Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
I'm sorry - what is CRB business class? Yes, no lie flat on this route. You can look at your itinerary and see the planes you will be one. Not sure what else you are asking.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by 6rugrats
I'm sorry - what is CRB business class?
My guess is Caribbean?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:45 pm

Thank you. Then there isn't a business class is there? It's just F and coach.

Edited to add - since this has now been moved to the "Let's Eat" thread, here's what you can expect on this flight:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...st/dining.aspx

Pretty much nothing special.

Last edited by 6rugrats; Aug 15, 2012 at 4:53 pm
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Meals in Businessfirst on United EWR to TLV

Greetings-

I am the first time poster, but a frequent reader. Thanks for tons of helpful information out here.

I will be flying in BusinessFirst on UA 84 from EWR to TLV on 777-200. I was wondering if anybody knows what the meals are on that flight? I do not eat shelfish etc, so trying to understand if I need to order a special meal or not.

Also, the other flight is UA 71, also BusinessFirst from AMS to EWR on 757-200. Any advise there?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your replies!!!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
The entire menu can be found on UA.com
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:25 pm

Thanks- can you please point to the link? I was trying to look it up and was unable to. Also called United and they said they do not have the menu...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Yulie
Thanks- can you please point to the link? I was trying to look it up and was unable to. Also called United and they said they do not have the menu...
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ss/dining.aspx

If you read through this thread, you will get a better idea of what food choices are, at least for this month.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Fra-ewr c/j 777-200

FRA-EWR
UA51
Departure: 11.30 (departed on time)
Aircraft: 777-200 lie-flat seats
Seat: 1E

PBD: Anything

Menu pg1

Menu pg2

Appetizer - Melon & Prosciutto and Shrimp with Chili Sauce

Salad

Main - Tenderloin of Beef (Very identical to the main in GF - see post #387)

Cheese - I only took the grapes and port

Dessert - Sundae

Prior to Arrival - Chicken Wrap (Also very identical to the snack in GF - see post #387)

Typical flight, though I noticed that FAs are very chatty in the galley, might select a different seat next time on the 777.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by 6rugrats
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ss/dining.aspx

If you read through this thread, you will get a better idea of what food choices are, at least for this month.
No actual menus on the website :-( Looked through the thread again, and you are right, while it does have the idea of offerings, those are mostly for EU and Asian routes. If anybody did fly the TLV route, would love to hear from you! A lot of common themes though in the menu choices. Thanks again!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
My PEK-SFO Flight in Global First had a filet that looked more like overcooked slop, also this is the only thing that was on the MENU that was on the plane:

no seasoning at all on this steak, potato pile, or tomato, good thing the au jus sauce was a bit salty

The omelet for breakfast had 'cheese' sauce that likely had 10 days worth of sodium, and I am not picky about salt content at all, but wow it was intense, in the worst way.

And tasteless 'cheese' soup, at least it wasn't the salt of breakfast:

this is pmUA caterer, and they really suck, yea that is a plastic spoon too!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: UA Plat *G/DL Plat/Marriott Ti/WoH Glob
Originally Posted by Yulie
No actual menus on the website :-( Looked through the thread again, and you are right, while it does have the idea of offerings, those are mostly for EU and Asian routes. If anybody did fly the TLV route, would love to hear from you! A lot of common themes though in the menu choices. Thanks again!
Yulie- I know that the DXB route always offers Halal options, so if you're worried about the availability of kosher items, Id venture to say that there shouldn't be an issue.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:39 am

UA Mealtime ORD to MUC

Taking business class ORD to MUC departing 6 pm on UA. Trying to plan eating and sleeping times. What time will they start dinner service?

Thanks, cb
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by cbredt
Taking business class ORD to MUC departing 6 pm on UA. Trying to plan eating and sleeping times. What time will they start dinner
Likely 30-60 minutes after takeoff.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
They'll start a drinks service as soon as they're released to move about the cabin, and dinner service will begin shortly therafter. I'd say you'll probably be eating about 60 minutes after takeoff. The whole meal, including dessert/drinks at the end is probably about an hour.

They they'll leave you alone until shortly before landing, where they'll come through with a breakfast. A GOOD crew will ask you at some point after boarding whether or not you wish to be awakened for breakfast. In my experience, the breakfast itself isn't worth the effort or calories but the coffee is welcome, at least until they started serving poo-brew.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by milepig
A GOOD crew will ask you at some point after boarding whether or not you wish to be awakened for breakfast.
I've stopped banking on that for any airline and simply inform the crew at the end of dinner to not wake me until landing. Way easier than hoping they do it or guess correctly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.