Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anybody have EQMs post from purchases on the Chase MP Signature Visa this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody have EQMs post from purchases on the Chase MP Signature Visa this year?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus(ick)
I talked to CHASE about this a couple months ago.
They told me that the PQMs have to be manually screened and submitted to United. It can take 6-8 weeks after United.com purchases.
Sure enough, at the end of March, my January 399 PQMs were posted from Chase.

Since it's a manual handshake from CHASE to UA, I wouldn't be surprised UA is dropping the ball sometimes.
Old May 10, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Still no EQMs.

$5k in tickets purchased on the Signature card in mid-March.
Old May 10, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JBEagle1000G
They told me that the PQMs have to be manually screened and submitted to United. It can take 6-8 weeks after United.com purchases.

Since it's a manual handshake from CHASE to UA, I wouldn't be surprised UA is dropping the ball sometimes.
Ridiculous that this is a manual process. What century are they in?
Old May 10, 2012, 6:04 pm

I had 2378 PQM post with a "post date" of 2/29, though they showed up much later than that. I have no idea where that number came from, as no combination of tickets I purchased adds up to that. In any case, I figure I'm owed another 1079 PQM at the moment.
Old May 10, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
$35k spend EQMs just posted (5k eqm)

My $35k threshold 5k EQMs posted just a week or so ago, probably two weeks after hitting the threshold. Don't think I've seen EQMs hit yet for flights purchased with the credit card. I'll have to look into that.
Old May 10, 2012, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JBEagle1000G

Hmmm...wouldn't be surprised if this is a change post-3/3. I've been using my Plat card for ~7 years now, and like clockwork my ual.com EQMs have always posted the 26th of the month after the month of purchase. Doesn't feel like a formerly manual process to me.
Old May 10, 2012, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by eerickso
Update (or non-update, to be more accurate): None of my Chase PQMs have posted still, and I never received the response they said I'd be getting. I called again and was told they'd send another inquiry to UA.
Still nothing after two calls. No PQMs for UA purchases have posted for January - April. I sent a message to Chase tonight. Hope that will bring some results but I'm not holding my breath. I'm missing almost $4K miles.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
This is funny- when I log in to my Chase accounts there's a little link on the side saying "Chase is listening- what can we do better". I sent a quick message about the PQM posting problems and got a near immediate response apologizing and offering 2500 miles be posted to my UA account.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Peatisback
This is funny- when I log in to my Chase accounts there's a little link on the side saying "Chase is listening- what can we do better". I sent a quick message about the PQM posting problems and got a near immediate response apologizing and offering 2500 miles be posted to my UA account.
Wow I'll have to try this. I honestly think it is a UA issue because every time I call Chase they completely agree with me and indicate that they will send the EQM notifications to UA once again through their marketing department, but I have indeed been told about the manual reporting and entering of EQMs, which strangely never seemed to be an issue pre 3/3. I think it must be that it used to be automatic and something about SHARES doesn't allow it now. I know know I'm playing the blame everything on SHARES game, but frankly I'm sick of paying something like $95 a year for my Select Card and then not actually getting the benefits stated in my member agreement.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
My $35k threshold 5k EQMs posted just a week or so ago, probably two weeks after hitting the threshold. Don't think I've seen EQMs hit yet for flights purchased with the credit card. I'll have to look into that.
I was about to ask about this - usually I get these 5000 EQMs during the April statement (that is due in May), but I didn't get them this time. I also get confused about this, so I wanted to ask if the $35K spend is based on calendar Jan 1-Dec 31, or if it is based on when I first got the card. In 2010 & 2011, I received those 5000 EQMs during the April statement, even though I had surpassed the $35K spend around Feb/March those years. But for this year, I don't think I've actually yet hit the $35K spend.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by gaobest
I was about to ask about this - usually I get these 5000 EQMs during the April statement (that is due in May), but I didn't get them this time. I also get confused about this, so I wanted to ask if the $35K spend is based on calendar Jan 1-Dec 31, or if it is based on when I first got the card. In 2010 & 2011, I received those 5000 EQMs during the April statement, even though I had surpassed the $35K spend around Feb/March those years. But for this year, I don't think I've actually yet hit the $35K spend.
It is based on the calendar year. Hence the reason you haven't seen those miles yet. I mean, one of the reasons. I am still waiting for Feb miles to post although I did get the Jan miles back in Mar.
Old May 11, 2012, 4:35 am

Better luck than I so far! Here's what I got from the message I sent:

Thank you for taking the time to email us today.

I have forwarded your message to the appropriate
department for review and you should receive a response
within seven business days.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact the
number listed below and either myself, or one of my
colleagues will be able to assist you. For your
convenience, we are available to assist you 24 hours a
day.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

E-mail Customer Service Advisor
Then when I saw your post and sent a message via the 'We're listening' link I got a message back to my inbox that they'd respond within two days ...
Old May 11, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM
Be careful with 5k PQM bonus - vanishing PQMs

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
A very strange occurrence - I noted that I had received my 5000 PQM bonus for the $35k spend a few days ago, but my PQM total didn't seem correct (I track my miles on a separate spreadsheet). I checked back on both statements that I can see on the web, and the PQM starting balance for the 'since last statement' listing was mysteriously 5000 PQM's less than the ending balance from the previous 'last statement' listing. And the really weird part is that the PQM total was correct a few days ago, before the 5k PQM 'addition'. It seems that at the same time as the 5k PQM addition was made, the earlier totals became incorrect.

I spent close to 1.5 hours on the phone with MP, and they confirmed the error but couldn't explain how it might have occurred. They indicated that it had "been sent to HQ" and that I could expect resolution within 2-3 weeks.

So beware, and check your totals - seems that 'they giveth with one hand, and taketh away with the other !!!'
Old May 11, 2012, 1:30 pm

Where is this link? I can't find it anywhere on my accounts page. Do you have any accounts other than credit cards with them?
Old May 11, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1 MM
Originally Posted by gradsflyer
Wow I'll have to try this. I honestly think it is a UA issue because every time I call Chase they completely agree with me and indicate that they will send the EQM notifications to UA once again through their marketing department, but I have indeed been told about the manual reporting and entering of EQMs, which strangely never seemed to be an issue pre 3/3. I think it must be that it used to be automatic and something about SHARES doesn't allow it now. I know know I'm playing the blame everything on SHARES game, but frankly I'm sick of paying something like $95 a year for my Select Card and then not actually getting the benefits stated in my member agreement.
It has always been a manual process on Chase side so deposits were several weeks behind. However, who knows what SHARES will do with the entry so it would be good to hear if others are getting these PQMs, even if delayed by several weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.