Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus: Some reminders regarding the March 3 integration

MileagePlus: Some reminders regarding the March 3 integration

Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:44 am
iwc

Originally Posted by FlyingProf
UAInsider -- I have long had accounts with both CO and UA ... when I first logged into the preview site, it had everything right -- new number (my old CO number) ... correct new lifetime miles (about 1.2 million) and correct redeemable miles (about 350K from UA and about 70K from CO) ...

BUt today, I go to the preview and it has correct new status (1K Prem) but shows ONLY my CO current redeemable miles and my current CO lifetime miles ...

Should I be concerned? Should I send an email to someone somewhere before the ax falls on March 3?

Thanks !
You are not the only one. Same here. All UA miles have been backed out.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Imagine The Frustration

I can only guess at what the masses of IT folks

are going through with this incredible smashup

It will likely take a week (if not much longer)

to gain some decent percentage of accuracy

I'm sure our miles aren't their top priority

Sure glad not to be flying this weekend
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM; AA EXP; SPG Plat
Thanks IWC ... I wondered about that. Maybe they had it sent to simple add UA to CO on March 3, so the having the combined number prematurely would lead to double-credit ...

Probably all have to hold our breath till the end of March for the dust to settle, but also probably a good idea to take screen-shots (and or print out) all current data on both sites for now.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:20 am
J-H

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP
Linking Onepass

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered, but I did a search and could not find the answer. I have an inactive CO account that can be reactivated, I did not link this account prior to 12/30/11 - can this account be linked to MP after March 3, and if so does anyone know if the lifetime EQMs will transfer?

Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
So I get the weekly email newsletter today from a travel agent I sometimes use and he says that I need to transfer my OP miles to my MP account before 3/3 - otherwise they disapper. I assume that he is wrong and they will transfer automoatically accross my linked accounts but thought I would check to be sure.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mander
So I get the weekly email newsletter today from a travel agent I sometimes use and he says that I need to transfer my OP miles to my MP account before 3/3 - otherwise they disapper. I assume that he is wrong and they will transfer automoatically accross my linked accounts but thought I would check to be sure.
You TA is very confused and very wrong.
OP will disappear but the miles will be transfered to your MP account (which is be using the old OP account number). And the miles from your old MP account will be transfered into this new MP account.
But making of copy of all account (MP & OP) info, just in case, is probably a good idea.

Originally Posted by J-H
Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered, but I did a search and could not find the answer. I have an inactive CO account that can be reactivated, I did not link this account prior to 12/30/11 - can this account be linked to MP after March 3, and if so does anyone know if the lifetime EQMs will transfer?

Thanks!
Yes the life time credit should be combined in.
check this link to see what the new UA is doing with your miles and lifetime credit.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 28, 2012 at 1:34 pm Reason: self merge
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You TA is very confused and very wrong.
OP will disappear but the miles will be transfered to your MP account (which is be using the old OP account number). And the miles from your old MP account will be transfered into this new MP account.
Thanks. Makes you wonder what other misinformation is out there among TAs as this guy is usually pretty good.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Travel Agents

I had 2 excellent agents for over 30 years

but have only used 1 for cruises these past 20 years

My greatest loss in those matters was when they

closed my CTO in Sarasota where there were 2

lovely ladies that took great personal care of me
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Appears to be no mention (that I could find) of March 3 / PSS /SHARES / .... in the March Hemispheres
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Appears to be no mention (that I could find) of March 3 / PSS /SHARES / .... in the March Hemispheres
Maybe they could have done a black & white issue (a la The Artist) to celebrate the new throwback systems
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Maybe they could have done a black & white issue (a la The Artist) to celebrate the new throwback systems
Well "The Artist" did win the most Oscars... I guess that is a future I would like to see happen.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
I guess Shannon/UAUnsider does not work over the weekend. I am anxious to find out how one can use the UA Ecert on or after 3/3 too.
lax2010,
Here is an excerpt from hub.united.com with respect to promo code or e-Cert, "Do you have a travel promotion or discount certificate? Below the boxes for selecting your travel times, you’ll see a box labeled Offer Code (optional), where you enter your promo code or electronic certificate number. The flight prices displayed on the next page reflect any applicable discounts. Note: We accept electronic certificates from both United and Continental."
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, cattle-class with many others
CO or UA account number for upgrade strategy, after March 3?

I haven't specifically seen this mentioned, so thought I would tap into the collective wisdom of the FlyerTalk community. I know up to this point, the rule of thumb to maximize complimentary upgrades on domestic flights has been to use the number (OP or MP) that corresponded to the *metal* of the flight in question.

After March 3.....this rule is dead and we should all just use our OP numbers for all flights? Is March 3 the effective date that we should make this switch?

(I'm flying on the 6th, thankfully missing by one day the "first Monday" that's bound to be great fun for all!)

Thanks.....!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by TallTexan
After March 3.....this rule is dead and we should all just use our OP numbers for all flights? Is March 3 the effective date that we should make this switch?

(I'm flying on the 6th, thankfully missing by one day the "first Monday" that's bound to be great fun for all!)

Thanks.....!
I'm out on the 5th but hopefully the system is back to normal by then.

I'm hoping that is wall be automatically handle as a part of the switchover but if not the new MP number ( aka the old OP) number should be the safest bet post switchover. Since I still hope to get UDU on UA metal at 100 hours, I have left my MP number in the reservation.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:49 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
How long is the wind-down period for people using our old UA numbers? I made a reservation w/ a rental car company in December using my UA no. instead of my CO no., and want to ensure that the rental is credited.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.