA 789 ticket number has to be "adjusted" or "synced" to now apply to UA 345. This may not have been done yet, thereby causing the response you are getting. I can see your concern but I wouldn't worry about it. You can either call again and have someone do it or wait for check-in at the airport (not suggested).
Message me your PNR number Ill check it tomorrow
I decided to call again. On hold for 40 mins... (still on the phone) They are 'looking into it' and there is some kind of technical glitch (how surprising :P). At least, they are aware of the problem, agent is nice and seems competent.

Ok, I'll give you the update, because I'm quite shocked. The agent came back after an hour and told me 'You know, because of the merger, we are having some difficulties and I don't even know how to explain it to you, you just need to know you are going to be fine eventually'. I went on to ask her when will the ticket be in sync and was told to 'give it a couple of weeks'. I understand the ticket has LO and LH segments, but this is not a valid excuse and I'm not the one to be punished for SHARES. I'm going to ask them to cancel and refund the ticket (it's non-refundable) as this is NOT acceptable. Booking a new one will take me 5 minutes and I've no time to deal with this.
Its no skin off my nose to look at it for you if you want me too.
Quote: Its no skin off my nose to look at it for you if you want me too.
I'll PM you, thanks !
i need help. I changed my flight with united airlines on friday the 26th and I still have the message that i must call to have my tickets reissued. I have spent many of hours on the phone with the reservation line at united and I have gotten nowhere. Does it really take over a week to have a ticket reissued. I do not have the patience for this. Can someone please help me fix this problem.

Quote: I'll PM you, thanks !
Was this issue ever resolved??
Quote: i need help. I changed my flight with united airlines on friday the 26th and I still have the message that i must call to have my tickets reissued. I have spent many of hours on the phone with the reservation line at united and I have gotten nowhere. Does it really take over a week to have a ticket reissued. I do not have the patience for this. Can someone please help me fix this problem.

Was this issue ever resolved??
if the flight is far in the furture don't worry about it. This will resolve itself. Else keep calling and talk to the ticketing desk.
Quote: if the flight is far in the furture don't worry about it. This will resolve itself. Else keep calling and talk to the ticketing desk.
The flight is in less than two weeks. Should I be worried? I fly out on November 14.
Quote: The flight is in less than two weeks. Should I be worried? I fly out on November 14.
It's possible that SHARES dropped one of the partner flights.

I would definitely pursue this.
Quote: The flight is in less than two weeks. Should I be worried? I fly out on November 14.
I'd call back and ask them politely to contact ticketing desk and get the ticket re-issued now. You'll most likely have to push them, as they usually say it has been queued up for processing and there is nothing they can do (not true, but you need good agent). It took multiple calls for my issue to be solved...
Upgraded one leg of ticket, return fare class changed
Sorry for bringing back this old thread, wasn't sure where to ask this.

I had an IAH-LGA-IAH ticket, outbound in Y(K fare) and inbound in F (A fare). I called in this morning to upgrade the outbound, and it went into Z, but oddly the return also became Z. Will this cause any problems for me? I think A is a higher fare then Z, right? Why do you think this happened? Just the best way to refare the ticket?
PQM/PQD earnings look to be showing up right though.

Thanks!

Also I never received a new eticket, and the one in manage booking on the website still shows the old fare classes. does this mean it wasn't reticketed properly?
Quote: I had an IAH-LGA-IAH ticket, outbound in Y(K fare) and inbound in F (A fare). I called in this morning to upgrade the outbound, and it went into Z, but oddly the return also became Z. Will this cause any problems for me? I think A is a higher fare then Z, right? Why do you think this happened? Just the best way to refare the ticket?
It was probably cheapest as a roundtrip Z so your entire ticket repriced.

A is a first class fare, Z is a business class fare. One is not really superior to the other. They are both discount fares.

Quote: Also I never received a new eticket, and the one in manage booking on the website still shows the old fare classes. does this mean it wasn't reticketed properly?
Give that time and the e-ticket should update to show the add collect.
Quote: I had an IAH-LGA-IAH ticket, outbound in Y(K fare) and inbound in F (A fare). I called in this morning to upgrade the outbound, and it went into Z, but oddly the return also became Z. Will this cause any problems for me? I think A is a higher fare then Z, right? Why do you think this happened? Just the best way to refare the ticket?
PQM/PQD earnings look to be showing up right though.
As Kacee noted they probably refared both directions because that was cheaper for you. A is a higher fare than Z, but they earn identically and are both two-cabin First fares so unless you're trying to SDC the return or were flying on a 3-class aircraft there's no meaningful difference (and keeping the return in A would have been more expensive).

Quote: Also I never received a new eticket, and the one in manage booking on the website still shows the old fare classes. does this mean it wasn't reticketed properly?
Give it some time, and then emailing yourself the receipt will force it to update.
Quote: It was probably cheapest as a roundtrip Z so your entire ticket repriced.

A is a first class fare, Z is a business class fare. One is not really superior to the other. They are both discount fares.

Give that time and the e-ticket should update to show the add collect.
Quote: As Kacee noted they probably refared both directions because that was cheaper for you. A is a higher fare than Z, but they earn identically and are both two-cabin First fares so unless you're trying to SDC the return or were flying on a 3-class aircraft there's no meaningful difference (and keeping the return in A would have been more expensive).

Give it some time, and then emailing yourself the receipt will force it to update.
Ok cool, thanks!