Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Cape Air GUM-SPN

Cape Air flights between Guam and Saipan have stopped posting completely in the last few months. A call to the Guam office revealed that these flights will no longer be credited automatically, and the only way to get credit is to provide copies of the tickets to the Guam ticket office...the online procedure will not work. Apparently Cape Air is only a CO partner, not a UA partner. Funny, since the planes have painted with the new Unite branding. To think that hundreds of passengers every day are not receiving credit...how many people will go to the trouble of providing hard copies of their tickets?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by redwoman
It's hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or sincere. I'm going with sarcastic, as things are really a mess right now with transferring everyone's miles. Some will find my lack of faith disturbing, i know. Yet I can't have faith given the mess that has unfolded. I cannot believe how badly this was screwed up. I really can't. At my job, I would have been fired if I had utterly failed like this and teed off so many people.

Magically between March 4 and March 6 I was downgraded from 1K to Plat, AND when my March 3 flight posted, because of the sudden (and wrong) status downgrade I only received the 75% RDM bonus for being Plat, not the 100% I really should have received for being 1K. i'M SURE that when the rest of the segments from my trip post, they will be short by 25% in RDMs as well and they'll have to get fixed too.

It clearly shows that I had over 100,000 EQMs transferred from PMUA (I never had an OP account) on Dec 31,2011, yet I'm Plat? And, the 2011 mileage Plus activity from airlines is a big fat 0? After all the communications emails i got in February telling me that my status for 2012 would be Premier 1K? Seriously?

I had 49,560 EQMs (PQMs now, I guess) on March 4 and 18 PQSs; now on March 6 I have 0 EQMs and due to one segment of my March 3 flight crediting, 19.5 PQSs but still 0 PQMs. At least I got my 1.5 PQS.

I really don't have faith that 1) my 1K status will be restored, 2) my extra 25% RDMs for my flight will show up, and 3) my 49,560 PQMs that I magically lost sometime between march 4 and march 6 will all come back in less than 48 hours.
I got the genuine feel from the post, but in any case, there's now a banner at the top of the page when you log into your account that states if you have lower status than what was originally displayed at the end of last year, that it is incorrect, etc., and that it will be fixed soon.

Here's a screen shot: http://awesomescreenshot.com/07214xm9d

Last edited by JCM9608; Mar 7, 2012 at 1:11 am Reason: Added a screen shot of what was described.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Where is their data centre ? Is it offshore and if so which country ?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
Originally Posted by redwoman
I really don't have faith that 1) my 1K status will be restored, 2) my extra 25% RDMs for my flight will show up, and 3) my 49,560 PQMs that I magically lost sometime between march 4 and march 6 will all come back in less than 48 hours.
change that 24 hours to two or three weeks, and i will put USD100 on the table.

[ not addressed to you personally ]

anyone who has not done a large scale computer system conversion has no idea of the complexity of what they are trying to do and should consider not whining.

i am a paying customer and i am quite happy that they seem to prioritize getting us pax on our flights and getting us to our destinations over seeing all the self-important people get their entitlements and some numbers on a frelling web page.

get a grip!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: AA PLT
Another victim of the "missing PQMs" here. 7 segments flown (all on UA metal); I should be closing in on Silver, but instead showing only ~1800 PQMs earned. I'll try to be patient until this is fixed.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Shannon. Don't know if this is some exception coding. Cannot search awards from hkg to bkk or kul or sin. If you search hkg to del it shows plenty of available sq flight to sin from hkg but will never show anything other than the ua flight if you search just hkg to sin. Doing any other Asian origin to sin yields flights. Seems some poor coding. This was working ex hkg on the old co site. Wondering if special case code to show ua hkg-sin flight is causing unintentional filtering.
I have posted about this a number of times and UA insider has yet to address it in any fashion.

It's actually more problematic than you think. The only city pairs in S Asia that give a response are SIN-HKG and SIN-SGN. Any other city pairs used will produce nothing in the form of 'united.com could not find any available flights for award travel meeting your requirements'.

Use a S Asia city and a N Asia/C Asia/Europe/N America etc and you will get a result.

It's a complete meltdown of S Asian cities.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura
Another victim of the "missing PQMs" here. 7 segments flown (all on UA metal); I should be closing in on Silver, but instead showing only ~1800 PQMs earned. I'll try to be patient until this is fixed.
As others have pointed out we need to remain patient. I have 18.5 segments and the site shows 0 EQM. It should show ~50 EQM.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cardinal98
Feature Request: After a caller has listened to the United hold messaging at least 5 loops, allow them to press * and enjoy the Gershwin in peace.

This will result in more calm customers once, after an hour or so, they reach the poor CSR.
^^^^^ The constant barrage of ads is offensive.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi username, UA Insider’s answer is, “simply not enough hours in the day.”

Shannon
It's good to see you still have a sense of humor!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Something I noticed that may be more on the LH side, but regardless...

I used the self check-in kiosk in HAM for an LH flight to CDG. The reservation did not include my MP number when originally made, so when I clicked to add it, the screen that popped up only allowed for entry of numbers. I was all ready to use my new MP number but it would not allow me.

I put in my old MP number and a day later the flight posted to my account. I did not get any bonus EQM for having status on UA but I don't think I am supposed to anyway on LH.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
I hadn't read this forum in some time so I'm comforted in knowing that others are having problems with their PQM/PQS totals for 2012. I'm also still having problems showing the correct GPU/RPU totals too. Hopefully these things will get ironed out in the next few days.

On the positive side, my flight segments from last weekend have already posted.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Miles from all flights on 3/3 finally posted, but no PQM's for any of the segments. In addition, only received 375 miles for SFO-SAN segment, even though I'm Premier Platinum and should have received the 500 mile minimum. However, I did receive 500 miles for a US segment from PHL-BWI, which is less than 100 miles. Not complaining, just reporting how screwed up things are now. In addition, I still haven't received my Platinum Premier card. WHAT A MESS!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:18 am

One used to be able to purchase United Club day passes on line for $39 versus the $50 at the door. I noticed that there is no longer a link to purchase day passes on-line at all. Is this a policy change, or was the link moved?

My appologies if this question was addressed elsewhere, but I did a search and could not find anything.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
One used to be able to purchase United Club day passes on line for $39 versus the $50 at the door. I noticed that there is no longer a link to purchase day passes on-line at all. Is this a policy change, or was the link moved?

My appologies if this question was addressed elsewhere, but I did a search and could not find anything.
No -- you can only purchase at the door for $50 now. This is why I purchased a few before 3/3. .
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: UA GS Virgin Gold
Global Services issue

I received a GS package the other week - this week on the site it says I am premier platinum and my miles are gone. I'm missing out on several upgrades this week as well. Can't get through to anyone on the GS line and no responses to emails. I've pretty much had it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.