Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

I notice that I have money in the travel bank. What can that be used for? I have a vague memory of asking them before and it was nothing useful. I just booked a flight, did I miss an option to use it for that?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by travfar
I notice that I have money in the travel bank. What can that be used for? I have a vague memory of asking them before and it was nothing useful. I just booked a flight, did I miss an option to use it for that?
yes, when you book a flight, there is an option (above the credit card option) to use money from travelbank.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: CO Plat
This was a failed attempt by CO to establish a travel bank. The failure was in the CO that it charged for this "Privilege". It would it be great if CO would collect all unused certificates in this travel bank.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
from the new PSS site
The united.com Club (formerly called The Travel Club @ continental.com) is your ticket to exclusive savings. Your $25 annual membership fee gets you $5 back on every ticket you purchase at united.com. With so many ways to save time and money at united.com, you'll quickly find value in your membership.

The $5 credit will be added to your TravelBank after travel has been completed. These funds can then be used to purchase travel to anywhere United or United Express flies.
united.com Club terms and conditions
TravelBank Terms and Conditions
united.com Club frequently asked questions
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snod08
yes, when you book a flight, there is an option (above the credit card option) to use money from travelbank.
Man, missed it. Gonna call to see if I can retroactively apply.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nycboy
This was a failed attempt by CO to establish a travel bank. The failure was in the CO that it charged for this "Privilege". It would it be great if CO would collect all unused certificates in this travel bank.
If you book more than 5 one-way trips per year (not just for yourself, for anyone) then this is far from a failed attempt at anything. I've collected hundreds of dollars in this account - at $5 per ticket it adds up quickly. I've normally recovered the $25 annual fee sometime in mid January and I'm ahead after that.

Agree that it has the potential to be used for a lot more - looking forward to seeing what they do with it.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travfar
Man, missed it. Gonna call to see if I can retroactively apply.
If it's inside 24hrs just cancel and book again. Unlikely that they can alter the payment if the booking has already been ticketed.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
TravelBank ... alive or dead?

My TravelBank membership renewed automatically on 27 February, so I was charged $25 for this service for the next 12 months. It's a great deal as long as you book 6 tickets on continental.com

However with all the changes does this mean that I'll still be able to earn the $5 per ticket on the new site?

There's been absolutely no information posted about this program being discontinued, so I'd presume it is alive and well and will continue on the new united.com

Otherwise if United charged me $25 then this would have been quite bad form.

Any news?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
.... Any news?
alive if you beleive the pss site
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ravelbank.html
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
Is it available now or after the new site come up on march 3.

IS it worth to join
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by scorp
Is it available now or after the new site come up on march 3.

IS it worth to join
No idea yet what this will look like going forwards.

As for whether it's worth it - see my post above. If you book 5 tickets (one way counts, as does round trip) then you will break even. Anything above that will earn you $5 per ticket.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
What is the "Travel Bank"

Is see "Travel Bank" as a new item on my account. It has a zero balance. What is this?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Yfirst gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Plat.
its a club for a $25 fee you earn a $5.00 credit every time you book a ticket on Con.......er, United.com
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: United GS, MM
Basically free money (after 5 bookings). Adds up quick if you fly a lot.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH Oil & Energy Club
So let's say I book a ticket for my brother and I to fly to SFO from JFK, would I get $5 or $10?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.