Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines and The 2012 (and 2013) Freddie Awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

United Mileage Plus did not make it to my selection this year due to 50% reduction for 1P
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
More than 20 of my friends and my family won't vote for United as well.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I formerly considered MP the best mileage program - it was for us.

The jury is now out and there's no way I would vote for UA.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:46 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I refused to vote for UA for the first time in years (ever since I've been voting). The only other domestic program I've credited flights to in the last year was DL, so I voted for them instead.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K
Not ranked #1 by me this time. They have to earn my vote back this year.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1k *G, AA Plat, Marriott Silver
Why even have them appear on ballot.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
I too did not vote for UA/CO for this years freddies. I mean will all the devaluations (including meals/1P/2P/SWU restrictions) why would any of us here vote for UA. With all the changes for FF programs, UA went downhill, WN went downhill(stinks if you book last minute), DL went downhill years ago...out the majors there is only one that is holding its ground for benefits (might be so they don't upset their base while emerging from BK)

I am voting for AA. Even though I left them 2 years ago, they have a really good FF program with 8 unrestriced SWUs....100% RDM bonus for plats and above. Golds still get exit row seating at checkin with 2 bags. They also don't give away status with a basic CC. Saver awards are easier to come by as well.

P.S. Also didn't want to give $misek anything to brag about during the safety briefing!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
The destruction of Hawaii BF lite on CO and the overall downgrading of meals kept both UA and CO out of contention for me this year.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: United MP Platinum+ / 1Million Miles+ and Flying Blue
Voting down United MP program this year

Hi;

I think there are a lot of complaints, many valid. But, I doubt any of it will do much good as long as United can increase (squeeze) money out of people.

So, I think the only effective way to get change, is to get the UA management in some hotter water. That could be done in a few ways, but one that should be relevant is losing that 8 year "best program" title.

If anyone knows where and how that is decided, please post it so I can log in my "no to UA MP" vote.

A guy that lived in the Soviet days told me a little saying once ---- "they pretend to pay us, so we pretend to work". Something like that seems fitting for a "loyalty program" that really does not care :~)

Last edited by pixmotion; Apr 15, 2012 at 2:39 pm Reason: typos
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I agree. This award rightfully belongs in AA's hands. Its time for the "we're the best" attitude on COdbaUA's part to take a trip back down to Reality
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by pixmotion
That could be done in a few ways, but one that should be relevant is losing that 8 year "best program" title.

If anyone knows where and how that is decided, please post it so I can log in my "no to UA MP" vote.
Could that be the Freddie Awards? Voting has ended there and the award ceremony is later this month.
http://vote.freddieawards.com/
http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/.../#post-1207738
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Oh good - already voted for AA on that page.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
Could that be the Freddie Awards? Voting has ended there and the award ceremony is later this month.
http://vote.freddieawards.com/
http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/.../#post-1207738
Voting was probably too early this year, so we'll have another year of Rah! Rah! as COdbaUA takes credit for the final year of MileagePlus.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:47 pm

Does anyone know what the voting period was? I know that I voted on that page after the merger
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Looking at the posts on Milepoint, I'd say Feb 14-March 31 or pretty close to those dates.

edited to add:

Found these related FT threads if you want to discuss the Freddies further here on FT:
On the UA forum from February:
The Freddie Awards
In OMNI:
Freddie awards to return in 2012

Last edited by tom911; Apr 15, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.