FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   MileagePlus: Some reminders regarding the March 3 integration (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1317353-mileageplus-some-reminders-regarding-march-3-integration.html)

UA Insider Feb 23, 2012 1:28 pm

MileagePlus: Some reminders regarding the March 3 integration

Hi Everyone, I realize that many of you here are ready and prepared for the 2012 MileagePlus program benefits to begin on March 3rd. We’ve started mailing Premier status credentials for 2012 that you should be receiving soon. Also, starting today we’ll begin sending out an email with some final reminders and details. Here are a few of the highlights:
  1. If you don’t already have it, you’ll see your new MileagePlus account number. For those of you who have only a MileagePlus account, you’ll be able to retrieve your new number by logging in to view your personalized merger update page. Your new number will be valid for use starting March 3rd. Remember, if you already have a OnePass account number, it will become your MileagePlus account number.

2. Effective March 3, you’ll need to know your PIN when calling us to update account information or withdraw miles. Your PIN is not required for any online transactions or updates, though it can always be used as an alternative to your password when logging into your account.
    Worth noting: For security reasons, we can’t display your PIN on united.com. So, if you are a MileagePlus-only member who was assigned a PIN, you can simply go online to reset it and it will be emailed to you. You won’t need to know your current PIN to reset it, but, the key is to make sure you have a valid email address in your profile. If you already have a PIN and have forgotten it, this is also the best process to follow. If you have a OnePass account, that PIN will remain valid.
  3. Not all billing information will be carried forward. For those of you who have billing information stored in your united.com profile, this data will not be migrated to the new platform for security reasons. Just a heads up that you’ll have to re-enter it after March 3.

4. Some capabilities will not resume immediately. As part of our system conversion, the process to credit flights will be paused for a few days. And, the ability to redeem Star Alliance Upgrade Awards will be unavailable for a few weeks.
The personalized page has a lot of important information about password, website migration and our transition weekend. As always, thanks for your support and continued feedback.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines

luv2ctheworld Feb 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; T-Mobile G2 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Thanks for the update Shannon. It's nice to be kept informed.

scruffair Feb 23, 2012 2:02 pm

I just read about upgrades on my personalized page. It looks like the complementary upgrades will run like PMUA does up until check-in... and then it runs like PMCO. For instance a companion can be upgraded and stay on same PNR if space is available before check-in... but once you check-in if companion hasn't cleared then the PNR is split. Is this correct?

eagle92 Feb 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks Shannon.

So I have a question...I have a flight on March 5th returning March 7th. I'm a Premier Platinum in the new program (OnePass Platinum in the old program). I have a companion on the same reservation as me. I want to benefit from the ability to get upgraded at the same time under the new program, but not sure if I do a disservice to us by not splitting the reservations in advance. Or should I keep us both on the same reservation?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

For what it's worth these are Pre-Merger Continental Metal Flights.

pdx1M Feb 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks for the updates. I just looked at the personalized page for my wife and it still shows her with no status. When will the MM partner status begin to show. This has impact for day of departure upgrades even if we are traveling together as I understand things.

PDXTom Feb 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Million Miler Companion Benefit

Originally Posted by pdx1M (Post 18071503)
Thanks for the updates. I just looked at the personalized page for my wife and it still shows her with no status. When will the MM partner status begin to show. This has impact for day of departure upgrades even if we are traveling together as I understand things.

Same question here: indeed my wife lost her 2011 Premier status on her personalized page and does not have the MM Companion Premier Gold she should have under the new program.

This is a problem if you are booking flights on separate itineraries and thus cannot get E+ seating for the companion.

bagspacked Feb 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Did we ever hear which partner-earning policies will be adopted post March 3rd?

JayhawkCO Feb 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by bagspacked (Post 18071692)

Nope, nothing official, although some are concerned about what is currently on the preview site.

Chris

WineCountryUA Feb 23, 2012 6:54 pm

nothing official but this may be a strong hint
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nited-com.html
seems to be mostly good news -- although US flyers appear to be losing their 500 mile min

emcampbe Feb 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks for the update, UAInsider, though there is still some information that I have after reading your post, the email and my personalized page, as well as talking to MP on the phone.

1. For those of us with PMUA credit cards (I have the select), do we need to inform Chase of our new MP numbers, or will this be handled automatically by the system? I don't really care about the MP number on my physical card, just that my miles will be deposited per normal in mid-March.

2. I have pending mileage requests (filed online through United.com) for 4 seperate Turkish flights in early Feb, with the requests, obviously, for credit to my PMUA mileage plus number. March 3 is well within the 4 week period which was given for the miles to credit. Assuming the credit is not put in until after March 3, will these go to my account as they were supposed to?

Thanks.

WineCountryUA Feb 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 18072123)
1. For those of us with PMUA credit cards (I have the select), do we need to inform Chase of our new MP numbers, or will this be handled automatically by the system? I don't really care about the MP number on my physical card, just that my miles will be deposited per normal in mid-March. ...

I guess I'm not terrible concerned about this issue -- they have huge numbers of folks in this position and they made it clear old account numbers will feed into the new accounts

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 17472014)

Originally Posted by bmvaughn (Post 17467639)
How will this affect Mileage Plus Dining? And our Chase cards? And Mileage Plus Shopping? And all of the partner programs that are used to credit (e.g. hotel, car rental)?

Will we have to change how those are mapped? Or will UA continue to monitor our old UA numbers and credit to our OP number? (Maybe notifying us to change the mapping when they see credit to those accounts?)

Hi bmvaughn, until our systems are integrated, everything will continue to work as is does today. After that, we'll handle the mapping of account numbers for quite some time. For example, if a car company sends us your Mileage Plus number for a rental you’ve made, we’ll have this mapped to your new number for earning purposes. That said, you’ll be safe to change your number with any partners as well (but, only after our transition to a single system takes place).

Shannon

some good information on the OnePass / Expolere card in Credit cards and the 2012 MileagePlus Program

UA Insider Feb 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by scruffair (Post 18070245)
I just read about upgrades on my personalized page. It looks like the complementary upgrades will run like PMUA does up until check-in... and then it runs like PMCO. For instance a companion can be upgraded and stay on same PNR if space is available before check-in... but once you check-in if companion hasn't cleared then the PNR is split. Is this correct?

Hi scruffair, your interpretation regarding how companions will be handed for complimentary premier upgrades (CPU) is correct.

Originally Posted by eagle92 (Post 18071266)
So I have a question...I have a flight on March 5th returning March 7th. I'm a Premier Platinum in the new program (OnePass Platinum in the old program). I have a companion on the same reservation as me. I want to benefit from the ability to get upgraded at the same time under the new program, but not sure if I do a disservice to us by not splitting the reservations in advance. Or should I keep us both on the same reservation? Any input would be greatly appreciated. For what it's worth these are Pre-Merger Continental Metal Flights.

Hi eagle92, gosh, I can’t say that my advice will be very helpful. As a Platinum member traveling March 5th with a companion, you’re going to be in a situation that at days 5 and 4, you won’t be upgraded with your companion in the same reservation, so it would be better to split the reservation. At days 3, 2 and 1 the new process will apply your companion would be upgraded with you if in the same reservation. If it were me, I’d split to increase the change of getting upgraded at the 5 or 4 day mark and handle the companion separately.

Originally Posted by pdx1M (Post 18071503)

Hi pdx1M, I don’t have an exact date yet, but, Million Miler partner status will begin to reflect in mid-March. If you’re traveling before then and have any concerns I can help with, please feel free to PM me.

Hi bagspacked, a few details are still pending in this area, but, will be complete soon.

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 18072123)
Thanks for the update, UAInsider, though there is still some information that I have after reading your post, the email and my personalized page, as well as talking to MP on the phone.
1. For those of us with PMUA credit cards (I have the select), do we need to inform Chase of our new MP numbers, or will this be handled automatically by the system? I don't really care about the MP number on my physical card, just that my miles will be deposited per normal in mid-March.

2. I have pending mileage requests (filed online through United.com) for 4 seperate Turkish flights in early Feb, with the requests, obviously, for credit to my PMUA mileage plus number. March 3 is well within the 4 week period which was given for the miles to credit. Assuming the credit is not put in until after March 3, will these go to my account as they were supposed to?

Hi emcampbe, WineCountryUA beat me to answering these, but, has offered good advice. In short, miles will be posted to your new account in both scenarios.

Shannon

WineCountryUA Feb 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 18072657)
...WineCountryUA beat me to answering these, but, has offered good advice.....

Shannon

Just cut and pasted your earlier answer :D

bmvaughn Feb 24, 2012 1:29 am

Hi Shannon,
Is there a list of what partners we need to update on our own and what will be covered by Mileage Plus? I see conflicting info with what's posted upthread on the page:

After March 3, be sure to update your profiles with partners, travel managers and travel agencies — wherever your 11-digit MileagePlus number is stored
I understand travel managers and travel agencies, but partners? I can see where airline/car rental partners may need us to update, but is United managing updates for their partners such as MileagePlus Dining and Chase, or do we need to somehow manage that?

eagle92 Feb 24, 2012 5:36 am

Hi eagle92, gosh, I can’t say that my advice will be very helpful. As a Platinum member traveling March 5th with a companion, you’re going to be in a situation that at days 5 and 4, you won’t be upgraded with your companion in the same reservation, so it would be better to split the reservation. At days 3, 2 and 1 the new process will apply your companion would be upgraded with you if in the same reservation. If it were me, I’d split to increase the change of getting upgraded at the 5 or 4 day mark and handle the companion separately.
Thanks Shannon!