Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

PQMs fixed upon logging out and relogging in. Thanks to United for resolving this!

Now post my
Flights from 3/5 onward and we're ready to roll!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by dfreeman02
Be careful -- I did this and the reservation was cancelled but no miles or money refunded.
The refunded miles have hit my account (took only a few hours). That's probably a good sign. The refund of the taxes haven't but I think that's normal.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:09 pm

there's movement! two new line items posted tonight:

2012 EQM conversion to PQM
2012 EQS conversion to PQS

things looks to be correct in my account up through march 1.

still nothing for flights this week.

and i'm curious to see what happens (or doesn't) for the segment where a late UA flight caused a misconnect and UA rebooked me on CX.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by Far From Home

and i'm curious to see what happens (or doesn't) for the segment where a late UA flight caused a misconnect and UA rebooked me on CX.
What dates did you
Fly this week?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:12 pm

FYI for MM companions traveling soon...

I called Premier CS and in the auto system, cited significant other's MP#, then asked for "Mileage Plus", then asked for "agent" and "agent queue". No wait, got Jeffrey, and he set things straight for me. I'm traveling on 3/11 and I told him my status was shown as approved after nominations in Oct/Nov. I explained we were both told in Jan that it would be effective 3/3 and that it has now been pushed back and we were concerned because we booked all these tickets for me to travel by myself and I didn't want to pay bag fees, etc. He put me on hold, clickity clack, and in 5 minutes, changed my status to reflect my significant other's for the MM companion sponsorship.

DONE deal!!! I'm so thrilled. So, if anyone is in the same boat, try that. HTH!!!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Far From Home

This appears to be true for me as well. Pre-merger UA EQM's now showing + flights from 2/29-3/1, but nothing post-merger.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Anybody else having problems using an e-cert on CO.com?

I keep getting "! The Offer Code for the eCertificate you are using is incorrect. Please re-enter. If the problem persists, contact the eCertificate issuer for assistance."
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:23 pm

System is trying to charge for E+ from HKG to SFO and SFO to HKG for a Premier Gold MM flyer. D:
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
RPU's double pulled are back

YMMV; Mine are back as of tonight.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
The refunded miles have hit my account (took only a few hours). That's probably a good sign. The refund of the taxes haven't but I think that's normal.
IME, sometimes it may take many days for the miles refunded.

Once, after a week, it still didn't show up. I had to call.

What a pain.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:31 pm

Programs: United MP
I am exhausted. Flight does not get ticketed with an error message stating that my credit card cannot be verified. Needless to say, bank states they did approve the transaction, but United never terminates the transaction. This is getting terribly annoying. We need to book flights, and just cannot figure out whether flights will be ticketed anyway, or what is going on.

Calling by phone does not seem to be an option, the one time I was lucky enough to talk to a human being was just told "sorry, I cannot do anything differently".

So anyone still running into this issue? How did you cope with it? Would be nice to know if UA can really not execute transactions with certain financial institutions, or whether their problem does not have anything to do with the cards ...

Switching to AA/DL is becoming very attractive but would still give UA a chance if they manage to get me a ticket ... Really I don't have all this time to spend on the phone...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by steve81zh
I am exhausted. Flight does not get ticketed with an error message stating that my credit card cannot be verified. Needless to say, bank states they did approve the transaction, but United never terminates the transaction. This is getting terribly annoying. We need to book flights, and just cannot figure out whether flights will be ticketed anyway, or what is going on.

Calling by phone does not seem to be an option, the one time I was lucky enough to talk to a human being was just told "sorry, I cannot do anything differently".

So anyone still running into this issue? How did you cope with it? Would be nice to know if UA can really not execute transactions with certain financial institutions, or whether their problem does not have anything to do with the cards ...

Switching to AA/DL is becoming very attractive but would still give UA a chance if they manage to get me a ticket ... Really I don't have all this time to spend on the phone...
What itinerary are you trying to ticket? I've booked about 3 itineraries on March 5 and didn't have any trouble at all but it was nothing fancy, just LAX to SFO with a UA credit card.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mendicantmonk
I'm pretty sure you're going to have to wait a while before you can use the 'request credit' feature - I don't think it's programmed to even try before 2 weeks or so have elapsed.
Thanks for the info!

I bought Z fare from SFO to Europe and back. One way, I upgraded to F. It is still in F. The other way I didn't upgrade -- my seat is gone and it says I have an economy class ticket! I can only select seats in coach!

To get this fixed, I am listening to recordings tell me how important my call is on the phone line (btw, as a 1K, the voice jail process is much, much worse than before, another confirmation of the correctness of my decision not to bother with 1k anymore). Unfortunately, reading some earlier comments, it looks like my attempt to call will not get answered within a reasonable time frame.

Hopefully this is a known bug, but the thread is too long to search back through it.

My initial experience with long haul paid F post March 3, a flight yesterday NRT-SFO, is that there is global services and everyone else is slum.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 9, 2012 at 2:41 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Need some help. Have been SWU-waitlisted for months on BKK-NRT-ORD for tomorrow (3/10) and now (within the 24-hour check-in period in BKK) the waitlisted segments have disappeared and there's no indication that I"m waitlisted. Does this usually happen with CO? Should I go ahead and check in? Thanks.
Originally Posted by edcho
Yes -- If I remember correctly, this happened to me during the HNL-EWR segment. You have to check-in to get waitlisted.
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to check in and got the error message "We are unable to complete the check-in process as a valid ticket coupon cannot be found. Please contact a United representative at 1-800-300-1547 for assistance." I've tried to call UA here in BKK but either get disconnected or the line is busy.
Originally Posted by edcho
Try using skype and call the 1-800 number?
Spent 40 minutes on the phone to the US on my dime, long story short, the last flight coupon somehow got dropped. Agent had to manually add the segment back. What's strange is my itinerary was correct, but sometime since March 1, the last segment dropped off the receipt. This is pretty worrisome.

I entered all the check-in/passport information and when it was time to print the boarding passes, the webpage stated that I need to complete check-in at an airport kiosk. What's the point of checking in online if you they won't let you?! What a frustrating mess...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I bought Z fare from SFO to Europe and back. One way, I upgraded to F. It is still in F. The other way I didn't upgrade -- my seat is gone and it says I have an economy class ticket! I can only select seats in coach!

To get this fixed, I am listening to recordings tell me how important my call is on the phone line (btw, as a 1K, the voice jail process is much, much worse than before, another confirmation of the correctness of my decision not to bother with 1k anymore). Unfortunately, reading some earlier comments, it looks like my attempt to call will not get answered within a reasonable time frame.

Hopefully this is a known bug, but the thread is too long to search back through it.

My initial experience with long haul paid F post March 3, a flight yesterday NRT-SFO, is that there is global services and everyone else is slum.
Richard, try calling from Skype - there is some regional routing BS on the UA call centers BTW: I just called 30 mins ago for an Intl segment issue to YVR and I got a live person in under 2 mins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.