Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

JFK/EWR to SFO - United First Class vs CO Business First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK/EWR to SFO - United First Class vs CO Business First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdjoe
Hi Guys,
I will be flying on the same JFK-SFO on PS F, then connecting to SAN on C. Both are award tickets and I have no status on United. Just want to clarify which lounges do I have access to in JFK and SFO. Thanks!
The United Club (and then the Int'l F Lounge at that) at JFK, but nothing at SFO, sorry
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:13 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
The United Club (and then the Int'l F Lounge at that) at JFK, but nothing at SFO, sorry
That's incorrect, he'll have access to the UC in SFO if he's on the same date & PNR with the F flight (and especially so that he's headed back out same day in C)
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Just did a quick search for SFO-EWR in April and May. Looks like they are deploying a lot of PMUA 752s (read: domestic F seats, not PMCO BF) on this run.

Long story short, seeing a transcon 752s from EWR doesn't necesarilly mean awesome seats!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by glx
That's incorrect, he'll have access to the UC in SFO if he's on the same date & PNR with the F flight (and especially so that he's headed back out same day in C)
The flight to SAN is on the same date and PNR. Thanks for the clarification!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
s owhere is this business first on the EWR-sfo route - im looking at june 9
only seat map i can see is doemstic first on 757-200
i usually go ps in C and always seat in row 9 window - withmileage upgrades, or regional upgrades - but since this merger nothing showing in R or RN whats the story? should i do a redemption in F on ex-CO aircraft? or just buy a Y fare liek i usualyy do and buy the upgrade online - this seems to be the way the new United is going - so all those miles will be useless
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by cbourl
s owhere is this business first on the EWR-sfo route - im looking at june 9
only seat map i can see is doemstic first on 757-200
i usually go ps in C and always seat in row 9 window - withmileage upgrades, or regional upgrades - but since this merger nothing showing in R or RN whats the story? should i do a redemption in F on ex-CO aircraft? or just buy a Y fare liek i usualyy do and buy the upgrade online - this seems to be the way the new United is going - so all those miles will be useless
You are right, there are no BF-equipped aircraft flying this route on June 9. The one 752 currently scheduled is apparently a PMUA 752 equipped with domestic FC.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
You are right, there are no BF-equipped aircraft flying this route on June 9. The one 752 currently scheduled is apparently a PMUA 752 equipped with domestic FC.
I fly this route a lot, and for a while it's been nice to fly the flat-bed configured planes. But manually searching KVS (meaning I definitely could be wrong), it looks like the last PMCO 752 on this route is flight 1562 on March 31. The PMUA 752 seems to start with UA592 on the same date...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Guys, CO F SFO-EWR will not be international product, will be domestic F. Complete waste of miles.
Unless they've changed this product since 3/3, it is an abbreviated version of the international product. They serve a choice typically of 2 international BF entrees, along with ice cream sundaes. I was on 2 legacy CO BF routes last week and they still had the legacy CO catering, was is light years ahead of UA's catering. I did fly UA PS in First 2 months ago from JFK-SFO, and I have to say, I wish I had chosen CO from EWR because the EWR option at that time had the lie-flat BF seats (757-200), and the superior (IMHO) catering.

The UA PS experience is not bad, to be sure, but to be honest, the thing I enjoyed most about the US PS experience was access to the First Class lounge at JFK. They had some of the best food and drinks I've ever seen in a US domestic lounge. It was light years ahead of the EWR Term C lounges.

Originally Posted by glx
I wonder if they'll let him into the International F lounge at SFO upon arrival. There is a secure walkway between the International Terminal and United's Terminal 3. It's not too far either.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 22, 2012 at 8:39 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mike_plat
I wonder if they'll let him into the International F lounge at SFO upon arrival. There is a secure walkway between the International Terminal and United's Terminal 3. It's not too far either.
at 1 time they allowed access into the RCC when arriving on a ps flight, a number of months ago they CXed that. So unless a person is connecting to an onward Intl flight no access to the UC upon arrival unless you are a UC member

Ive tried it at the SFO & LAX Clubs and was shot down, although sometimes LAX let me go in. SFO never allowed entrance unless your flight was SFO-JFK
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Stand corrected on there currently being one ex-CO 752 on the route right now (wasn't that way for last few years, all 73xs and 753s). Apart from that one now, and altogether when it disappears in the future, I stand by my statement that flying domestic F (to get a better meal?!?) vs. PS is moronic.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Stand corrected on there currently being one ex-CO 752 on the route right now (wasn't that way for last few years, all 73xs and 753s). Apart from that one now, and altogether when it disappears in the future, I stand by my statement that flying domestic F (to get a better meal?!?) vs. PS is moronic.
Especially because the preference for catering is subjective and the two catering products are really quite similar.

Personally, I would much rather sit in 54" seat pitch in UA PS J than in 38" domestic FC on a PMCO 738 (some of which still have no IFE).
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Especially because the preference for catering is subjective and the two catering products are really quite similar.
So similar, in fact, that they are actually the same. PS C and regular F on EWR-LAX/SFO are now catered identically. I haven't ridden p.s. F since the catering changes so I can't comment on that, but I believe there is an additional entree loaded and perhaps a cheese plate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.