Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Insider Posts/Responses to System Integration Issues [READ ONLY]

Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz

Here is a running log of communications for integration-related issues and UA's response.

This thread will be read-only; questions/discussions should take place in the active thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:13 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by jastr
That's consistent with what I've been told in the past -- phone agents could do same-day-changes, but not standby lists. Of course, OLCI can add you to standby lists, but only if it's working at the moments, and happens to show the flights you want. (I have no idea what the rules will be starting tomorrow).
Hi jastr, this is correct. Over the phone, we can help you with confirmed changes (including same day changes). But, getting added to the standby list must be done through the online check-in process or once you are at the airport.

Shannon
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by landrew
Searched and couldn't find thread on this. Have CO issued international tickets, am mid-itinerary, and am on waitlist for reward upgrade. Do I need to call in again (from India) to be sure I'm still on the list after today? Thanks.
Hi landrew, your waitlist should be fine, but, you can view your reservation on united.com after the system comes back up just to verify.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:43 am

united.com is open for business

Hi Everyone,

Our united.com transition is almost complete. Please feel free to start exploring, but, please note that updates to some features are still in progress.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by pigx5
Confirm!!

But my life time miles and redeemable miles have combined yet...

In addition, in the past travel, there is a reservation very strange ...
Flight: to Tak TH (TKT)??
Hi pigx5, you may continue to see things display oddly for a bit untill all of the supporting systems come up as well. We'll also be keeping track of a master list of issues here.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:05 am

Account balance update

Hi Everyone,

As a quick reminder, as we continue working through our integration process, MileagePlus account balances are not immediately showing as combined. For those of you who did not have a balance under your 8-character number, and only had a balance under you 11-digit number, your balance may be showing zero. If youre a Premier member, or if youve linked your accounts, your balance will be updated in the next 24 hours. In all other cases, the process of logging in will trigger the combining your balances and should be complete within a day or two.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:22 am

Seats and

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for sharing your experiences. There are two items we're looking into:
  1. Changed/missing seat assignments
  2. Unexpected itinerary modifications resulting in a need to have ticket reissued
If you run into either of these scenarios (or others), any details you'd like to share are appreciated. You’re welcome to post them here or send them to us via PM.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:01 am

Upgraded tickets displaying, A modification has been made . . . message

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that tickets upgraded with a Global Premier Upgrade, Regional Premier Upgrade or a Mileage Upgrade Award may initially display the message, “A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.” We’ll be running a process to synchronize these reservations automatically over the course of the next day, but, this process has not yet begun. Your flights will remain upgraded, but, in the new system, we need to take an additional step to match your reservation with your ticket (e.g. put it back in synch).

If your traveilng before this process runs, you won't be able to check in online, but, we'll be able to put your ticket back in synch and get you checked in at the airport.

This information has been added to the master thread in post #1 as well.

Shannon

Last edited by UA Insider; Mar 3, 2012 at 5:06 am Reason: added details
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by SiliconValley1k
Anybody know how (or if it is possible?) to look for NC and XC or NF or XF availability on the new website. The old pre-merger united.com way we did dummy bookings and set account profile to expert mode and looked at the flight details link. Thanks!
Hi SiliconValley1k, when searching for flights on united.com, you can view availability by selecting the Fare Class link when viewing the details for each flight.

Specifically, if youre looking for award travel or upgrade availability, here are the new fare classes:
  • R = Upgrade awards for and 2-cabin aircraft and BusinessFirst/United Business on 3-cabin aircraft
  • ON = Upgrade awards for Global First and United First on 3-cabin aircraft
  • X/XN = Saver Awards for United Economy (XN for Premier members)
  • I/IN = Saver Awards for United Business, BusinessFirst, United First on 2-cabin aircraft (IN for Premier Platinum and above)
  • O = Saver Awards for Global First and United First on 3-cabin aircraft
Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339
There is no indication whatsoever that the last leg of this flight has CPU waitlisted.
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I can no longer see which flights have "Upgrade Pending" for UDU/EUA/CPU outside my window. This was helpful to make sure that they would be eligible for those upgrades - this is a pretty big missing item (though I think it was expected).
Hi Pat89339 and bmvaughn, there is currently no indicator that shows upgrade pending for complimentary premier upgrades. If your MileagePlus number is in your reservation, the system will automatically begin processing your reservation when your complimentary upgrade window opens. If you havent been upgraded by the time you check in, you name will display on the upgrade standby list after you complete the check-in process.

Originally Posted by kaboom36
For those of us who did not receive Mileage plus card and need to travel today onward, is there a specific notification sent to partner airlines that there are maybe Mileage Plus members who may use "Printed Mileage Plus card" for lounge access? I am one of them. I will need to fly tomorrow from IAH to DXB via FRA. Thanks for any information
Hi kaboom36, you should be receiving your card very soon. If you dont receive it before you leave, my recommendation is to show the credential card you do have, along with the boarding pass for your flight which reflects your current status. I know that this is not what is normally accepted, but, others have reported having luck with this under the circumstances.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
Flaw #2 - The IVR asks for my 5 digit ZIP code after I speak my member number. Considering we only have 4 digit postal codes in Australia - that might be a problem! When I say my postal code - the IVR adds in a zero (i.e. 2089 ZERO) then tells me it is invalid. The the system will not get me to an agent - and when you finally break through...I think it dumps you in the general member queue as you have not validated! You HAVE to fix this IVR. This is a deal breaker for you high value customers overseas!!!
Originally Posted by rankourabu
IVR will be a problem for Canadian postal codes!
Hi GlobalSTL and rankourabu, Canadian postal codes were originally tested and passes, but, looks like we have some issues here. We are looking into this and the international postal code issue.

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I hope someone in UA is working on the encryption errors that a lot of people are seeing. It is preventing a lot of IE users from even logging in. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ion-issue.html
Hi cheltzel, thanks, we are actively reviewing this.

Shannon

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 4, 2012 at 6:57 am
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:03 am

Update: Upgraded tickets displaying, A modification has been made . . . message.

Hi Everyone,

I know that many of you are seeing this message. Here's the latest update. We're still researching this situation and have learned some more details. The systematic process to correct this issue may not work as planned. If you're traveling today or tomorrow, we recommend calling us to have your reservation updated. If you're traveling in the future we're still working on a resolution and will keep you posted.

This information has also been added to post 1 in the master thread.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:38 am

Not able to view all flight segments

Hi Everyone,

A few of you have reported not being able to view all of the flight segments in your reservation. Were actively researching this issue. If you are experiencing this issue, any specific examples you are able to PM us are appreciated.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by rch4u
UA Insider, please provide some guidance on what folks should do if they have waitlisted upgrades with inventory that does not make sense - e.g., ON waitlisted on a domestic two-cabin flight. Should we call and somehow alter the upgrade so that it's queued up for R instead of ON? I would be very upset to miss the upgrade because I was waitlisted for inventory that could never possibly exist.
Hi rch4u, as part of the transition some flights that were waitlisted for NF are now showing waitlisted for ON class on domestic two-cabin flights. For those of you with ON waitlists on 2-cabin aircraft, were working on this issue and, and no action is required on your part in the meantime. Some of you also have flights confirmed in ON class on 2-cabin aircraft these will remain intact and no action is required.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by EMAW
Thanks for all of the helpful information. I have a lifetime SilverWings Plus membership but note that the new site does not recognize "silverwings" as a valid code. How will those of us with lifetime memberships now access zone fares?
Hi EMAW, try giving SILVERWING a try (without the S).

Originally Posted by JettaTurbo
The website is still convinced that UA does not service Osaka Itami airport (ITM), although there is a code-share with ANA. It will suggest using ITM on the Nearby Airports pricing tool (from KIX or NGO), but if I click to check out the ITM-based fare, it invalidates the search, saying UA only serves KIX.
Hi JettaTurbo, thanks for reporting this. ITM has now been added.

Shannon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.