Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Active thread GPU Failure Report
Print Wikipost

GPU Failure Report [ARCHIVE]

Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
GPU Failure Report [ARCHIVE]

I hope this is the last time I have to post in this thread. May it be unused for all of 2012.

For easy reference here is the 2011 thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...re-2011-a.html

Last edited by schley; Dec 31, 2011 at 10:36 pm
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: Freelancer
January 7, 2012- UA891 LAX-NRT on a Y fare.

Booked on 4JAN. 24 Hours prior to departure the old 777 swapped to a new 777.

At the airport #2 on the upgrade list showing 6 seats available. Watched the seats available count down while no one on the upgrade list moved. Eventually only one person cleared leaving me #1 with C checked in full.

Buy Y, fly Y, boys
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Happy Hour
Watched the seats available count down while no one on the upgrade list moved. Eventually only one person cleared leaving me #1 with C checked in full.
How could the seat count go down without the U/G list moving up....isn't that contradictory?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 9, 2012 at 5:01 am Reason: fix html
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Montreal
Watched the seats available count down while no one on the upgrade list moved. Eventually only one person cleared leaving me #1 with C checked in full.
How could the seat count go down without the U/G list moving up....isn't that contradictory?
Passengers checking-in will decrease the number of available seats.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:08 pm
Suspended

January 7, 2012- UA891 LAX-NRT on a Y fare.

Booked on 4JAN. 24 Hours prior to departure the old 777 swapped to a new 777.

At the airport #2 on the upgrade list showing 6 seats available. Watched the seats available count down while no one on the upgrade list moved. Eventually only one person cleared leaving me #1 with C checked in full.

Buy Y, fly Y, boys
I can see Jeff wiith his feet up on his desk and the widest grin of his face and tapping himself on his back for a job well done
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:56 pm

Y=full fare plus SWU = failed upgrade? Hard to believe, makes me lose all confidence in the upgrade instrument for sure. Truly a lottery for sure.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT PLT, SPG PLT
January 4, 2012 UA881 ORD-NRT on W fare

Booked on 11/10. #6 on waiting list. Only 1 upgrade from Y->C cleared.

January 5, 2012 UA881 NRT-SIN on W fare.

C was oversold and they were looking for volunteers to downgrade from C->Y for $500!

I was also 0/2 on SIN-NRT-ORD in December. Maybe it's my bad luck, but C bookings between US and Asia seem to be doing quite well.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by GodErnst
January 4, 2012 UA881 ORD-NRT on W fare

Booked on 11/10. #6 on waiting list. Only 1 upgrade from Y->C cleared.

January 5, 2012 UA881 NRT-SIN on W fare.

C was oversold and they were looking for volunteers to downgrade from C->Y for $500!

I was also 0/2 on SIN-NRT-ORD in December. Maybe it's my bad luck, but C bookings between US and Asia seem to be doing quite well.
Nowadays, I only book upgradable fare that I know I have reasonable chance for success (ex. holiday, Christmas day, New Year day, Chinese New Year, all have relatively low business travelers.), NRT-SIN will become one of the most difficult one since the HKG-SIN went to 738. I would think is nearly impossible if you book "direct" flight 881/882 from ORD.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: QR platinum
First SWU failure

ORD-LHR Y --> NC failed on Jan 15 (UA 938).

Failed my first SWU of the year (and may it be the last). I got rerouted because of irrops on DEN-ORD-LHR (originally connecting in IAD) and rebooked in full Y. Flight was J0 but best option to avoid an overnight delay. I was second on the upgrade list for NC, after a global service according to the GA, and no seats available. I hope I will get a few bonus EQMs...
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Wed Jan 11 UA 881 NRT-SIN M Fare - Failed

Sat Jan 14 UA 882 SIN-NRT M Fare - Failed

Sat Jan 14 UA 876 NRT-SEA M Fare - Failed
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
PVG-ORD 1/14 Failure

M fare, 5 seats open all week, 24 hours showed 3F, 5C on seating chart. Was 1 for upgrade u until close to boarding time then slipped to 4 and none availability. I took screenshots using my iPhone of the progression, but it after this experience I am going to use the phone to book and have agent either find a fare to clear immediately NC=9 or forget it. My outbound cleared, so 50/50 better than zero, but I am suspicious buyUps are creeping into the equation.

I think the mobile app showing the UG list is a total waste of time right up until the gate does its adjustments for UG for cash and miles and any other shennanigans. I do trust the list on the boards right before boarding as they seem to reflect unsold C that Jeff could not pawn off for cheap.

I really hope no one is selling of NC inventory before clearing my M fare SWU. If I figure out this is happening I will need to reassess my loyalty, but so far I have not seen proof. I have started to ask passengers who take those last seats during the flights what they did to UG.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Jan 16, SNN-EWR-SFO: Q fare: Fail

Shannon - Newark - San Francisco:

UA SWU applied to CO flights for non-status member.

All classes sold out on both flights.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Do you all really think buy ups are after upgrade instruments?
Buy up trump all
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: Lawl COVID
Oh dear, I'm guessing my W-fare BKK-LAX return isn't looking so hot...can we talk about future failures in this thread?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
DXB-IAD J to NF fail January 13th (1k) (#2 on list)

GM M to NC on same flight, no chance either (#25 on list in last place)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.