Community
Wiki Posts
Search

surviving website co or ua?+ Direct TV ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

surviving website co or ua?+ Direct TV ?

I really like how CO works and seems to be much easier to use..anyone know if that will be the survivor?

also...any idea when/if they put direct tv in united metal?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
CO.sux will be the web platform going forward.

I haven't heard anything about DTV, but I suspect no since it generates so little revenue (is it even profitable?).
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by mybagfits
I really like how CO works and seems to be much easier to use..anyone know if that will be the survivor?

also...any idea when/if they put direct tv in united metal?
Nothing has been mentioned which website would be used. IMHO they should combine the best of both websites and create a whole new one. For example CO with it's flight info and UA with the award etc. As for directv being installed on PMUA fleets hasn't been mentioned.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Nothing has been mentioned which website would be used. IMHO they should combine the best of both websites and create a whole new one. For example CO with it's flight info and UA with the award etc. As for directv being installed on PMUA fleets hasn't been mentioned.

Hasn't $misek said DTV is surviving? Am I the only one who heard this/am I going nuts?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mduell
CO.sux will be the web platform going forward.

I haven't heard anything about DTV, but I suspect no since it generates so little revenue (is it even profitable?).
CO did not pay for the installation of DTV.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:37 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
IMHO they should combine the best of both websites and create a whole new one. For example CO with it's flight info and UA with the award etc.
United for awards? Seriously?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by nyc6035

Well whtever everyone like about UA website something about being able to select all sorts of flights at once, rather thn the CO version where only 1 set of flights per page anyway combine tht with the flight info status page from CO.com

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Hasn't $misek said DTV is surviving? Am I the only one who heard this/am I going nuts?
Yes DTV will continue to be installed on the PMCO fleet, however I'm not sure about the PMUA fleet.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 30, 2011 at 8:47 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by nyc6035
Definitely. It's nice to be able to see the whole trip at once rather than having to pick an outbound before you can even see the returns.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Definitely. It's nice to be able to see the whole trip at once rather than having to pick an outbound before you can even see the returns.
I like being able to select individual flights/combinations from far more choices instead of being limited to the combinations shown. C allows selection of up to 50 different flights/combinations per segment.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I like being able to select individual flights/combinations from far more choices instead of being limited to the combinations shown. C allows selection of up to 50 different flights/combinations per segment.
You don't pick "combos" on the UA site (revenue or award) - you see both outbound and return options on the same page, but choose each direction individually. Outbound on left side of the page, return on the right. Much better, IMO.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
You don't pick "combos" on the UA site (revenue or award) - you see both outbound and return options on the same page, but choose each direction individually. Outbound on left side of the page, return on the right. Much better, IMO.

I find it annoying, especially when doing revenue booking, because it doesn't list the price for "if you choose this segment the cheapest price is...."
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I know how the UA site works. I've used it many times. I think it stinks. I have far, far, more flight options when building a trip with the CO site. As noted above, the CO site also makes it easier to determine the least expensive sets of flights and t see the price differences between different flights.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It would be very easy to combine the two capabilities. But having to hit the "back" button during booking to experiment with different combinations is an extremely poor user interface decision.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I know how the UA site works. I've used it many times. I think it stinks. I have far, far, more flight options when building a trip with the CO site. As noted above, the CO site also makes it easier to determine the least expensive sets of flights and t see the price differences between different flights.

.bomb will also tell you the lowest price, and allows you to see the price differences between flights.

Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

.bomb will also tell you the lowest price, and allows you to see the price differences between flights.

Only after you select them, quite tiring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.