FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Help/Advice Urgently Needed - International Card instead of Boarding Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1278660-help-advice-urgently-needed-international-card-instead-boarding-pass.html)

ottone Nov 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Help/Advice Urgently Needed - International Card instead of Boarding Pass

I am flying SFO-SEA-FRA tomorrow, SFO-SEA on UA, connecting to LH to FRA. I have checked in for the domestic leg on the UA website, but instead of a BP I got an International Card, on which it is written that I am checked in for the flight (and I also have my seat assigned), but that I need to see a UA customer service representative to get my BP. Now my question is: where do I need to go tomorrow morning at SFO: customer service desk ? checkin counter ? Could I go past security with just the International Card and get my BP in the United Club at T3 ? As you might guess my worry is having to face long lines ... I am a LH SEN, if that helps.

Thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions. I plan to be at the airport 2,5 hours before flight time.

fastair Nov 10, 2011 7:26 pm

You need to get your travel docs (passport...) checked by a UA rep prior to boarding pass issuance. No biggie. Do this in the lobby.

mahasamatman Nov 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by ottone (Post 17429022)
where do I need to go tomorrow morning at SFO: customer service desk ? checkin counter ? Could I go past security with just the International Card and get my BP in the United Club at T3 ?

You cannot pass security without a valid BP (if you have your SFO-SEA boarding pass, that will work). Any checkin agent can help, and if you have a scannable passport, you can even use a chicken.

mallodi Nov 11, 2011 12:04 am

You can do this most easily in the United Club, if you already have your SFO-SEA boarding pass and the line will probably be shorter to talk to a CSR there. Otherwise, go to the *G checking line at SFO.

ottone Nov 11, 2011 10:36 am

Thank you everybody for your replies. As suggested I went to the premier check-in counters and got my BP. I was in line for about 30 minutes, so no big deal. Now happily settled in UA club at T3.

mikew99 Nov 11, 2011 11:01 am

Originally Posted by ottone (Post 17432489)
Thank you everybody for your replies. As suggested I went to the premier check-in counters and got my BP. I was in line for about 30 minutes, so no big deal. Now happily settled in UA club at T3.

Very happy you're happy, but 30 minutes in line just to get a BP really bites. :(

I know it's unavoidable for some destinations (UA requires U.S. citizens to get a visa check for Brazil), but did you have the opportunity to try swiping your passport at the kiosk?

ottone Nov 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mikew99 (Post 17432663)
Very happy you're happy, but 30 minutes in line just to get a BP really bites. :(

I know it's unavoidable for some destinations (UA requires U.S. citizens to get a visa check for Brazil), but did you have the opportunity to try swiping your passport at the kiosk?

You are right, I was not really happy about the 30 minutes in line, but everything else went very smoothly (including security) so all in all it wasn't too bad for a friday morning.

And yes I did ask the guys guarding the line if I could try to swipe my passport instead of waiting in line, but he said I needed a person to see my passport (somebody other than himself of course)