Wiki Posts
Search

Question about getting proper EQM

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen UA Premier Silver and one-time 1K, AA EXP, DL steerage
Question about getting proper EQM

I recently booked on UA.bomb an LAX-LHR flight. I added my OnePass # where requested but was correctly logged in as a Mileage Plus 1P when I made the ticket purchase. However, all mileage and EQM was posted to my One Pass account. I logged into CO's website and transferred the miles back to my MP account...but lost the EQM in the process. Called UA and was told that they will fix this in the new year. Problem is, this flight makes-or-breaks my getting 1K status. Did I just get screwed? Why did they post to COOP instead of UAMP in the first place?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
You didn't "lose" the EQM. It's just residing in the CO program and it's "combined" behind the scenes. I hit 1K again in October with about 6k miles on my CO and got my SWUs deposited shortly thereafter.

The mistake was entering your OP number anywhere at all if you only intended on having things show up in your MP account.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks, bluehen! So just to clarify, the miles transferred back to my Mileage Plus account but the "status qualification" did not. I should just sit tight until January?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Because your accounts are linked they are calculating the combined EQMs in the background. No need to worry at all.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Yay! Thanks....
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:12 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by I Prefer the Red Eye
Yay! Thanks....
To clarify one point: when you look at your EQM on your OP account, you see the ones you earned on those flights, right?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ssh
To clarify one point: when you look at your EQM on your OP account, you see the ones you earned on those flights, right?
That's exactly what I was going to ask. If OP says no, then this is a whole different situation.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ssh
Seem like it:
Originally Posted by I Prefer the Red Eye
...However, all mileage and EQM was posted to my One Pass account. ...
Old Dec 21, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: AS Emerald; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum
Continuing on from this post...I have EQM in both OP and MP and yes, I keep a spreadsheet of my miles. Am I correct that at year end these 2 sets of EQM will be added together to make 1K. I'll get there if I can get them to credit my Colgan flights, I have asked and asked and they still have not appeared from Nov 1st...guess I have to sit on the phone for a while...and ask a real person why not
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhiltz
Continuing on from this post...I have EQM in both OP and MP and yes, I keep a spreadsheet of my miles. Am I correct that at year end these 2 sets of EQM will be added together to make 1K. I'll get there if I can get them to credit my Colgan flights, I have asked and asked and they still have not appeared from Nov 1st...guess I have to sit on the phone for a while...and ask a real person why not
The EQM's are being added together now. If you were to pass 100K total today by adding the 2 together you would be a 1K today.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: QR platinum
The EQMs of linked accounts are combined together behind the scenes. Posting of new SWUs is a sign that you made 1k.

I was is a similar situation: 99.5k EQMs on UA MP and 3k EQMs on CO OP. I got the new SWUs five days after passing the 100k total EQMs.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
So I'm starting to get a little nervous...

1. ~3000 eqms were just posted to my united FF account. Despite them being booked on CO, Flown CO metal, and using CO FF#.

2. Tried to Transfer 9,000 EQMs on CO website. Other threads have indicated Flex EQMs could be used to hit 1K this year only (but not next year). It errored out with the following:

"The OnePass number you entered has already qualified for Platinum Elite status. Your Flex Elite Qualification Miles do not expire and may be used to attain Elite status in the future."

Those 3K eqms and 9K flex EQMs are what I need to hit 1K.

One Pass Service center not open until Monday.
Anyone else have these issues?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 7:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by davemflyer
So I'm starting to get a little nervous...

1. ~3000 eqms were just posted to my united FF account. Despite them being booked on CO, Flown CO metal, and using CO FF#.

2. Tried to Transfer 9,000 EQMs on CO website. Other threads have indicated Flex EQMs could be used to hit 1K this year only (but not next year). It errored out with the following:

"The OnePass number you entered has already qualified for Platinum Elite status. Your Flex Elite Qualification Miles do not expire and may be used to attain Elite status in the future."

Those 3K eqms and 9K flex EQMs are what I need to hit 1K.

One Pass Service center not open until Monday.
Anyone else have these issues?
Don't worry about the 3,000 EQMs posted to MP -- the combined total of OP and MP will be used to determine status -- does not matter where they are posted.

As for the FEQMS, many have had the probelm and you need to call to get that done
Old Dec 25, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
For those worrying about the miles posted in one account instead of the other, note it might be better to hear it in this simple way: While you can transfer RDMs between linked accounts as much as you want, EQMs post and stay within the program they were earned.

Then, linked accounts, in the background, have a process by where they are totaled, for status purposes.

For example, I only earn in UA's program. When I hit 60 segments, and it showed up in my MP account around 12/13, it noted me as Prem. Exec. My CO account was still showing me as a "silver" at that time, and finally showed me as gold (with 0 miles and 0 segments) sometime last week (I think either Tuesday/Wednesday, so 12/20 or 21).

When the programs merge at the end of Q1, what is supposed to happen is all RDMs and EQMs should be combined, so you should then have 1 total.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baze
The EQM's are being added together now. If you were to pass 100K total today by adding the 2 together you would be a 1K today.
OP here. Yes, CO shows my "Elite Qualifying Miles" for the UA.bomb-booked flights in question. But another problem, I never received double (non-EQM) miles for being UA 1P. Not sure what's up with that.

When I log into UA.bomb it says I am 7k miles short of being 1K (not true since the EQM posted to my OnePass account). But my account is listed as a 1K account. Yet a boarding pass I received for a flight yesterday still listed me as 1P.

So...I'm totally confused. Will I have potentially have to wait as long as til end of Q1 to officially show up as a 1K with the six SWUs that includes? Hope not, since I have at least two long flights planned between now and then.

Last edited by I Prefer the Red Eye; Dec 29, 2011 at 5:18 pm Reason: fix type-o

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.