Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

'The Hope Seat' and other special UA traveler stories

'The Hope Seat' and other special UA traveler stories

Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by fastair
He pointed to a girl in the gate room (she turned out to be a UA flight attendant not in uniform also flying NRSA) and said "I wanna sit next to HER!!"
These are very heart-warming (and funny) stories. Keep 'em coming!
Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
This thread is so much more fun to read than the non-stop "Smisek is satan" drivel.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:58 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by GBman
At our wedding, I held up the UA boarding pass with the handwritten '22H' and told our friends and families how grateful I was to United.

We celebrate the seventh anniversary of our on-board meeting on November 21st and our fifth wedding anniversary in April.
Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Wow, awesome stories - thanks for sharing!

As I'm getting married on Saturday, this thread's quite timely and a great read.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:30 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by MPsince1984
Talk about a giant FAIL on my part! I was so distracted by the aggressive passenger behind me, that my brain must have just assumed I was in heaven (row 10).
On Southwest, you would have been able to take that seat! I'm convinced more meeting of future spouses occurs on Southwest than on any other airline.

As for me, I met my wife on a public bus. In Rome. Pre-FlyerTalk. We've been married for two decades.

If you're flying on Southwest, I'll let you have the seat next to hot lady. I already have my quota!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Friend for life

Years ago, well before any status, I was in economy and this guy sat down next to me. Typically, I put my headphones on and hope for Channel 9 and if not, I'm listening to music. Somehow, we started to talk. (I'm not the most outgoing person and have a few friends that I would die for)
He worked for a huge jet fuel trading company and I' m a surgeon. You know what "they" say about meeting people on an airplane. This person didn't know me from Adam. We became friendly and over the ten years, we've been best men at each other's weddings, God fathers to our children and investing partners. In needy time's he's loaned me money to cover a bridge loan on my house and I"ve treated his family when his mother was dying. Today, he lives in CT and I"m in LA. We've become best of friends, all over a very chance meeting on a 777 from LAX to ORD ten years ago.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:36 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by tomj888
Years ago, well before any status, I was in economy and this guy sat down next to me. Typically, I put my headphones on and hope for Channel 9 and if not, I'm listening to music. Somehow, we started to talk. (I'm not the most outgoing person and have a few friends that I would die for)
He worked for a huge jet fuel trading company and I' m a surgeon. You know what "they" say about meeting people on an airplane. This person didn't know me from Adam. We became friendly and over the ten years, we've been best men at each other's weddings, God fathers to our children and investing partners. In needy time's he's loaned me money to cover a bridge loan on my house and I"ve treated his family when his mother was dying. Today, he lives in CT and I"m in LA. We've become best of friends, all over a very chance meeting on a 777 from LAX to ORD ten years ago.
Outstanding! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.