Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Interim Expenses While Waiting for Lost/Delayed Luggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold

What are the UA rules for reimbursing for Lost/Delayed luggage while traveling United internationally?

How/What can I ask for?

TIA
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Did you complete this form?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con..._201112_en.pdf

Are you asking how much money you will be reimbursed for items you must replace until your bags are found?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 100% Green
What are the UA rules for reimbursing for Lost/Delayed luggage while traveling United internationally?

How/What can I ask for?

TIA
UA will reimburse you for your temporary items ONLY if your luggage is eventually found. If they end up compensating you for an actual LOST bag (which their maximum liability is somewhere around $3300), they will not also cover the cost of your temporary items purchased.

My friend recently had his bag lost by UA, and was initially told that his temporary items + max compensation would be offered, but they only ended up giving him the max comp. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.