Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can't print boarding passes during online checkin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't print boarding passes during online checkin?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Have you ever checked in with a kiosk? That's what did it for me - once the kiosk did a scan, everything was fine.
Can you check in for a wholly-domestic itinerary at the kiosk by scanning your passport, and thus have the scan saved in your profile for use during OLCI on your next int'l flight?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
yes but with 2 passports you may alter which passport you need to be using. You generally want to go into and out of a country on the same passport.

I too am a 2 passport holder, but dual citizen situation not 2 US passports.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
I've had my 5th international flight - the passport number is in my MileagePlus profile; it shows on the information linked to the ticket but I still get the message that I must check in and have an agent check my passport whereas in the past, I could just print my boarding pass. Last night it was IAD-LHR on UA metal. Anyone have ideas of how to make it stick so I can print my boarding pass.
It's a "known" bug in the system. I've spent numerous hours on the phone with web support trying to fix it for both me and my 1K GF.
Our passport info is properly recorded in our respective profiles, yet we're unable to do OLCI, as the information does not populate to the PNR.

Major PITA, but as with many (most??) CO IT issues, this one is unlikely to be fixed soon, IMO.

Good luck!
Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.