Wiki Posts
Search

.com:No more incoming flight info?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
.com:No more incoming flight info?

When looking at flight status page on .com, I am no longer seeing the incoming flight info, just the aircraft type and number. Anyone else not seeing this?
(Sorry if already a thread on this. Searched but couldn't find anything.)
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:41 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Huh, you're right; it's gone when I checked status on several of today's flights.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Indeed. Temporary bug or permanent reduction in available information? Given the massive operational difficulties recently, which are often highlighted by this information, won't be surprised if it's the latter.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by exerda
Huh, you're right; it's gone when I checked status on several of today's flights.
This sucks, especially when I would check to see if the inbound was delayed for "x" reason, and if it was (most of the time) I would be able to get on a different flight before I left for the airport and therefore avoided a cluster...

Now, it's all bets are off and one is at the mercy of the airport agents; unless of course the agents tell you to call the 1K desk because they are powerless to assist.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
still available on https://mobile.united.com and android app

Originally Posted by fgirard
... Now, it's all bets are off and one is at the mercy of the airport agents;....
While sometimes nice, it tended to be unreliable due irrops.
If not a glitch (which is a good probability), we lived without in pmUA.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
still available on https://mobile.united.com and android app
Thank you, WineCountry.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:49 pm

Prevent info from getting to customers so they get mad when they are lied to. Nice.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Funny. I never use the website for this info because of how graphical/slow it is compared to the text version of mobile.united.com. And Mobile.com still shows the data just fine as I'm taking a few flights tomorrow.

-RM
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
incoming flight info still shows up for UA flights on flight aware too. I just wish US would allow access to that...
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Originally Posted by mapboyPHL
incoming flight info still shows up for UA flights on flight aware too. I just wish US would allow access to that...
FlightAware provides it for dozens of airlines including US Airways but also United, Delta, American, JetBlue, click "track inbound flight":

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...240Z/KRNO/KDFW
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:31 pm

I'm having no problems. And I've been tracking a couple flights today on the website, and I have clicked the "Where is this aircraft coming from?" link several times throughout the day - it's been there all along, and still is.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:42 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
No problems for me both on the iPhone app and the website (via safari) and I for one really like this feature-both under irrops and sometimes finding out ahead of time about an aircraft swap via the ship number but also knowing if your inbound flight is late and there is not going to be an aircraft swap so I can try and switch to a different flight
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's back.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Must've been a glitch, having parallels on my MBP, worked on safari but not on IE. Strange but glad its back even if it is not that accurate
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Maybe this is in response to the other discussion about the fact that current flights more or less always show up as being "ON-TIME" when a simple search of the incoming flight shows that the incoming aircraft will arrive 2hrs after you are scheduled to depart. Rather than fixing their software, maybe they are just limiting our access to the information. Probably an enhancement to our well being to sit comfortably knowing our flight is on-time rather than stressing over possible misconnections etc.

How nice of them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.