Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO PLatinum - M fare - CO Flight Numbers - United Operated - Instant Upgrade?

Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Title kind of says it all but I am hopelessly confused. I am a CO Platinum - M fares can receive the instant upgrade (space vailable) at booking - I want to book a trip using the CO flight numbers, using my CO number, but the actual flights are operated by UA or Skywest -can I take advantage of the instant upgrade benefit in this scenario or does it have to be PMCO metal to apply ?Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Not until 3/3 unfortunately
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Title kind of says it all but I am hopelessly confused. I am a CO Platinum - M fares can receive the instant upgrade (space vailable) at booking - I want to book a trip using the CO flight numbers, using my CO number, but the actual flights are operated by UA or Skywest -can I take advantage of the instant upgrade benefit in this scenario or does it have to be PMCO metal to apply ?Thanks
No. It is very simple: Think of CO and UA as separate airlines until 3/2/12 and you will understand.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Sorry to say it but nope, no upgrades on UA operated flights even with a CO number. Try it for yourself. However, the difference in price between an M fare to LAX from CLE vs a Z fare (First class) is actually $200 less for the first class fare no matter what metal you take. So take your choice.

M fares have in general have been no bargain in any sense of the word since the merger began last year and prices on these fares skyrocketed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.