Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Premier (fka Systemwide) Upgrades on Lufthansa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Premier (fka Systemwide) Upgrades on Lufthansa?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:36 am
BDA

Programs: UA 1K
Nice experience with the Lufthansa SWU

Hi,

Currently on my way MUC-EWR, wifi and all, and can only say that my upgrade experience was very good.

Followed the advise from the board and had the agent at my origin HEL, write a message to MUC gate staff. Arrive there 25 min before departure and they were waiting for me and my coupon.

Haven't been on LH in a while and although i do prefer the UA(CO) lie flats, the service here is very pretty good

BDA
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Yes. Nothing has changed. You still need to request the paper certificate upgrades from the MP service center.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
J-D and Y-V are upgradable with paper GPUs, additionally M&M members can upgrade W & S. Anything else is systematically blocked in the DCS that LH uses.
I have a few questions related to this.

I'm also a FLT with M&M right now (thanks to soft landing + two-year status) and thinking of using UA GPUs to upgrade Y->C on LH. My questions are:
  • Can I use paper GPUs to upgrade from W/S fare even if the cert says otherwise?
  • If so, should I have my M&M number on the reservation when I request the upgrade?
  • If so, can I switch to my MP number after the upgrade clears and keep the upgrade?

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
SWU on Lufthansa

Hello,

I apologize if this has already been asked. I want to use my SWU to upgrade on a full LH flight from IAD-FRA-ABUJA.

Whats the process? I heard I need to request a paper SWU and then take it with me when check-in for my LH flight?

How long does it take to get the paper SWU and can you rush it?

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can keep whatever number in your booking, they will read the paper cert. If it says W not OK, then they will not upgrade you.

BTW, changing around FFP numbers in the DCS may cause the mileage credit to be utterly garbled, so keep the number you definitely want to earn miles with in the system.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ccordova624
I apologize if this has already been asked.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...lufthansa.html
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
You can keep whatever number in your booking, they will read the paper cert. If it says W not OK, then they will not upgrade you.

BTW, changing around FFP numbers in the DCS may cause the mileage credit to be utterly garbled, so keep the number you definitely want to earn miles with in the system.
Thanks. Then in what situation "additionally M&M members can upgrade W & S" applies? Upgrades with M&M miles, perhaps?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by nieder2
I too am interested in whether i can get on the grading list at CDG. ANyone?
Since I'm now back -- I asked at the LH lounge in CDG, they said they couldn't do it. Asked at the Senator lounge in FRA, was confirmed immediately into J.

And may I say an empty J cabin on 748 seriously rocks.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:31 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by MtRoot
Thanks. Then in what situation "additionally M&M members can upgrade W & S" applies? Upgrades with M&M miles, perhaps?
Yes, M&M evouchers and M&M miles will upgrade W or S on longhaul.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
And may I say an empty J cabin on 748 seriously rocks.
In what way, particularly?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: 1K-whatever it worth
Our family friends(late 60s and not frequent flyers) would be flying LAX-FRA in Economy on U fare. We plan to mail then SWU paper certificates in a few days. We never used certificates before. Right now seat map shows 17 seats still empty in business on August 2d.
Questions:
1. Is LAX check in gates staffed by Lufthansa?
2. How and where should they approach the agent? Should they try to go to Business check-in lane?
3. Do they have a fair chance?
Any info and help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by funOFflying; Jul 7, 2012 at 10:52 am
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by funOFflying
Our family friends(late 60s and not frequent flyers) would be flying LAX-FRA in Economy on U fare. We plan to mail then SWU paper certificates in a few days. We never used certificates before. Right now seat map shows 17 seats still empty in business on August 2d.
Questions:
2. How and where should they approach the agent? Should they try to go to Business check-in lane?
Now I checked KVS and it shows that LH has 2 flights that day...Which one you are trying to ask for ?? LH451 or LH 457 ??
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by funOFflying
Questions:
1. Contract staff in LH uniform, but they will help.
2. Go to checkin as usual and show the voucher along with the documents you normally show when you start the process.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: 1K-whatever it worth
Originally Posted by AA2MM
Now I checked KVS and it shows that LH has 2 flights that day...Which one you are trying to ask for ?? LH451 or LH 457 ??
sorry, It is LH457

1. Contract staff in LH uniform, but they will help.
2. Go to checkin as usual and show the voucher along with the documents you normally show when you start the process.
Thank you oliver2002

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 7, 2012 at 3:05 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
In what way, particularly?
I loved the new seats, crew was really great with very personal service, specially since they weren't that busy. (Purser gave me a personal tour). And since I had two seats didn't have to worry about climbing over anyone.

And the plane is gorgeous. Flight a bit too short though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.