Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by MrWilliamston
I was pondering that idea.. but how long does it for the bus to go from C to A? (and take me back later?)

What about the LH lounge? Do you think they'll let me in? (UA Gold, on UA TATL ticket this evening)

Thanks!
Yes they'll let you in the LH lounge, or the SAS lounge, both, since you're *G departing on a *A flight the same day.

I think you can transfer from the UA gates in A to B3 or from C71 to B3 but you'll have to walk out and take the air train, re-clear security, to catch your UAL departure.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I was pondering that idea.. but how long does it for the bus to go from C to A? (and take me back later?)

What about the LH lounge? Do you think they'll let me in? (UA Gold, on UA TATL ticket this evening)

Thanks!
Sorry, late reply.
Bus only takes 5-10 minutes each way. Maybe 15 if you just miss a departure.

Leave enough time to get back, but the United Club in A is by far the best UC option at EWR currently.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The only showers at EWR today are at the EWR-C3 club. My understanding is that those are ging away at the end of this week.
FYI, I can confirm that the showers are gone. The service desks have also been taken down and temporarily relocated to the front of the club. Got to use the showers right before decom this week. They were pretty decent.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:18 am

Yes, those shower rooms were great during lay-overs. Do you think that the Polaris Lounge will be created where the shower facilities were...as the PL is supposed to offer that amenity??
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Not sure if anybody has been here this week, but just walked in the C105 club... it's 1/2 or 1/3 the size it was, all walled off. Bar is now where the TV room extended to, buffet is where it was to the left of the TV room and where CS desk was. Place is packed. These renovations can't finish soon enough. I hope they're working 7 days a week to get them done.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by nevansm
Not sure if anybody has been here this week, but just walked in the C105 club... it's 1/2 or 1/3 the size it was, all walled off. Bar is now where the TV room extended to, buffet is where it was to the left of the TV room and where CS desk was. Place is packed. These renovations can't finish soon enough. I hope they're working 7 days a week to get them done.
Were the renovations still causing a lot of noise in the club? I was there late last month and couldn't stand the constant construction noise, so I left.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:22 am
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Current state of the "C105" club - the one just past C2 security is questionable at best. 1/2 of the club wiped out by construction... and this is a location that is routinely busy all day and overfilled during 4-7pm peak hours. All workstations gone except about five, and they border the construction are so no power!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Originally Posted by brodes
FYI, I can confirm that the showers are gone. The service desks have also been taken down and temporarily relocated to the front of the club. Got to use the showers right before decom this week. They were pretty decent.
I just booked a late Jan RDU-HKG roundtrip via ORD expecting the showers to be gone and Polaris to be late at EWR. I'm about to book the same itinerary for May and will probably do the same thing. The Polaris lounge at ORD is one of the best things UA has done lately.

I like the ex-CO seating in C better, but I do not want to fight for space at the clubs in EWR.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:44 pm

Is there a club by gate c105?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by toby182
Is there a club by gate c105?
No. You have one by the mid-C70s, one between C2 and C3 (apparently under construction now), and a temporary one by C124.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:42 am

Maybe the true mission of "Confidential" was simply to provide a respite from the horror of the EWR lounge construction period for those willing to fork over some extra $. I'm just going to consider it a "GFL for a fee" and steer clear of United lounges @ EWR for a while!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Maybe the true mission of "Confidential" was simply to provide a respite from the horror of the EWR lounge construction period for those willing to fork over some extra $. I'm just going to consider it a "GFL for a fee" and steer clear of United lounges @ EWR for a while!

what is there to protect me from the horrors of EWR?(the airport as a whole)?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
what is there to protect me from the horrors of EWR?(the airport as a whole)?
Don't fly on United?

David
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by Ted
Current state of the "C105" club - the one just past C2 security is questionable at best. 1/2 of the club wiped out by construction... and this is a location that is routinely busy all day and overfilled during 4-7pm peak hours. All workstations gone except about five, and they border the construction are so no power!
i was told that construction will be completed by August of 2018. Wasn'tvhe Panama Canal completed more swiftly than this?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
About one third of the C1 club by gate 75 has been closed off. It looks like they are starting construction of some sort in the section where the conference rooms, alternate emergency entrance and old business center were.
I was in and out of there couple of weeks ago during a short connection and saw the same. Back part of the club closed off. Crowded as usual.

Now that I think about it, the area that was closed off also included where the restrooms are. Are there even any available in that club now? The ones in the terminal are among the worst maintained of all the UA hubs, IMHO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.