FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Chase MP Club credit card {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1329491-chase-mp-club-credit-card-archive.html)

UA Insider Mar 27, 2012 8:24 am

Chase MP Club credit card {Archive}

Hi Everyone, obviously I'm a lilttle late to the game here, but, as you can see, today we’ll officially be introducing the new United MileagePlus Club Card. I know there’s been speculation on this, and I’m sure there will be follow-up questions. To start, here are some key highlights of the United MileagePlus Club Card:
  • As the card name suggests, a full United Club membership is included. If you already have a United Club membership, once approved for the card, you’ll be refunded for any unused portion of your membership as long as the refund is $15 or more (the refund is applicable to annual and three year memberships)

• There are some key benefits, too. Just like our Presidential Plus Card, the new Club Card is designed to enhance your total travel experience. Here’s a list of the benefits (details for each can be found here):

• Earn 50% more miles on ALL purchases. This is a new benefit. Cardmembers will earn at least 50% more miles on all purchases with the new Club Card. Specifically, for each $1 spent, Cardmembers will earn 1.5 miles, and when purchasing United tickets, the miles jump to 2 miles for every $1 spent on tickets
  • Free first and second standard checked bags for the Cardmember and one companion
  • Premier Access travel services, including priority check-in, security, boarding and baggage handling
  • Book award tickets close to the departure date without a fee. We’ll waive the fee for booking award tickets 21 days or less prior to departure. This benefit is reserved for certain Cardmembers and certain Premier levels
  • Get complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members). Cardmembers who are also Premier members will be eligible to receive their complimentary upgrade benefits (where available) even when traveling on an award ticket in economy class
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Cardmembers will have access to last-seat award availability (applicable to general members)
  • As a Cardmember, miles don’t expire
  • Invitation to special Avis benefits and Hyatt Platinum Elite status
  • Inside Access from Chase. As a Cardmember, you will be delighted with opportunities to attend private, curated, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Visit InsideAccess.com to learn about upcoming events
  • Access to the Chase’s Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection special rates and benefits
  • Premier travel and purchase protection, including primary auto rental collision damage coverage
  • 24/7 Concierge Services
For those of you who already have a credit card with Chase, here’s some more information:
  • Already have a Mileage Plus Club Visa Card? You’ll find that the key differences are that the new Club Card has the added benefits of free checked bags, Premier Access, 50% mileage bonus on all purchases, award tickets close to departure date without a fee and complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members where available). The new Club Card does not award Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases. More specific information about your current card and the new Club Card will arrive in the mail in late April

• Already have the Presidential Plus Card? The key difference is that the Presidential Plus Card awards Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases whereas the new Club Card awards a 50% mileage bonus on all purchases. Both cards earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on United tickets. If you’re interested in changing over to the new Club Card, simply call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options. While the Presidential Plus Card and its benefits will continue, we are not taking any additional applications for new Presidential Plus accounts

• Already have another United card from Chase? If you currently have another United card from Chase and want to switch, call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options
For a full list of details, and to apply for the new Club Card, please visit MileagePlusClub.com.

As always, please let us know your questions.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines

J.Edward Mar 27, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks for the update Shannon -- if a PresPlus member wants to convert, can Chase wave a magic wand and make it happen or do you have to go through a whole new application process?

Also for those who are currently locked in at the $375 level from the first runs of the PPlus card, will that carry over if we convert to the new card?

warreng24 Mar 27, 2012 9:23 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 18281780)
If you already have a United Club membership, once approved for the card, you’ll be refunded for any unused portion of your membership as long as the refund is $15 or more (the refund is applicable to annual and three year memberships)

Hi Shannon,

Do you get a refund if you paid for your club membership using miles?

Also, 1K's get a 60$ off the annual fee for MileagePlus cards. Can the 60$ off be applied to this new club card as well?

Thanks.

WIRunner Mar 27, 2012 9:30 am

If I change from the ppmc to the new club card will my account number change? I'm lazy and don't want to change up my autopays on the card.

eagle92 Mar 27, 2012 9:31 am

Originally Posted by WIRunner (Post 18282227)
If I change from the ppmc to the new club card will my account number change? I'm lazy and don't want to change up my autopays on the card.

I would bet yes. The PPMC is a Mastercard...the new club card is a Visa...

sorrowfull Mar 27, 2012 9:38 am

Does this card earn any of the flex PQM or the bouns PQM at $35000 spend level?

Jake Gittes Mar 27, 2012 9:38 am

Are there plans to issue an EMV-chipped version?

PSU Mudder Mar 27, 2012 9:48 am

Will the reduced fee benefits on drinks at the club and DirecTv continue with this card?

WineCountryUA Mar 27, 2012 9:51 am

Originally Posted by sorrowfull (Post 18282281)
Does this card earn any of the flex PQM or the bouns PQM at $35000 spend level?

see post #1

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 18281780)
.... The new Club Card does not award Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases. ...

planeluvr Mar 27, 2012 9:53 am

Already answered.

PSU Mudder Mar 27, 2012 9:56 am

The fee is $395, up from $375 for the Presidential Plus card.

enviroian Mar 27, 2012 9:56 am

Originally Posted by J.Edward (Post 18282140)
Thanks for the update Shannon -- if a PresPlus member wants to convert, can Chase wave a magic wand and make it happen or do you have to go through a whole new application process?

Also for those who are currently locked in at the $375 level from the first runs of the PPlus card, will that carry over if we convert to the new card?

+1. Key question. It would be nice to not have to go through the app process all over again.

worldexpress Mar 27, 2012 9:59 am

Annual Fee: $395

Baze Mar 27, 2012 10:00 am

Deleted because my emotions did not allow me to get my real point across.

Renard Mar 27, 2012 10:02 am

So it appears that they are essentially killing off the PPlus card. They might as well just put it out of its misery as it has essentially been eviscerated. :(

The flex PQM are essentially worthless for anyone flying over 75K so there appears to be little reason to keep the PPlus. In fact, since the PPlus doesn't have the benefit of earning 1.5 miles per $ spend, you're loosing out by keeping it...if I understand correctly.

The new fee is higher than the PPlus? Now that's a change we were expecting! Less is more. Less benefits and higher fees.