Fco connection time

Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Fco connection time

Hi all,
Just wanted to pose a question to the board to get some feedback, I am flying from Bari, Italy to Rome on Alitalia 1/1/12 (should arrive in Rome by 7:45a) my connecting flight United operated by Continental departs at 9:45a. Do you all think I have enough time to make the connection, or will I have to book it to the next gate.

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
As a general idea, you should arrive at terminal 1 or 2 and will need to leave from t5 (US).
You can check this spaghetti english site, which has some useful info: http://www.airports-rome.com/page/t5...ort%20rome.htm
The two terminals are connected via a bus and you will need to run through the passport checks / immigration, which will slow down things a bit because we like to do things ŕ la italian way.

That said, FCO isn't as huge as you may think and two hours should be more than enough. I don't think there will be that many people flying at 7am on january 1, too, but you never know. Just go for it and don't get lost in the shop area to avoid any delay.

You will probably have better luck asking in MilleMiglia.

cheers

Last edited by straniero; Nov 15, 2011 at 7:22 am
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:26 am

Is this on one booking? You should be able to check any bags through, and not need to go to T5. You can stay airside and get to the G satellite; one question will be whether you can print your CO boarding pass online the day before, or you'll need to stop at a transit desk to get the BP or another document that will let you clear security and exit passport control.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response. This is done on two separate reservations, which makes me wonder can continental/united merge these two reservations to make it easier on my end.
I am hoping to have enough time, but given it's a holiday one never knows. I will post this in the Alitalia forum to see what information I can get from their end. Thanks again!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'll close this thread since it has now been cross-posted.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.