Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:46 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Got through TSA PreCheck for the first time. Used mobile BP at LAX, and it responded with 3 beeps. Alas, got the same 3 beeps earlier this month at SFO, but since they didn't have PreCheck setup, the number of beeps was irrelevant.

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Will it be available in the international terminal G end?
My guess is probably no, since the majority of travelers in the international terminal have an international itinerary, which is technically ineligible for PreCheck.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
First time through TSA - precheck at IAD and it took less than a minute (and some of that time was spent being amazed at all of the things that I did not have to do). Looking forward to becoming a regular with them.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Remember not to count on it for travel logistics..I've been denied precheck 3x this year as part of random screening, twice at DTW and once at ORD IIRC
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:43 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
As a data point, I will also add that while +1 and I are both PreCheck eligible, I was the only one who got the three beeps at ORD yesterday. We were both on the same United PNR and had both cleared PreCheck on the first and second legs of the same itinerary.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BOISJC744
Does anyone have info/rumors on BOS Terminal C?
I was last through BOS Term C on 9/13...I got the three beeps asked the TSA employee if there was a schedule. His answer was "by the end of the year."
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: United Platinum, American EXP
Originally Posted by 14940674
Did it show LLL on the screen or illuminate a green light?
There may have been a green light, but that might also have been the color of the scanning light. It wasn't ever red.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:02 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
As a data point, I will also add that while +1 and I are both PreCheck eligible, I was the only one who got the three beeps at ORD yesterday. We were both on the same United PNR and had both cleared PreCheck on the first and second legs of the same itinerary.
Do either of you have GE or Nexus?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:07 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We both have GE; I also have PreCheck access via MileagePlus.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by bdelancy
First time through TSA - precheck at IAD and it took less than a minute (and some of that time was spent being amazed at all of the things that I did not have to do). Looking forward to becoming a regular with them.
^^ Similar experience during my first time through at EWR.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Learned something new today.

Using the United mobile app, I checked in for my flight and had the beautiful '3' in my BP scan.

I then changed my seat, so the mobile BP was reissued. It had a '0' (oh no!)

I waited a few minutes and hit 'refresh' on the BP... The '3' came back!

I guess any change to the BP and it has to re-authorize with TSA ... Or something like that.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how AWESOME precheck is! I'm just a Lowly Gold (no nexus or GE) and I'm loving it ... Once I hit Plat (mid-November), I'll go get a GE card ... Just to help my precheck 'score'. (I'm a domestic road warrior ... No int'l for me.)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by octeckels
Our PreCheck failures have come when traveling on tickets purchased via a travel agency (credit card reward programs).
I have one client that I have to use thier travel agency to buy tickets instead of buying on United.com. The known traveler number is never included on those. I edit the traveler information and add it on United.com and then PreCheck works.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Learned something new today.

Using the United mobile app, I checked in for my flight and had the beautiful '3' in my BP scan.

I then changed my seat, so the mobile BP was reissued. It had a '0' (oh no!)

I waited a few minutes and hit 'refresh' on the BP... The '3' came back!

I guess any change to the BP and it has to re-authorize with TSA ... Or something like that.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how AWESOME precheck is! I'm just a Lowly Gold (no nexus or GE) and I'm loving it ... Once I hit Plat (mid-November), I'll go get a GE card ... Just to help my precheck 'score'. (I'm a domestic road warrior ... No int'l for me.)
Could you clarify where to look for this? I asked TSA if I can tell if my BP is prechecked, but they clammed up...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Good news: Got the 3 beeps/LLL at IAH today
Bad news: I was in Terminal E (which doesn't have pre-check). I wasn't familiar enough with IAH to try to go to Term C, though (but the slow line post-TDC would have probably made it worth it).

I haven't flown UA in over a year; saw this thread after booking an award ticket. Thanks, everyone- since it's worked at least once I can be confident my GOES info went in properly (and that the system's working).
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Success at ORD today. Second itinerary flown since I had my NEXUS interview--first itinerary had a 0 (which worried me that I was doing something wrong, even after editing my secure flight details), but I had a 3 on both outbound and return legs of this second itinerary (no PreCheck at JFK, though).

My second outbound (first BP with the 3) was one week after my NEXUS interview, so it seems to activate pretty quickly. My first itinerary was 6 days after the interview, so maybe there's a week's delay before TSA has access to the data?

Anyway, I'm a happy camper now.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Could you clarify where to look for this? I asked TSA if I can tell if my BP is prechecked, but they clammed up...
It's posted many times in this thread. Search for 'manatee' and/or 'neoreader'.

Posts #1029 and #1100 would be good places to start.

Also, I'm sure TSA would not be excited to learn that people are doing this, so probably mum's the word to those guys...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.