FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1319984-march-3rd-2012-system-integration-master-thread-pss.html)

UA Insider Mar 1, 2012 7:17 pm

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 18114732)
Hi Everyone, now that we’re on a single system, I’ve change this thread up a bit to better track the issues that are being reported along with the latest status (original information is archived at the bottom of this post). The specific examples many of you have sent to us via PM are appreciated.
Latest status
  • We’re still experiencing high call and email volumes. If you have called or emailed us recently, you’ve more than likely experienced delays in reaching us. We’re addressing these high volumes with a combination of system solutions and additional staffing. This is a top priority for us and we are steadily reducing wait times and email backlogs (updated 7:00a, March 31)
Master list

MileagePlus
  • Combined balances may not display right away. Accounts should now be displaying combined balances. If yours is not, and it’s been more than 48 hours since you’ve logged in, please send us a PM

• Status for Million Miler companions should now be updated. Those designated as Million Miler companions should now be showing correctly and new credentials, if applicable, are in process of being mailed out (updated 4:00p, March 24)

• Delayed redeposits for GPU/RPU and MUA. We’re experiencing delays in posting these back to accounts when refunds are requested or when a waitlisted segment does not clear and the award should be deposited automatically. We’re working through this volume with priority (updated 7:00a, March 31)

• Boarding groups. Some Premier members are receiving the wrong boarding group on their boarding pass. Specifically, this is happening when the customer is Premier member as well as a Chase card holder (Resolved)

• When to expect mileage to be posted. We’re still working through a backlog of missing mileage requests. It's worth noting that, going forward, when you take an eligible flight on United, the mileage credit and Premier qualifying activity should appear in your account approximately 72 hours after departure as a standard timeframe (updated 7:00a, March 31)

• Flight upgraded to ON. These flights are not posting miles or PQM/PQS class of service bonuses correctly. For flights going forward, we hope to have a fix in place soon. To correct postings for previous dates, we’ll be refreshing these calculations later in the week after the fix goes in (updated 7:00a, March 31)

• MileagePlus Contact Us form missing 1K. 1K is not listed as a status on the form and it fails when submitted by 1K members (Resolved)

• Star Alliance Upgrade Awards. The ability to redeem miles for upgrades on Star Alliance carriers will be unavailable for a few weeks. We expect this functionality to be available again in early April (updated 10:30p, March 24)
Upgrades
  • Complimentary Premier Upgrades (CPU). We’ve resolved several issues that were impacting processing here. We’re continuing to identify additional use cases, but, are starting to see a return to usual processing. For background, the situation discussed in more detail here has been one of the most common cases. Efforts behind correcting the issues that are resulting in the “A modification has been made to your itinerary . . .” message have been helpful. For example, if your itinerary looks okay, but, you are seeing R seats open and are inside the window for your upgrade, chances are there is someone on the list above you with a reservation in this state that is preventing it from moving forward. While we’ve corrected many situations that were causing this, we’re still looking at each example that we receive via PM (updated 10:30p, March 24)

• Regional Premier Upgrades not redeemable on p.s. flights. This issue has been identified (Resolved)

• Upgrade standby list not showing for some other regional carriers. This is not an error, but, now that we’re on a single system, adding information from our regional carriers on deck to be added
Booking
  • Mixed Cabin icon not displaying. The Mixed Cabin message that usually displays when one or more segments are only available in a lower cabin is not showing (Resolved)

• Silverwings. Silverwings fares do not appear to be displaying

• Electronic travel certificates. Certificates are now redeemable on united.com. One case worth noting - certificates still cannot be redeemed online when the total price of the ticket is less than the value of the certificate (Resolved)

• Flight search is not always showing *A partners. Please continue to send us any examples you find. Updates include - corrected reward pricing issues for LX, corrected pricing issues for South Asia, ZK codeshare back online.
    Worth noting: While not tied to our system migration, award travel on Ethiopian Airlines (ET) and Aer Lingus (EI) can now be booked on united.com. These two carriers were added just this week and brings the list of partner carriers to over 30 as we continue to expand our partner award shopping experience (updated 10:30p, March 24)
View Reservation
  • Sometimes not able to view all flight segments. A few of you have reported not being able to view all of the flight segments in your reservation. We’ve been identifying these and correcting these, but, if you experience this, please continue to PM us your examples (updated 6:40a, March 8)

• “A modification has been made . . .” message. Some tickets may display the message, “A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.” We’ve identified and corrected a majority of these, but, if you experience this, please continue to PM us your examples. (updated 7:45p, March 15)

• ON class, but, should be R Some waitlisted flights were migrated as ON class when they should be have been R. We’ve identified these reservations and have made corrections to these. If you see an example of this, please send us a PM (Resolved)

• Confirmed reservations listed in Refund section. This is happening when you have a confirmation number that was initially cancelled or refunded for one reason or another and then subsequently used later to book new flights. The system is reading the status of the first ticket and is displaying these under the “Refunded” section instead of the “Confirmed” section. We continue to look into this. But, there is no need to worry. We are just displaying it in the wrong section. (updated 6:40a, March 8)

• "Upgrade" link not always appearing when it should. When electronic certificates are used as part of the purchase the link to “Upgrade” is not always displaying when it should. We’re working to resolve this, along with identifying other cases when it is not appearing (added 1:30p, March 25)

Seats
  • Sporadic Seat Assignment Issues. Initially some seats were not transitioned as part of the initial migration. We’ve restored all seats where possible, but, there may be times when the originally assigned seat is no longer available. We recommend using united.com to confirm or change your seat assignments for any upcoming trips (updated 10:30p, March 9)

• Seat assignments on thru flights. Trouble assigning seats on thru flights
General / Misc
  • 128-bit encryption with a strong cipher SSL issue (Resolved)
  • Premier cards shown here are still from OnePass (Resolved)
  • “Transfer Miles to Friends or Family” function on "My Account" page redirects to "Donate to Charities" (Resolved)
  • Amtrak earning page still reflects Continental (In process of updating)
  • List of United Clubs on united.com is missing many clubs (Resolved)
  • Not able to rename itineraries on united.com
  • IVR not recognizing international postal codes
Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines

love_to_travel Mar 1, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks for the info. Good luck this weekend!

UA767400 Mar 1, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks Shannon! I hope there are no problems!

Also, looking forward to watching the final CO landing on March 3 which begins the new United Era!

belynch Mar 1, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks for helping the community out, Shannon.

Probably a simple question in the grand scheme of things but I'm flying Friday and Sunday with a companion. I've split the PNR to get one upgrade tomorrow and will attempt the second at the gate (hurrah the last time I have to play that game) -- assuming they aren't sold in advance as the system doesn't recognize there's an elite companion in the que, but that's besides the point.

What do I do on Sunday with the split reservation? How will it work under the UA system?

Also, I have a UA itinerary on Monday and a mixed metal on Wed of next week. I booked it using my OP number, but am I missing out on upgrade chances in advance by not having my 1k number in there, since the system is technically prioritizing me lower until March 3? Should I bother to call and get it switched?

Here's to hoping it's a smooth conversion for everyone. Best of luck to the entire UA team!

ETA: I'm apparently a glutton for :rolleyes:

cranky1K Mar 1, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks for the consolidated info, Shannon.

mikel51 Mar 1, 2012 7:27 pm

any tips on how I can get economy plus for my spouse who is flying Mar 9-12--before the MM status match kicks in....Ideally, I'd like to upgrade her award ticket as the GS status would allow....but would gladly settle to get her in E+ instead of the back of the plane....

belynch Mar 1, 2012 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by mikel51 (Post 18114790)
but would gladly settle to get her in E+ instead of the back of the plane....

Just call the GS/1k desk and ask them to move your spouse. Never had an issue with this before.

21A Mar 1, 2012 7:54 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.706 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

How will flights departing during the outage (e.g. CO 1122, SFO-IAH, 00:31) be handled? Is the hope to bring the system back up in time to process this departure?

UA767400 Mar 1, 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by 21A (Post 18114905)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.706 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

How will flights departing during the outage (e.g. CO 1122, SFO-IAH, 00:31) be handled? Is the hope to bring the system back up in time to process this departure?

From what I have learned the system will not be back up as that is 2am cst. UA are predicting it will take 3-4 hours starting at 1am cst. However I am interested to know how it will be handled. The first Co metal flight with the new UA code is the first flight from LAX-IAH Which departs at 00:30 pst. Flight 1158

glx Mar 1, 2012 8:00 pm

Just rolled into my email (flying EWR-GRU on Sunday)

Just rolled into my email:

We look forward to welcoming you aboard United for your flight this weekend.

Please note that on March 3, United and Continental will be integrating our reservations systems.

Below are some tips to ensure a smooth travel experience during this period:

- Online check-in will be available until 1am U.S. Central Time on March 3. At that point, there will be a scheduled system outage lasting approximately 3-4 hours, and we will be unable to serve you online or over the phone during that time.

- If you are unable to print your boarding pass in advance, or if you have bags to check, please allow extra time at the airport. Additional staff will be available at the airport to assist you.

- Effective March 3, all flights that were scheduled to operate as Continental Airlines (CO) will be operating as United Airlines (UA). Be sure to check united.com or monitors at the airport for correct terminal and gate information.

For more details, please visit us at unitedhub.com.

Thank you for your patience as we take this important step to deliver you a better travel experience.

21A Mar 1, 2012 8:01 pm

Also, will boarding passes for flights on 3/3 from before the conversion (e.g. PMUA OLCI) be honored, or will they need to be reprinted to scan into the new system?

UA767400 Mar 1, 2012 8:02 pm

Saw the same on the united hub

GBadger Mar 1, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks very much for the update. My biggest question/concern is outlined here -- namely that despite linking my accounts several weeks ago, the CO system (as well as the preview site) seem to have no clue about my 1K status. CO phone agents have to call UA to confirm that I indeed have status.

I'm hoping that the computer systems are just catching up and that all will be well after 3/3.

I have to say that having just made the switch from Delta, your involvement and willingness to interact and provide information has been a big selling point for me. UA/CO is lightyears ahead of DL in terms of how they relay news (good and bad) to their customers, as far as I can tell. Keep it up!

eagle92 Mar 1, 2012 8:22 pm

Good Luck this weekend!

Sulley Mar 1, 2012 8:47 pm

Let's do this thing!

Unitedbots, roll out :D