Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by ua950heavy2006
BRU - IAD
777 - (new config)
Global First

Normally, I fly in C class, as I consider F on an international 3-classer a waste of money based on what I've heard over the years. But, I figured I would give F a try on Dec. 24 & treated myself to the Global First experience. I'll never do it again...

Am I being too critical here?? I mean, there are people paying up to 13k for F, and they don't even have comprable substitutes for the products they're advertising? ...
Certainly not. So you are saying UA in F BRU-IAD did not have either the current C champagne or the F champagne to offer you on this flight. I believe a complaint to UA is warranted, otherwise how else will any improvement occur?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Certainly not. So you are saying UA in F BRU-IAD did not have either the current C champagne or the F champagne to offer you on this flight. I believe a complaint to UA is warranted, otherwise how else will any improvement occur?
Actually, they had no champagne in F, and only the splits of Veuve du Vernay in C :-/
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:13 pm

"Why are you asking me? I didn't cook it."

That goes down in the "greatest hits album" of obnoxious comments from United cabin crew.

I thought I had a grumpy crew yesterday, but that particular comment is priceless. Backpfeifengesicht ("a face that needs to be slapped.")

I think some of these flight attendants hate life so passionately. Yes, it's a job I'd hate too. But they need to take an SSRI, see a therapist, and find a new career, preferably something that doesn't involve people.

All of the business class menus now say "chilled appetizer," so I'm guessing that nobody actually knows the contents. A savvy flight attendant would at least explore the appetizer before offering it to passengers... "It looks like we have..." It would be best if United included this information on the Galley Attendant Briefing Sheet (GABS), and maybe they do.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
SFO-NRT

SFO-NRT
December 2012
UA837
747-400
Seat: 15B (BusinessFirst)

Flight was end of December 2012, so it goes in this thread.

Menu

Wine Menu

Appetizer

Salad

Main - Beef

Skipped Cheese

Dessert - Sundae

Prior to Arrival - Cereal

Good flight overall, food has been improving steadily. Zen meals remain ever popular and under-catered, lots of people didn't get their Zen orders. Also, as for meal prioritization, FA asked everyone for their first and second choice, except for me, I was only asked my first choice. I assume FA was confident that I (and other 1K/GS) will be getting the first choice.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
This statement goes along way in the business world. Being a healthcare consulant trying and explain to hospital administrators that for staff to give good customer service, thier staff needs to know what good customer service is... Once staff see's what good customer service is, it becomes easier for them to know how to do it.

In regards to some of the comments that, maybe the UA FA's need to be trained better. I don't think that is case at all, but the FA need to care how they give the service. I use you tube for some of my presentation and show staff members how the FA's of SQ and CX go the "extra" mile for thier passenagers. I explain that they do it because the FA's want to, not that they HAVE to do it...
True to a point. I have worked in learning and education for about 15 years and know there are two areas to focus on, the "can I?" And the "Will I?". The former targets skill, the latter targets motivation.

I agree with the previous post in that these FAs have not been exposed to such high levels of service such as LH and SQ. I am sure many hear about it, but it doesn't become a reality and probably stays a mythical thing for them. My flight attendant friends have heard about my experiences with these other carriers and are certainly amazed and intrigued. But they are not the craggy ones that get to bid Shanghai flights.

Side note...This week on SQ in Business class, my first time on SQ, my jaw dropped when the flight attendant put my bag in the overhead bin. And then proceeded to use my name for the remainder of the flight. Last time that happened to me, it was when a UA flight attendant grabbed my bag without saying anything and threw my bag in the overhead bin. It was because I was in a bulkhead and had not yet gotten something out of it.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JC5280
I agree with the previous post in that these FAs have not been exposed to such high levels of service such as LH and SQ. I am sure many hear about it, but it doesn't become a reality and probably stays a mythical thing for them. My flight attendant friends have heard about my experiences with these other carriers and are certainly amazed and intrigued. But they are not the craggy ones that get to bid Shanghai flights.
I was back in San Diego for thanksgiving and while I was back there visiting my family, I spent time with my older brother, who worked for AA in SAN. He had some friends visiting, Sue, was a FA with AA for 41 years before retired. She and I had a great discussion on how horribly trained the FAs are today. When she start the FA's would address FC and J pax's by name, they remembered thier name and what they were drinking. They anticipated what the passenager needed, this is customer service, again, the FA's today need to learn this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.