Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

looking for past reservation receipt....gotta pay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3.01MM, Global Entry, RCC LIFETIME (pd $2k in '90)), HH GOLD, Pan Am Clipper Club Lifetime

OK...am I reading this right?? I was looking for a past reservation and couldn't find a link but found this...........

per UA website:
To request a receipt 7 days after the last travel date, please request a past receipt.

To process receipt requests past seven days from the last travel date, there is a charge of $20 per receipt request per person

https://pss.united.com/web/en-US/app...eipt/past.aspx

Dang, I feel that I should keep a calculator with me at the airport now or UA should provide one at the ticket counters so we can calculate fees (they'll charge for that usage too).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I gotta say, that is a completely ridiculous charge.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
That is a ridiculous charge. Geeeeezzzzzz
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Angry

Big to SMI/J
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA G
Ugh, more garbage carried over from the PMCO systems.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
The charge (I believe waived for Plats previously) is for them to mail you a hardcopy of your receipt. You can view (and print) your old receipts for free. However looking at my own account, I see that while there were formerly records for a year old, now only since Dec 2011.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:50 pm
smn

You could always just challenge the charge on your CC and argue that you never made the charge. Then the airline will be forced to provide the receipt and you can say "oops, i forgot"
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
The charge (I believe waived for Plats previously) is for them to mail you a hardcopy of your receipt. You can view (and print) your old receipts for free. However looking at my own account, I see that while there were formerly records for a year old, now only since Dec 2011.
Per the web page: Your delivery options for receipts are web, e-mail, fax and postal mail. All receipts will be delivered via the same delivery option.

Sure doesn't sound like it's for hard copies to me.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Per the web page: Your delivery options for receipts are web, e-mail, fax and postal mail. All receipts will be delivered via the same delivery option.

You can pull up the itenerary (from the confirmation #, or from the past flights tab) and then click "View Receipt" for free
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:26 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
Originally Posted by anc-ord772

You can pull up the itenerary (from the confirmation #, or from the past flights tab) and then click "View Receipt" for free
That is if you can actually view your past flights . My last PMUA flight was Feb 28-29 and tis a good thing I keep copies if all my e-receipts as I have no past flights at all (according to COdbaUA that is) :TD:
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by lax2jfk2lax
OK...am I reading this right?? I was looking for a past reservation and couldn't find a link but found this...........

per UA website:
To request a receipt 7 days after the last travel date, please request a past receipt.

To process receipt requests past seven days from the last travel date, there is a charge of $20 per receipt request per person

https://pss.united.com/web/en-US/app...eipt/past.aspx

Dang, I feel that I should keep a calculator with me at the airport now or UA should provide one at the ticket counters so we can calculate fees (they'll charge for that usage too).
This is how CO has done it for many years. It is not surprise that COdbaUA would do the same. Another change we're going to like?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The continental.com Web site has said that for a long time, but I also have had no difficulty pulling up duplicate receipts for reservations that are several months old and still listed in 'past reservations' on continental.com.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Sigh. No charge for receipts - as they can be pulled from "past reservations". I do wish FTers would act more like the seasoned flyers they are versus the mindless "a change we don't like" mantra that I'm seeing.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Don't you have your e-mail confirmation?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Originally Posted by aacharya
Sigh. No charge for receipts - as they can be pulled from "past reservations". I do wish FTers would act more like the seasoned flyers they are versus the mindless "a change we don't like" mantra that I'm seeing.
Where is this "past reservation" link? I can't find it.

On the old UA website it was conspicuously placed on same page when viewing current reservations...

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.