Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus on Copa?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Mileage Plus on Copa?

Im sorry mods if there is already a forum or post on this but I couldnt find it.

Ok so I have booked a flight with Copa for today and I tried to put my MP # in but you can only put an OP # I dont want to go through the trouble to register for OP and connect both FF# if it will only be MP later next year. My question is Where can I enter my MP# to earn miles? Also if they do accept my MP# somehow am I eligible for 2 free bags (since Im a 2P) as I am on UA/CO?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by am1108
Im sorry mods if there is already a forum or post on this but I couldnt find it.

Ok so I have booked a flight with Copa for today and I tried to put my MP # in but you can only put an OP # I dont want to go through the trouble to register for OP and connect both FF# if it will only be MP later next year. My question is Where can I enter my MP# to earn miles? Also if they do accept my MP# somehow am I eligible for 2 free bags (since Im a 2P) as I am on UA/CO?
You can't. Copa isn't part of *A, so you credit to OnePass or not at all. When OnePass is retired, MP will become the new program for Copa, but until then, if you want miles, you have to register and link; the baggage is the same as you would get as a CO elite on CO metal AFAIK.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
You can only use OnePass. CM is only a OP partner. When MP replaces OP, MP will be CM's FFP. (They're joining *A officially mid-2012.)
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by joshwex90
CM is only a OP partner.
Actually OnePas is the loyalty program of Copa. It isn't just a partner.

To the OP, if you want credit for the flights then a OnePass account is where to do it. Had you created the account and linked it in advance then you'd be seen as a Silver Elite and have all the benefits associated with that, including the chance of an upgrade. But that takes time to process so you're just going to be a general member on the flight today.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by sbm12
That's what I meant
Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Thank You Very Much Everyone for Clarifying this for mee Everything confuses me about this CO/UA merger.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by sbm12

To the OP, if you want credit for the flights then a OnePass account is where to do it. Had you created the account and linked it in advance then you'd be seen as a Silver Elite and have all the benefits associated with that, including the chance of an upgrade. But that takes time to process so you're just going to be a general member on the flight today.
I noticed that Copa (using OnePass) has very attractive redemptions within Central America that can be booked online without having to phone for a *A award. Is this expected to continue after the merge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.