FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United mobile app changes/questions/issues post 3 March (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1323361-united-mobile-app-changes-questions-issues-post-3-march.html)

born sleepy Mar 10, 2012 11:42 am

United mobile app changes/questions/issues post 3 March

First check-in post 3/3. What happened? Boarding passes no longer saved in app; my choices were email or fax. Fax? That's still a thing?

Also a little peeved that as PremPlat I'm in boarding group 2.

:td:

EggSS4 Mar 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Born, try force-quitting the app, logging out, and then logging in again. Something similar happened to me and it saved appropriately the following time.

born sleepy Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Hm tried that, no dice. Shows me as check in; if I hit "reprint boarding docs" it still offers only email or fax.

Not a huge deal but it's convenient to have them loaded in the app vs digging around for the email and loading PDFs.

goalie Mar 10, 2012 2:08 pm

It also shows "Points" instead of segments.

What are we, the dAArkside? :rolleyes:

ElliottMB Mar 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy (Post 18173966)
Also a little peeved that as PremPlat I'm in boarding group 2.:td:

I believe this is the correct group for Prem Plat. 1K / First are ahead, and everyone else is behind. See here http://hub.united.com/en-us/News/Com...g-process.aspx

born sleepy Mar 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks, now I get the new boarding process, which sounds a lot more orderly. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

ElliottMB Mar 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy (Post 18174782)
Thanks, now I get the new boarding process, which sounds a lot more orderly. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Hehe me too. LAX-BOS redeye should be fun.

LAXOGG Mar 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Questions about United Mobile App

Will passengers, who clear upgrades with instruments/miles before CPU windows, show up in the upgrade tab, or are they included in the "Booked" total or both.

For example, 2 weeks ago I apply a RPU to a reservation with R space available and clear into F. Two days before my flight, when I run the mobile app or pull up the website, will my name show in the upgrade data with a green check mark as cleared? Or will I just be included in the "Booked" total? Or will I be shown in the upgrade data with a check mark and included in the "Booked" total?

Also will there be any difference in how I will be displayed and accounted for in the "Booked" totals after I check-in?

RobOnLI Mar 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by LAXOGG (Post 18180804)
Will passengers, who clear upgrades with instruments/miles before CPU windows, show up in the upgrade tab, or are they included in the "Booked" total or both.

For example, 2 weeks ago I apply a RPU to a reservation with R space available and clear into F. Two days before my flight, when I run the mobile app or pull up the website, will my name show in the upgrade data with a green check mark as cleared? Or will I just be included in the "Booked" total? Or will I be shown in the upgrade data with a check mark and included in the "Booked" total?

Also will there be any difference in how I will be displayed and accounted for in the "Booked" totals after I check-in?

Yes, you will appear in the cleared upgrade list.

Not sure why you're asking about the booked total. It is as it implies the booked total of the cabin regardless of how people got into the cabin (purchased it, CPU, SWU, etc.). The only number you'll affect at check-in is the number of "Checked in" for the cabin.

-RM

LAXOGG Mar 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 18181037)
Yes, you will appear in the cleared upgrade list.

Not sure why you're asking about the booked total. It is as it implies the booked total of the cabin regardless of how people got into the cabin (purchased it, CPU, SWU, etc.). The only number you'll affect at check-in is the number of "Checked in" for the cabin.

-RM

Thanks. The question related to "Booked" was whether it was limited to purchased F and immediate YBM upgrades. Thanks for clarifying (as I know understand it) that it includes purchased seats, all upgrades from instruments and cleared CPM at the point in time of observation.

kwildnj Apr 15, 2012 11:25 am

Number in Bottom Of Mobile Site - What is it?

While I am sure no one knows, but on the bottom of the mobile site, next to where it says Copyright United Airlines, Inc. There is an ever changing two digit number.

Just wondering what its purpose is.

GoAmtrak Apr 16, 2012 10:43 am

I noticed that, too. Not being a tech guy, my guess is that there are multiple servers and the number denotes which server is serving the particular page at that moment.

travel.flier Apr 17, 2012 10:51 am

Mobile ap check in

So I have the mobile ap - I log into my account and can see all my res'v etc. When I try to check in, it asks me for my conf #. I can't remember it of course. How come when I try to check in, it doesn't just automatically show my upcoming flights? Am I doing something wrong?

Critic Apr 17, 2012 10:58 am

Originally Posted by travel.flier (Post 18410084)
So I have the mobile ap - I log into my account and can see all my res'v etc. When I try to check in, it asks me for my conf #. I can't remember it of course. How come when I try to check in, it doesn't just automatically show my upcoming flights? Am I doing something wrong?

Did you double-check to make sure your reservation is tagged with your MP number?

As long as your reservation is tagged and you've logged into the mobile app, your reservations should be showing up on the home screen. At T-24, the words "CHECK IN NOW" should appear next to the reservation eligible for checkin - just tap the reservation, enter your password/PIN if prompted, and proceed with OLCI.

travel.flier Apr 17, 2012 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Critic (Post 18410124)
Did you double-check to make sure your reservation is tagged with your MP number?

As long as your reservation is tagged and you've logged into the mobile app, your reservations should be showing up on the home screen. At T-24, the words "CHECK IN NOW" should appear next to the reservation eligible for checkin - just tap the reservation, enter your password/PIN if prompted, and proceed with OLCI.

i'll try again next trip. i already checked in

yes, number is in there. it shows up in "reservations" on the mobile ap. just when i clikced the link at the top "check in" it comes w/another screen asking for the confirmation number or ff number (which i guess i could enter but seems silly since i'm already logged in and when you're running through an airport, with only 1 hand available, it's just more nuisance)