Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Renovate ORD T2, Triple Size of United Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Renovate ORD T2, Triple Size of United Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Spent 8(!) hours at ORD on Wed waiting for a flight to YYZ - ended up going to all 3 terminals during the time, but that's a different story

This is now by far the nicest UC in the system. Low bar of course, but on par with some good LH SEN lounges (in terms of hard product) IMO.
Maybe-perhaps in terms of seats etc, but certainly not in terms of food and drink...
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:13 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Visited the club this past Wednesday. The club was crowded due to weather-related IRROP. I thought the decor was definitely more modern and functional, with power plugs available at most seating areas, along with the seating bar with a view of the tarmac. What was unfortunate was the even with the large number of crowd, they only had 1 bartender to fend off all the drinkers. The agents there did walk around and announce that the bar was closing at 9:30, but they will keep the club open until 10 because of all the flight delays.

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I agree with this. Function over form for me, and HKG former RCC now UC is a nice location.

That said, the T2 club certainly looks very nice, almost "hip". The men's room door took a second to discover!

But I hope i never need to see the T2 club ever again.
Here's a visual guide, in case you do visit the club again.

Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Well your *opinion* is "hardly" right then

See the part in my post about the hard product that I'm guessing you blew over. I've been to HKG UC a dozen times, nice and open, but this is a brand new club, with an actual design aesthetic.
Being a brand new club, there is absolutely no excuse for NOT being able to install full amenities.

I mean where are the showers ? Where are the soda fountains / fridge with can drinks ? A few years ago when ORD RCC at B17 remodeled, at least it put in not 1 but 2 soda fountains, why couldn't they do the same with this "brand new club" ?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Well your *opinion* is "hardly" right then

See the part in my post about the hard product that I'm guessing you blew over. I've been to HKG UC a dozen times, nice and open, but this is a brand new club, with an actual design aesthetic.
Being a brand new club, there is absolutely no excuse for NOT being able to install full amenities.

I mean where are the showers ? Where are the soda fountains / fridge with can drinks ? A few years ago when ORD RCC at B17 remodeled, at least it put in not 1 but 2 soda fountains, why couldn't they do the same with this "brand new club" ?
PMUA did B17 that is why

I am convinced SMI/J is purposely not putting out self serve to cut consumption. If he could put the carrots behind the bar I am sure he would

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.