Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
No luck for DEN-SEA connecting to intl flight, as expected. However, I could still bypass the queues (same set-up as DCA, although there I was OK for pre-check because domestic segment with stopover). The queue was huge for both regular and elite passengers at DEN south checkpoint in early am. Only downside was that I was forced to go through MMwave scan.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by dan1431
DCA is 50/50 for me in general, but I always attributed that to being DCA with special rules because it is so close Washington, DC.

Dan
DCA is 100% for me on UA, US, and DL. Maybe it's because I have CBP Global Entry...?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:38 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
2/4 at EWR and 0/1 at CVG. No GE, etc.

Originally Posted by Hartmann
I was under the impression that if you had PreCheck on the outbound, you'd have it on the return. Is that not actually the case?
It is not. Last week I got PreCheck out of EWR, but not on the return from CVG (same ticket).
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by gnaget
No luck for DEN-SEA connecting to intl flight, as expected. However, I could still bypass the queues (same set-up as DCA, although there I was OK for pre-check because domestic segment with stopover). The queue was huge for both regular and elite passengers at DEN south checkpoint in early am. Only downside was that I was forced to go through MMwave scan.
You weren't "forced". You can always opt-out. @:-)

Originally Posted by flyer703
DCA is 100% for me on UA, US, and DL. Maybe it's because I have CBP Global Entry...?
Quite likely.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat
IAD Setup

Originally Posted by 14940674
Did it show LLL on the screen or illuminate a green light?
At IAD, there's actually two scanners. Before the entrance to the pre-check line, there's a contract employee who checks BPs on an older ("green led") scanner that generates the three beeps. The TSA agent has a newer-looking scanner (no beeps). I couldn't see what was on the screen.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
I'm 0/1 at EWR, but I saw a number of people get the 3 beeps. That said, MMW wasn't running at the C3 PA entrance, so everyone still got to use WTMD. (I, however, drew the short straw and got pinged for an ETD swab.)
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, CX Marco Polo Diamond, ICH Platinum Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Boston-Logan PreCheck

Is there a PreCheck line for UA in terminal C? The UA webpage seems to indicate that it is only available in Terminal A at this point.

Bob
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by flyer703
I have global entry as well, but DCA has just been iffy for me.

Dan
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
I read a post that said BOS Terminal C would have it by the end of the year.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: UA GS
Does 1K UA precheck work at T3 security at ORD?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I can't get UA.sux to save my suffix on the TSA traveller info on an upcoming domestic itin. Hopefully this CO IT glitch won't deprive me of precheck.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by jsl42
Yes it should work at any checkpoint that has PreCheck. At T3 PreCheck is at checkpoint #8 and your UA boarding pass will work there as long as you've been qualified.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
If the TSA checkpoint is PreCheck enabled, and if your BP is PreCheck-activated, then it doesn't matter where at the airport you go through security--you'll get the triple beep.

Of course, at some airports, the TSA agents may give you a quizzical look (or even worse, deny you access) if you try to go through security at a different terminal than your flight departs from, but at ORD, since they are all connected airside, I doubt this will be a problem.

If you are flying out on AA or another carrier, though, note that your UA PreCheck will have no effect, and you won't have a PreCheck-activated BP.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: UA GS
Thanks. I am with a friend who is flying AA so I have a plausible reason to be there.

I think I read, though, that if you use a 1K MP number on a US flight, and that your name is EXACTLY the same as in your 1K profile, that you will get precheck. Any truth to that?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Thanks. I am with a friend who is flying AA so I have a plausible reason to be there.

I think I read, though, that if you use a 1K MP number on a US flight, and that your name is EXACTLY the same as in your 1K profile, that you will get precheck. Any truth to that?
Is this what you read? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...flying-us.html

Best as I can tell, the plain-Jane UA PreCheck invitation doesn't work. However, if you take advantage of UA's offer to pay for a Global Entry interview and you get a Global Entry Pass ID number, you can then insert that in your US reservation and potentially get PreCheck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.