Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Just arrived in SFO from HNL waiting for my next flight to ORD. Checked the iPhone app and new website, and looks like the new system is working all right at least for my immediate needs.

Maybe a bit too early to congratulate, but overall the transition looks smooth so far. SFO is pretty quiet now, no sign of troubles.
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
        Flaw #2 - The IVR asks for my 5 digit ZIP code after I speak my member number. Considering we only have 4 digit postal codes in Australia - that might be a problem! When I say my postal code - the IVR adds in a zero (i.e. 2089 ZERO) then tells me it is invalid. The the system will not get me to an agent - and when you finally break through...I think it dumps you in the general member queue as you have not validated! You HAVE to fix this IVR. This is a deal breaker for you high value customers overseas!!!
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
        When is the planned re-sweep of 2011 miles in PMCO going to take place? My lifetime totals are under-reported since there were late reporting credits from last year.

Apart from the issues identified in this thread, I have nothing new to add. Must say, please do take the time to de-clutter the website. It is awful with too many links and too many panels/banners all over the place.
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: UA GS
        Lost my seat assignment for tomorrows flight. No in undesirable bulkhead
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:46 am
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
        All front cabin incl A319/E170 to Canada now shows "United Business"

All itineraries with CR1s and waitlisted SWUs still have the modification to ticket message.
        Mileage not combined - EQMs for 2012 still not showing - but I guess thats coming later today.

IVR will be a problem for Canadian postal codes!
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:49 am

Lost my PN bucket upgrades for the next 2 days (Mar 4 and Mar 5), been on hold for Global Services for 20 minutes now ...

Now 40 minutes. Giving up and calling back I guess.

Last edited by sfcaFLYER; Mar 3, 2012 at 6:09 am
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:50 am
        Company Representative, United Airlines
        Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pat89339
        There is no indication whatsoever that the last leg of this flight has CPU waitlisted.
        Originally Posted by bmvaughn
        I can no longer see which flights have "Upgrade Pending" for UDU/EUA/CPU outside my window. This was helpful to make sure that they would be eligible for those upgrades - this is a pretty big missing item (though I think it was expected).
        Hi Pat89339 and bmvaughn, there is currently no indicator that shows “upgrade pending” for complimentary premier upgrades. If your MileagePlus number is in your reservation, the system will automatically begin processing your reservation when your complimentary upgrade window opens. If you haven’t been upgraded by the time you check in, you name will display on the upgrade standby list after you complete the check-in process.

Originally Posted by kaboom36
        For those of us who did not receive Mileage plus card and need to travel today onward, is there a specific notification sent to partner airlines that there are maybe Mileage Plus members who may use "Printed Mileage Plus card" for lounge access? I am one of them. I will need to fly tomorrow from IAH to DXB via FRA. Thanks for any information
        Hi kaboom36, you should be receiving your card very soon. If you don’t receive it before you leave, my recommendation is to show the credential card you do have, along with the boarding pass for your flight which reflects your current status. I know that this is not what is normally accepted, but, others have reported having luck with this under the circumstances.

Shannon
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:51 am
        Original Poster

Originally Posted by CP@YOW
        Shannon - 4 out of my 5 PMUA reservations have this message, but none involve confirmed upgrades. The first trip isn't for another month, so I'm not worrying about it now, but I hope it's not just upgraded reservations that are included in your automatic synch.
        Thanks CP@YPOW, if you could PM me with a sample confirmation we would like to research this further.

Shannon
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
        Gee after 3 calls to United USA in the past 3 hours for a botched up conversion of my ticket - on hold again and no one seems to know that upgrades put the msg about itinerary being changed msg into the new website
        loist my UDU from LAX-SFO apparently 1 hour 13 minutes is not enough connection time from my mel-lax flight to my lax-sfo flight was rebooked on a later flight with F0 NF0 bit disapponted now my seating assignment has disappeared (booked 2A from mel-syd and cant see my seat on SYD-LAX flight)
        I need some sleep - i just hope when i arrive in melbourne tomorrow i dont experience any more stress because of this system conversion
        I should at least have been offered a mileage compensation for loss of the UDU!
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
        I hope someone in UA is working on the encryption errors that a lot of people are seeing. It is preventing a lot of IE users from even logging in.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ion-issue.html
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
        Newark is understandably a zoo. Tensions don't seem to have boiled over yet, but it's early. My biggest complaint:

Bag drop for Premier Access wasn't open. Got my BP from a kiosk and just wanted to drop bags. Nope, had to wait in the 45 minute line for 1K/Plat. I really wish there could be something dedicated for 1K, even if it is half or a 1/3 of the EA area. Couldn't sky cap because it was INTL. A lot of people in the same situation as me in the line.
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: UA GS
        Now waiting for 45 minutes for GS to answer the phone
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:13 am
        Original Poster

Originally Posted by FromPVG
        Shannon:

A minor issue was found in my profile, my language preference was changed to Spanish after integration. It was set to English in both of my PMCO and PMUA profiles.
        Hi FromPVG, if you could PM me with your account number, we’d like to research this further.
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
        All UA miles gone, only CO miles are posted and no 2012 elite qualifying activity is shown
        Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
        A few more problems I will help consolidate from other threads + my own observations:

Star Alliance flights do not seem to appear when you go to purchase a ticket. I regularly book NZ/UA or SQ/UA tickets on united.com - so this will be a problem. Not sure if it is just that you have the links cut for the time being - and I have ensured that "United Airlines Flights ONly" is not checked (it use to be that you clicked include star-alliance flights).

A GS is complaining about long hold times - and I have experienced the same (gave up after 35 minutes on hold as a 1K). I assume this might be tied to the whole IVR only recognizing US zip codes and hence assuming and invalid ID and dropping the calls into the generic queue.

The system charging a 1K for baggage - but that one looks like the new MP number is not recognized as 1K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.