Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:37 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I flew my first flight on AA yesterday and the pre TSA worked like a champ. Thanks for the help on getting me moved over from UA to AA.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
How do I make TSA preCheck actually WORK?

I'm a 1kMM on UA, and have been in Global Entry since very early in the program. I've been through ORD at least twice since precheck was started but haven't been able to get "in" to the system somehow, so I'm hoping someone here has info... I've heard all sorts of stuff about put a name in your profile, don't put a pass ID in your profile, etc.

Does anyone actually know what information I need to actually enter, and where, to get myself setup for precheck?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, Starwood Platinum
not sure how/why it works...i am about 8 for 10 now tho...its great as there is always a big line and no one in the pre check...hate not knowing it it will beep 3 times or not tho
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Let me know if you figure it out. I've tried middle names as on my GE card, and no middle names. I've tried with and without my pass ID. I've tried editing the name at the time of reservation, and after the reservation. I can't get three beeps. I did read somewhere that they're having a bunch of software issues with the system, so not sure if that's a factor or not.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I got 3 beeps the last time I was at ORD, but I was in the wrong line, apparently. Given that was my first time and I was using my mobile, should I print out my BP at a kiosk? From what I'm reading, it should have a code if I'm selected for precheck - is that correct? Or would I have to wait for the 3 beeps at the scanner regardless of what's on my BP? Hoping I get to experience precheck for the first time tomorrow morning!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I got 3 beeps the last time I was at ORD, but I was in the wrong line, apparently. Given that was my first time and I was using my mobile, should I print out my BP at a kiosk? From what I'm reading, it should have a code if I'm selected for precheck - is that correct? Or would I have to wait for the 3 beeps at the scanner regardless of what's on my BP? Hoping I get to experience precheck for the first time tomorrow morning!
You always have to wait for the three beeps. No code will appear on your BP. Your best option is to continue trying for PreCheck in the correct line. If your mobile BP gained you the three beeps, then you can continue using it. There is no need to visit a kiosk.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:26 pm

Finally got the three beeps

Flying out of Las Vegas today I finally received the three beep signal. Unfortunately, United has moved to terminal 3 and there was no pre-check line.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:08 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Johnson21710
Flying out of Las Vegas today I finally received the three beep signal. Unfortunately, United has moved to terminal 3 and there was no pre-check line.
I flew UA from LAS and there was a pre-TSA there. It was on far right side.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Johnson21710
Originally Posted by thepla
Please note that "JOHNSON21710" states that he flew out of THE NEW T-3 ---
It has been reported numerous times the there is NO PRE-Check at that terminal as of yet!!!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 14940674
You always have to wait for the three beeps. No code will appear on your BP. Your best option is to continue trying for PreCheck in the correct line. If your mobile BP gained you the three beeps, then you can continue using it. There is no need to visit a kiosk.
Thanks for the clarification. Went to the precheck line this morning and got my 3 beeps. I love me some precheck! It was awesome!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
No, in the AA forum, somebody found out that you can scan the barcode on the BP (it's a PDF417). If there is a three in a certain position, that'll give you LLL. A 0 in the spot will give CLR.
Have you gotten it to work on a UA BP?

IME the printed UA BPs (the PDF417s) decode to a shorter string that stops before the magic character [though that might be an issue with the app I'm using].

The mobile BPs (which seem to be Aztec, not PDF417) decode to include what looks like an encrypted string after the plain text part (with the pre-check being in the encrypted stuff).
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by thepla
Yeah..UA moved to T3 last week. You can still go to T1 with a UA BP if you have no checked luggage and use the PreCheck lane.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Now 9/9 on PreCheck (4/4 LAS, 4/4 IAH, 1/1 BOS). Couldn't believe SFO doesn't have a PreCheck line.

Originally Posted by LilAbner
Please note that "JOHNSON21710" states that he flew out of THE NEW T-3 ---
It has been reported numerous times the there is NO PRE-Check at that terminal as of yet!!!
... and no plans for one at this time, according to TSA.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by FortFun
Have you gotten it to work on a UA BP?

IME the printed UA BPs (the PDF417s) decode to a shorter string that stops before the magic character [though that might be an issue with the app I'm using].

The mobile BPs (which seem to be Aztec, not PDF417) decode to include what looks like an encrypted string after the plain text part (with the pre-check being in the encrypted stuff).
I used this website to decode the aztec barcode as found on a mobile BP.

Dan
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by gengar
Now 9/9 on PreCheck (4/4 LAS, 4/4 IAH, 1/1 BOS). Couldn't believe SFO doesn't have a PreCheck line.
... and no plans for one at this time, according to TSA.
SFO in some weird way not run as a standard TSA operation, its a contract operation that calls itself "Team SFO". Notice the uniforms and whatnot are not TSA standard.

So presumably that is why SFO will be among the last, if ever, to get TSA pre-check. Bummer for us locals.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 28, 2012 at 11:00 am Reason: OMNI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.