Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA PerksPlus Program" Discussion Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United PerksPlusSM program - Making business travel more rewarding

United PerksPlus, a complimentary corporate program designed to reward small- and mid-sized enterprises for business travel on United®, United Express®, All Nippon Airways (ANA), Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and Swiss International Air Lines.
Summary -- PerksPlus provide a reward system for the corporation for their ticket purchases.

• Points can be redeemed for United MileagePlus Premier Gold or Silver status.
  • Use points to enjoy a United Club annual membership or receive a book of one-time passes to access United airport lounges in over 45 locations worldwide. Visit the United Club and lounges page for more information on the United Club network.
  • Points may be redeemed for award travel certificates that can be used on the extensive United route network.
And points can be converted to UA MP miles - Two United PerksPlus Points will be converted to one MileagePlus award mile.
[/quote]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum

Does anyone know if the Perk Plus program is still in effect? I have a voucher for an award ticket through Perks Plus that my employer gave me last year. It is for a domestic round trip but the number is not in service now
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:28 pm

Yes it is. But they have seriously devalued the program (surprise there!). Not a big deal, since I moved our company's business to AA. :-)

As communicated in December, the business loyalty programs, PerksPlus at United and RewardOne® at Continental are coming to an end. But what's emerging is even better.

Introducing the 2012 United PerksPlus program:

United is pleased to announce this new, simplified and enhanced complimentary corporate program which has harmonized two great airline programs, PerksPlus and RewardOne, into one.

Discover United PerksPlus
You'll find everything you need to know about the new United PerksPlus in the information below. In addition, you will be receiving further communications in March 2012 that will announce the enrollment period and overall process for enrolling in the new program via the online website.

Please note that your current January 2012 points balance for your existing PerksPlus account is currently available via the secure website located at: www.perkspluspartners.com. Thank you again for participating in PerksPlus. We hope the enhancements we have made to the new United PerksPlus program will make your business travel even more rewarding.

Discover how it works
The new program is simple. Based on how travelers fly, your company now has more options than ever before to earn United PerksPlus points.

How to earn United PerksPlus points*
Tier Fare type Booking Class Hub Non-Hub
1 Last-minute or premium fares F, J, Y 3 points 6 points
2 Typical business travel fares C, A, B, M, E, U, H 2 points 4 points
3 Highly discounted leisure fares D, Z, P, K, G,
Q, V, W, S, T, L 1 point 2 points
*Points are awarded based on 1 point for each $1 USD in Qualifying Revenue** times the multiplier identified for the associated booking class purchased and hub. (Example: For $500 in Qualifying Revenue booked in C class and flown from a non-Hub market, multiply 500 by 4 from the points earned column to arrive at 2,000 points.)
**Qualifying Revenue is defined as is defined as actual flown revenue, excluding all taxes, fees, surcharges and refunds. Effective March 12, 2012, Qualifying Revenue applies to non-discounted fares booked in F, C, J, D, Z, P, A, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, S, T, L, K, G class of service only.

You may earn one point for each flown dollar, with a multiplier for Tier and Hub/Non-Hub travel. Points are awarded for Qualifying Revenue flown from our 10 hubs all over the world. It's that easy.

• Your membership automatically renews itself - United PerksPlus is an annual program. Once your company's eligible revenue totals $25,000 USD on United or United Express within the 12-month period immediately after enrollment, we will automatically renew your membership. Upon renewal, outstanding points earned during the prior term will remain valid for an additional twelve months.

• Redeeming Points - Once your company's eligible revenue has totaled $5,000 USD for three months immediately after enrollment, you can begin to redeem points online. Your request will be processed within two business days of your submission.

Discover more choices
United PerksPlus gives you the flexibility of booking your United travel the way you want to. Book your tickets through our award-winning website www.united.com or call your travel agent. The choice is yours.

Discover more rewards
The rewards of company travel have never been better with United. Points are redeemable for:
• Award Travel Certificates: 10 options for travel in United's expanded network
• MileagePlus® Premier Gold and Premier Silver memberships
• United Club annual membership and One-Time Passes for use in United's renowned lounges in over 50 locations worldwide
• United Currency Coupons: valid for a premium beverage onboard United

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Frequently Asked Questions

When will the new program launch?
United PerksPlus will officially launch in late first quarter 2012. Following the official launch date, customers will no longer be able to earn points for the existing PerksPlus and RewardOne programs.

How do companies apply for United PerksPlus?
In March 2012, active members of the current PerksPlus program, who do not have another existing United Corporate Travel Agreement, will be sent an email invitation to enroll in the new program. Customers will be asked to fill out the online enrollment form and accept the program's Terms and Conditions. The Authorized Representative of Companies that meet the eligibility requirements will receive an email that confirms their Company has been accepted in the program.

What information does a company need to enroll in United PerksPlus?
The company's Authorized Representative must have a valid e-mail address, a list of the Company's employees who travel on business and their MileagePlus number. If any of the Company's employees are not MileagePlus members, there is a section to request enrollment in the MileagePlus program and they will be enrolled automatically.

Do travelers have to be MileagePlus members in order for the Company to participate?
Yes. This is a United PerksPlus requirement. The Enrollment Form will provide an option to enroll travelers in the MileagePlus program automatically.

How much does it cost to participate?
United PerksPlus is a complimentary program - there is no enrollment fee.

What happens to the points the company has on the previous PerksPlus program?
We are striving to make the transition for our valued customers on the previous program as simple as possible:
• Existing PerksPlus active customers with a points balance in February 2012 who do not have another existing United Corporate Travel Agreement will be able to convert their existing points at a ratio of 1 point for every PerksPlus existing point.

Points from the conversion to the new program will be transitioned in April 2012, and customers will be eligible to redeem these points on the new United PerksPlus at that time. Please note that our existing customers with active balances are still required to enroll in the new United PerksPlus program prior to points converting.

What are the qualification criteria for United PerksPlus?
To qualify for enrollment into the United PerksPlus program, your company must have at least five employees and not be subject to a Corporate Travel Agreement with United. Travel agencies, wholesalers, consolidators or other resellers of travel are not permitted in the program.

What happens if the company opts to not enroll in the new United PerksPlus?
For customers who do not convert their points, PerksPlus points will remain available for redemption through June 30, 2012 and customers can access their account information online at www.perkspluspartners.com.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: CO MR HH
RewardOne People Lose Out BIG TIME

Here is the link to the new PerksPlus reward chart. What used to be 46 RewardOne Points for Biz Class to Europe and elsewhere, is now 325,000 United PerksPlus points. Our RewardOne points convert at 1,000 to 1. So what used to cost "46,000" points is now 325,000 points.

PLUS, there is a requirement to spend minimum of $5000 in a 3-month period to be able to QUALIFY to redeem.

I called MileagePlus...they admittedly know nothing about any of this.

Boys and grrls...we rewardOne folks just got the shaft!

Anybody see anything different?

http://unitedperksplus.united.com/chart.aspx

Last edited by mikesimm; Apr 3, 2012 at 12:25 pm
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
Here is the correct link:

http://unitedperksplus.united.com/chart.aspx
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:50 pm

The United people on this board will find a way to blame this on PMCO too. Really absurd some of the claims they make.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by fragment54
The United people on this board will find a way to blame this on PMCO too. Really absurd some of the claims they make.
+1, For those who don't know most of the above "changes" were the PMUA criteria.

I called MileagePlus...they admittedly know nothing about any of this.
They wouldn't. PP was its own dept.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
When you have a CO dominant leadership team putting in majority CO policies and using CO systems, there's nothing absurd about such claims
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:27 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Nope. Don't assume things.

I'm one of the biggest haters of CO and the new UA out there, and this is one area where United absolutely stinks and did so before the merger.

The PP program is a joke for most small companies like ours...Heck, we only occasionally (although more so since the merger) book DL flights, and the DL program is far superior. Heck, we've redeemed DL BizPerks points for upgrades, elite status and club passes, and we hardly ever fly DL.

The PP program is complex, exclusionary and has very unattainable awards. Ironic, isn't it? DL is known for "SkyPesos", but has a much better small business rewards program than UA.

I've had quarters where we did spend the prerequisite $5K, but with the timing of the flights and whatever mumbo-jumbo they came up with, it didn't 'technically' qualify.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
Guess I better redeem my point now before I transfer to the new program.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: Continental One Pass, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by 767400
Guess I better redeem my point now before I transfer to the new program.
Hope you are not too late. I cashed in most of my points for an additional year in the United Club on 3/2 right after the e-mail announcing the new program. That "cost" 15 points or so. In the new program, it would be 55 points. Bit of a devaluation.

Did take a little extra to get the new card, but it has arrived.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Our Executive Assistant guessed correctly ahead of time and spent all our points down already.

This $5k per quarter to qualify, plus $25k annual to auto-renew is nonsense. About the only thing United copied from the CO program was the back-end system (which is pretty nice, by the way, since the travel administrator can just load the MP numbers in and not bother the travelers to load it in their own profiles...DL's biggest problem.) Otherwise, this whole program is worse in every direction compared to RewardOne.

The nonprofit I administer this program for on the side is going to have a tough time ever meeting the minimum thresholds. Lucky that the majority of their flying is on DL.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Does anyone know how to access a PMUA PerksPlus account? I had both PMUA and PMCO, and can successfully get to the PMCO one from the new site, but not the PMUA one
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: United Gold; HHonors Diamond
My existing earned points and previous redemption rates still seem in effect in the perksplus website. Are you guys saying I should redeem those now?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.4MM; AA PLT 2.5MM; Hilton Diamond; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex MR; Chase UR, et al
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
+1, For those who don't know most of the above "changes" were the PMUA criteria.
Well...there's a li'l PMCO mixed in - which is to be expected.

1) The Hub/Non-Hub thing is certainly not legacy UA PerksPlus and, IME, reflects a deprioritization of hub sales/revenue - probably a mistake in markets like ORD and LAX, where we have a choice.

2) The best redemption value, IMO, was the 10k pts for a CR1 (RPU). This has been removed as a redemption option, which is in line with new UA's moves to reduce/eliminate CR1/RPUs.

I'm bummed that the United Club membership used to be 20k pts and is now 55k pts.

We earned just over 200,000 points last year. We earn about 80% of our points from Tier 1 spending, so we will take a hit of about 40,000 pts in accrual this year. Combine that with a more than doubling of the United Club membership and a removal of the upgrade options and there's little benefit for our business. Of course, if we were in a non-hub, then we'd be earning an extra 80,000 pts.

I am also disappointed that they kept D fares as Tier 3 and they downgraded B fares to Tier 2; I'm surprised how non-aligned the tiers are with what UA has historically called full-fare for the purpose of GS qualification. No mention of Lufthansa. No mention of codeshares.

Overall bummer - more Business ExtrAA spend, I guess.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:08 pm

PMUA had CR-1- RPU, whatever you want to call it. This new program, which was set up by COdbaUA doesn't.

Facts are stubborn things. CO's management cares more about bonuses and revenue than pax.

Chalking it up to "another change we'll like"

Last edited by donnerparty; Apr 9, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.