Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 12, 12, 12:50 am   #1

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
ORC During Promos

Does Original routing credit include credit during promos? For example...during the US/LHR C promotion if one was reaccomodated from UA or CO on AC or VS, would they still get the 25000 mile RDM bonus? During the ORD-SFO DEQM would one still get the bonus if they we're INVOLed through DEN? Finally what about the RDM bonus? If one was on UA and gets a 1K 100% bonus and is then put on LX would they be able to get the difference in RDMs?
dparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 12, 10:22 am   #2

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, CGI Plat, Mariott Gold
IME, it ultimately depends on how the miles posted. I will illustrate with some instances I had a few years back:

I was flying MBS-RNO and had IRROPS during one of the DEQM, I was rebooked MBS-DTW (NW)-SFO-RNO(UA). I applied for ORC, and did ultimately recieve the DEQM (I *seem* to remember it involved a follow up letter).

My second instance where it did not apply: I was flying LAS-ORD-MBS, I took a VDB and flew LAS-IAD-ORD-MBS. There was some sort of TED RDM promotion at the time on LAS-ORD flights. But I did better on EQM (I was rebooked in full Y), so I did not go for ORC.

So.... in your instance, while you may have been INVOL rerouted via DEN for a ORD/SFO DEQM, if you appled for the ORC, you should get the DEQM. If you stayed with the posting of what you actually flew, I would say no (at least not without some intervention on your part).