Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United mobile app changes/questions/issues post 3 March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United mobile app changes/questions/issues post 3 March

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizzy
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
If you are using the iOS app, you will delete a flight status alert in the same manner you would delete an email...slide your finger left to right and click delete.
Slightly embarrassed to admit I didn't know this..that's not how I delete my emails! Thanks!
LOL same here!!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:29 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
...I've never heard of anyone connecting at SEA for UA flights, nor have I ever seen a routing that connects at SEA - everything in the region connects at SFO.
I think you may want to do a little more research.... I've had three itins in the last year to PDX that indeed connected at SEA. As has been noted, sometimes that is a substantially cheaper routing.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Interesting couple of things I'm noticing now.

Earlier this evening, got a CPU for Sunday night. Great - so went on the app to select a seat. Res shows United Business (this is a Canada-US flight), and when I got to change seats, everything is greyed out. All economy seats (as expected, being in biz), but also all biz seats. Wondering if they had oversold C, but flight status shows seats open. Went online to pick a seat. Went back to the app to check again, and again, all seats greyed out (at least showing me in the new seat I picked), but the other 3 C seats that the website show as open, and flight status, are showing as greyed out when I try to change seats in the app. Interesting too, that flight staus indicators are also not showing up on my flights. Weird. Issues somewhere, I guess - but since the regular website is showing everything ok, I'm not too worried.

Something else I found out while looking the other day regarding flights where I'm on the waitlist. Requested upgrade on NRT-BKK-NRT portion of itinerary later this year using miles. When using the change seats function on the app (either confirmed Y or waitlisted segments), both show our seats (me and companion), and all other Y seats greyed out. But the available C seats are showing. Thought the first time I saw it, they had cleared, but then realized when checking the website that they are definitely still waitlisted, and the seat map for the confirmed segments on the regular web site are allowing me to choose Y seats. So something else weird, I think. Had considered seeing what would happen if I had actually selected the seats, and if they would stick.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Can anyone find or quote the section of SHARES that lists the downgrade compensation policy? I finally heard back from 1KVoice, but they refused the downgrade compensation and offered miles instead - which, if I remember correctly, is not the correct policy.

I want to have the proper reference when I respond.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Can anyone find or quote the section of SHARES that lists the downgrade compensation policy? I finally heard back from 1KVoice, but they refused the downgrade compensation and offered miles instead - which, if I remember correctly, is not the correct policy.

I want to have the proper reference when I respond.
try "GG OVS DOWNGRADE"
Searching the forum for this provides a number of references, such as http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19133724-post705.html
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thank you...I will give that a try and see how they respond. I don't think I'm asking for too much if that policy covers this type of situation.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Does the mobile/website u/g list show u/gs cleared before T-24?

I've got an international upgrade waitlisted with GPU, and have been watching the flight status page on .bomb and the iPhone app to see how many u/gs are showing as clearing. Prior to the day of departure, I am seeing virtually no cleared upgrades, and on day of departure or after departure, I see anywhere from none to just a handful, even on 777 flights that show heavy/full loads.

Compare this to domestic routes where the website shows a long list of upgraders, especially on 757 flights, etc.

So I'm wondering if for some reason the site and app are treating international flights differently than domestic, and *not* showing instrument upgrades that clear before day of departure on the "Cleared" list, and only showing upgrades that clear inside T-24 for some reason.... Or is UA really selling this many J/F seats?

I guess the best way to check this theory is to ask folks whose international u/gs have cleared in advance if they've seen themselves on the upgrade cleared lists online?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
....I guess the best way to check this theory is to ask folks whose international u/gs have cleared in advance if they've seen themselves on the upgrade cleared lists online?
not IME
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA

So I'm wondering if for some reason the site and app are treating international flights differently than domestic, and *not* showing instrument upgrades that clear before day of departure on the "Cleared" list, and only showing upgrades that clear inside T-24 for some reason.... Or is UA really selling this many J/F seats?
I have an upcoming flight OGG-LAX-ORD-LHR where I applied a GPU. All segments cleared at booking. I show up on the cleared upgrade list on both of the domestic segments but I not present on the cleared international upgrade list. (The cleared international list shows 0 upgrades). My conclusion.........International upgrades are treated differently and UA is not selling out the front of the plane.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, Alaska Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Confusing about United Mobile App waitlist

I liked to play with United Mobile App when I'm boring. Today I checked flight UA850 departing on Aug. 26, the United BusinessFirst Upgrade Waitlist says Capacity 40, Booked 29(+2 Blocked). What does this "+2 Blocked" means?

Also, I noticed that there are 3 guys simultaneously on the Economy Waitlist, BusinessFirst waitlist as well as the GlobalFirst wait list. What does that means? Are they employees?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Yes, the pax on the F/C/Y lists are employees that have listed for each cabin.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Blocked can mean a number of things. It can be anything from a broken seat (know in advanced, obviously), seats reserved for staff (eg, pilot rest), or even just seats reserved due to Economy being overbooked.

A flight I had on Thursday was showing as booked full in first, but with 5 seats blocked - most likely due to Economy being oversold (flight was full in all fare buckets). About 30 mins before departure they cleared the blocked seats, and the first 5 people on the upgrade list cleared.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:38 pm

Confusing about United Mobile App waitlist

Same thing happened to me. The blocked seats opened up
With 30 minutes left and top five on list got upgrade.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Something else I found out while looking the other day regarding flights where I'm on the waitlist. Requested upgrade on NRT-BKK-NRT portion of itinerary later this year using miles. When using the change seats function on the app (either confirmed Y or waitlisted segments), both show our seats (me and companion), and all other Y seats greyed out. But the available C seats are showing. Thought the first time I saw it, they had cleared, but then realized when checking the website that they are definitely still waitlisted, and the seat map for the confirmed segments on the regular web site are allowing me to choose Y seats. So something else weird, I think. Had considered seeing what would happen if I had actually selected the seats, and if they would stick.
I have noticed this also, but upon further investigation I realized that only flights with waitlisted upgrades (miles/instrument) show gray out. Flights that are not waitlisted show up with the correct open seats on the mobile app seat change function.

Last edited by USFdonWill; Aug 26, 2012 at 9:06 am
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
I have an upcoming flight OGG-LAX-ORD-LHR where I applied a GPU. All segments cleared at booking. I show up on the cleared upgrade list on both of the domestic segments but I not present on the cleared international upgrade list. (The cleared international list shows 0 upgrades). My conclusion.........International upgrades are treated differently and UA is not selling out the front of the plane.
Thanks for the intel -- love having the FT community come up with answers so quickly.

I guess I feel a little better about my chances of clearing off the waitlist knowing this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.