Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1k Million Miler
Originally Posted by exerda
I got an e-mail from DHS this morning hyping PreCheck for Global Entry and NEXUS holders, pointing out that all we have to do is make sure our airline has our pass ID # (which can be found on the GOES website) in the appropriate field on our reservation & FF profile ("contact your airline").

Now, if only the airports I fly through most often would roll PreCheck out... well, at least it's coming to IAD soon!
It's been operational at IAD since late Sept.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: UA-1K--1MM, SPG- Titanium, HH-Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle, Global Entry
1 for 2 at EWR.

When it worked for me, WOW what a breeze as nobody was there. Fantastic at the moment, when it works
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
LAS soon?

Went through IAH pre-check "line" on 10/3 - nobody in front of me. What a pleasure. I asked the TSA in the FC line in LAS on the way back a few days later (new T3) and he said they were told they will have Pre-check but don't know when.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by lindaiah
Went through IAH pre-check "line" on 10/3 - nobody in front of me. What a pleasure. I asked the TSA in the FC line in LAS on the way back a few days later (new T3) and he said they were told they will have Pre-check but don't know when.
Just go through T1 at LAS for PreCheck.

As I posted earlier in this thread, last time I asked at LAS, I was told there are currently no plans to put in PreCheck at T3. Maybe that plan has changed? Either way, there's still PreCheck at T1 so it's irrelevant if not checking bags - and even if so, there's a shuttle and PreCheck will probably still save time.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:56 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by n9536j
It's been operational at IAD since late Sept.
I think you mean DCA. IAD is still listed as "coming soon" on the PreCheck page on TSA.gov, and there's a big PreCheck booth upstairs near the security checkpoint escalators hyping how great it will be once they get it. Last I read, they were supposed to open at the end of September or early October, but it wasn't active yet on 10/6 when I went through IAD.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
I went through per-check at IAD on 10/6 and it was operational -- just behind the TSA kiosk hyping the program. No line, less than 60 seconds to air side.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I think you mean DCA. IAD is still listed as "coming soon" on the PreCheck page on TSA.gov, and there's a big PreCheck booth upstairs near the security checkpoint escalators hyping how great it will be once they get it. Last I read, they were supposed to open at the end of September or early October, but it wasn't active yet on 10/6 when I went through IAD.
The TSA website is incorrect. PreCheck opened on 9/25. It is located at the center of the Main Terminal on the Departures level.

Press Release:
TSA Pre✓ Begins at Washington Dulles International Airport
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674
The TSA website is incorrect. PreCheck opened on 9/25. It is located at the center of the Main Terminal on the Departures level.

Press Release:
TSA Pre✓™ Begins at Washington Dulles International Airport
Wouldn't be the first time they were wrong, though "last September" is certainly not correct, either. I don't know why on the 6th they (being the TSA at IAD) claimed they were "coming soon" still, but that was what I encountered at ~5:30am. Would explain why they seem more familiar with NEXUS at long last, though.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Wouldn't be the first time they were wrong, though "last September" is certainly not correct, either. I don't know why on the 6th they (being the TSA at IAD) claimed they were "coming soon" still, but that was what I encountered at ~5:30am. Would explain why they seem more familiar with NEXUS at long last, though.
Did the staff at the desk tell you that it was "coming soon"?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674
Did the staff at the desk tell you that it was "coming soon"?
AirServ did. I guess that is what goes with listening to the only people at IAD more clueless than the TSA...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I'm trying to figure out what the "magic" is for those of us who don't have any form of Trusted Traveler membership but were invited only based on UA elite status.
Checked in for a single flight itinerary tomorrow and once again no "3". This is so frustrating. I made sure the Pre-Check opt-in was checked and that my Secure Flight matched the name on my invitation (added the middle initial).

Wonder if it would help to somehow add the "Mr." title... Maybe after my middle initial, so it reads the same as how it does when you use the title on the reservation name.

(This is all under some likely-mistaken impression that the name that was on the invitation was somehow captured by TSA and they're trying to match the Secure Flight to that.)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:49 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Checked in for a single flight itinerary tomorrow and once again no "3". This is so frustrating. I made sure the Pre-Check opt-in was checked and that my Secure Flight matched the name on my invitation (added the middle initial).

Wonder if it would help to somehow add the "Mr." title... Maybe after my middle initial, so it reads the same as how it does when you use the title on the reservation name.

(This is all under some likely-mistaken impression that the name that was on the invitation was somehow captured by TSA and they're trying to match the Secure Flight to that.)
What invitation?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:12 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Ari
What invitation?
The e-mail I received wayyyyy back when United first announced the program.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just go to UA's website to apply...

Originally Posted by Ari
What invitation?
Never mind the invitation - Go here and sign into your MP account.

David
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:55 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The e-mail I received wayyyyy back when United first announced the program.
Getting an invitation doesn't necessarily mean you are eligible. Also, they may have changed the criteria between when you got the invitation and now. If the box is checked in your profile and it isn't working, chances are you are not eligible based on your travel history and you can only get it through Global Entry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.