Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Gold, Avis First, Various hotel elites
Originally Posted by shyraddish
I logged in to change my reservation (which doesn't work on the new site) and noticed that I've been downgraded to Premier Platinum from 1K. I called them and they said there's a system glitch. Is anyone experiencing this problem? I converted to the new Mileage Plus # and this problem started!
Me too. I'm a proud new Plat. Who needed that 1K?

Of course, now I can actually fill out an online form for the MP service center since before it only recognized me as a 1K but didn't provide that option in the menu. I'll have to go try out my status.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Originally Posted by jtsaltman82
Wow... that plane has a spectacular number of exit doors! There's a gimmick no airline has tried yet. "All Exit Row Seating"
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: AK, DL,UA
Originally Posted by tdietterich
I did a flight search for the following multi-city trip:

PDX -> SYD 5/8/12
SYD -> CBR 5/13/12
CBR -> MEL 5/15/12
MEL -> PDX 5/18/12

Flight search came up empty, perhaps because the within-australia legs would be on a *A partner? The hilarious thing was the error message: "United does not offer service between Portland and Sydney..."
I had a similar problem a few days ago when trying to search for flights to EU cities... reported it on this thread several dozen pages ago.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by jtsaltman82
I'm trying to check in for UA 720 tomorrow, and this is the seat map that comes up (I originally had 9A). It doesn't match any seating plan I can find, and looks like several imaginary rows have been inserted between 14 and 20..which concerns me, given that I'm now in 18A

Since we are all premiers now, it's only fair that we all get exit row seating too!

And whoever is traveling EWR-LAX tomorrow...you may want to check your seat assignments. A few F and Y seats just opened up randomly - not too sure if it's due to cancelations or a bug, but there are about 5 F seats and 4 Y seats that just opened up, mostly in E+ and exit rows (maybe the system kicked out those people who have their status "downgraded"?)
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: various
Question for the Panelists

I've got a UA 20% off systemwide coupon which I'd wanted to use for an upcoming China-USA-China roundtrip in April. Stupidly, I neglected to make a reservation before this systems merger kicked in. Or maybe not so stupidly, based on the FUBAR situations I'm being entertained with on this thread.

The 20% coupon isn't being accepted by the system, and I'm not a UA pro nor do I have current status so should I:
1) Be optimistic and hold off a week expecting a Fix-It to be completed, and that reservations actually made will stick in the system without being sent to Electronic Purgatory?

2) Be pessimistic and just pick a different carrier for this trip and avoid the debacle entirely? (Coupon good until October, so hopefully the system problems will be fixed before then. )
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1.6 MM
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, but you have to call it in. It is not automatic.
Thanks for the reply. I called in and was placed on the "priority waitlist." It will be interesting to see the result when the CPU windows open up. Flight is currently showing F5 A3 R0.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k, BA silver, HH D
Just lost all EQMs

My balance transferred correctly over the weekend. Just logged in again today after a very quick trip and saw that my EQM balance is now 0. Anyone else have this problem?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Luckily it looks like I've been spared any of the nightmares the other posters are experiencing. My only issue with the new site is that it's ugly! Who's idea was the nasty yellow??
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:06 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Missing flight segment -- another bug

I am missing flight credit for one segment on my ticket.

I went to the "request credit" page where it asked for me to enter the ticket number. I copied that from the e-receipt and it said, "This ticket number cannot be verified" and hence it could not process my request.

There is clearly something wrong with this feature. Also, I don't have a printer here so when the last segment is complete today and the flight disappears, I won't have the ticket number any more. Oh, I'll write it down, but tend to lose little scraps of paper!

The flight was on Feb 29 -- maybe the new site doesn't know about leap years?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ILikeComfort
Just logged in again today after a very quick trip and saw that my EQM balance is now 0. Anyone else have this problem?
Haven't read the whole thread, but at least a few pages of it @:-)

Your problem has been reported multiple times.

EmailKid
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by RichardInSF

I went to the "request credit" page where it asked for me to enter the ticket number. I copied that from the e-receipt and it said, "This ticket number cannot be verified" and hence it could not process my request.

There is clearly something wrong with this feature. Also, I don't have a printer here so when the last segment is complete today and the flight disappears, I won't have the ticket number any more. Oh, I'll write it down, but tend to lose little scraps of paper!

Can you download PDF995 and print to that?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:20 pm

I have a multi-leg reward ticked booked and I'm wait listed for the direct flights. There was a schedule change to the direct flights. I'm asked to acknowledge the schedule change and when I click continue, it just brings up the same page again. Over and over and over, the page will not refresh to the next page. I would like to make changes to the flights. Any idea why this is happening?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RichardInSF

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to wait a while before you can use the 'request credit' feature - I don't think it's programmed to even try before 2 weeks or so have elapsed.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Anyone have anything credit from 3/5 on yet? This flight was upgraded in "ON" (incorrectly) so who knows what will happen...

Any updates at all on the PQM issue? They're still gone..
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jiejie
I've got a UA 20% off systemwide coupon which I'd wanted to use for an upcoming China-USA-China roundtrip in April. Stupidly, I neglected to make a reservation before this systems merger kicked in. Or maybe not so stupidly, based on the FUBAR situations I'm being entertained with on this thread.

The 20% coupon isn't being accepted by the system, and I'm not a UA pro nor do I have current status so should I:
1) Be optimistic and hold off a week expecting a Fix-It to be completed, and that reservations actually made will stick in the system without being sent to Electronic Purgatory?

2) Be pessimistic and just pick a different carrier for this trip and avoid the debacle entirely? (Coupon good until October, so hopefully the system problems will be fixed before then. )

I have two such coupons, but can't use it now.

UA Insider
said they are working on it.

I would hold off the purchase for now. Maybe they will fix it in few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.