Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is about the deposit / posting of PlusPoints (previously RPUs/GPUs) upon meeting the criteria for earning these certs.
- You will need to have earned and have had posted the needed PQPs/PQFs PQMs
- You will need to have 4 UA operated segments or have a waiver (MP PresPlus or MP Club primary credit cardholders) -
- You will need to have met the required PQD levels or have a waiver ( Non-USA MP account address or credit spend waiver {only for Plat or lower}

NOTE in 2020 UA will be using a different set of elite qualification criteria -- PQF / PQP -- see New Premier Qualification Requirements for 2020: Only Spend or Spend + Flight Sectors
Then it will take hours or a few days (generally 2-3 but occasionally to a week)
There have been occasionally longer delays at the very end / beginning of the year.
Posting of MMer PlusPoints certs can take a week or two after the beginning of the year.

Archive: Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer){Archive}
Print Wikipost

Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
You should get them within a week.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timfountain
I just rolled over from Gold to Plat and and my status shows as Plat, but no Pluspoints. How quickly will the Pluspoints be deposited? Reason for the question is that I have a flight in 9 days that I'd like to try and apply some of them to....

Thanks

- Tim
All my deposits this year have been within about 2 days after the PQP post.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
When do Plus Points Deposit?

Are there any reports of how long it takes for Plus Points to be deposited to your MileapgePlus account after qualifying for Platinum or 1K?

I just qualified for 1K, and my account just updated with my status, however I have 0 Plus Points. I'm trying to upgrade an international flight that departs next week while PZ>0 but don't have my Plus Points to do it....is it work calling 1K for help?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
Are there any reports of how long it takes for Plus Points to be deposited to your MileapgePlus account after qualifying for Platinum or 1K?

I just qualified for 1K, and my account just updated with my status, however I have 0 Plus Points. I'm trying to upgrade an international flight that departs next week while PZ>0 but don't have my Plus Points to do it....is it work calling 1K for help?
Call 1K, they are always very helpful.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 5, 2021 at 1:15 pm Reason: FT pratice is not to post nonpublic contact info
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Are there any reports of how long it takes for Plus Points to be deposited to your MileapgePlus account after qualifying for Platinum or 1K? ....
Per recent reports the norm is a few days to no more than a week
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Per recent reports the norm is a few days to no more than a week
I requalified for Plat a few days ago (via normal PQP route, not promo) and got the PlusPoints within a day.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:04 pm

Much to my surprise - the agent I spoke with "loaned" me 160 Plus Points! She forced them into my account in a matter of minutes, and I was able to use them to upgrade my flights right away. She said that she would check back in on my account on Friday (as she is off the next two days) and take the Plus Points back once my 280 deposited. Win!
cfischer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Much to my surprise - the agent I spoke with "loaned" me 160 Plus Points! She forced them into my account in a matter of minutes, and I was able to use them to upgrade my flights right away. She said that she would check back in on my account on Friday (as she is off the next two days) and take the Plus Points back once my 280 deposited. Win!
Not too surprised. Glad to have the data point though. I've seen reports of them doing that when you're on the edge of a qualification threshold. They did it with GPUs in the past and I've personally done it with GPUs as well.

Last edited by VWang1111; Oct 5, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, M Life Gold, SIXT Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum, Global Entry

I qualified for 1K earlier last week. The PQP/PQFs posted within 30 min upon landing in the afternoon. The 280 Plus Points were in my account the next morning. It took less than 24 hours for them to be deposited.
SFOrunner and 8MiHi like this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:19 am

I qualified for 1K at 10:00 AM on Monday, 10/4/21. By Tuesday morning my account was updated to reflect that I was 1K, and by 7:00 PM Tuesday night I had received 280 plus points. So approximately 33 hours from the time I landed to the time PP's were deposited. FWIW, I qualified on a SkyWest flight - so there may have been some lag.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I got mine this evening. I did check early today.
Has anyone get the PlusPoints deposited for LT 1K/GS MMers. Last year, I got them on January 14.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:06 am
iwc

Have any 3 or 4 Million Milers who did not requalify see their plus points added this year?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by iwc
Have any 3 or 4 Million Milers who did not requalify see their plus points added this year?
Nope.
I got PPs deposited on January 14 last year.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:14 am
iwc

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Nope.
I got PPs deposited on January 14 last year.
Thanks. Mine were also posted on 1/14/21 as well as mid-january in prior years.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:37 am

Delayed until late of the month

I called 1K MPSC and spoke to an agent about the deposit of MMer PPs. She talked to her supervisor. It will be delayed until the end of this month.
Just be patient.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.