Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Certain Lufthansa Fares (LH) earning only 50% or no EQM/RDM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
SOLVED: United/Lufthansa updates wording on policy!

They clarified earnings on T and L fares (just checked), and I was right, these fares are eligible to earn full miles and EQM as long as it's a intercontinental flight or part of a intercontinental itinerary:

**Requires a connecting international segment to be eligible for accrual
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
As i read the mileage accrual rules, and based on everyone's feedback above, I just want to be doubly clear, that T fare FRA-BEY, will earn both EQMs and RDMS correct?

Thank you for the confirmation.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:23 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold

This is my first flight post-SHARES integration. My flight from Boston to Munich just showed up on my Mileage Plus account as having earned only 1,927 miles, whereas I was expecting the usual 3,855 miles. This calculates to 50% earnings even though the website shows 100% EQM/RDM for international flights.

Anyone else having this issue? Was there a statement during the "refresh" that this issue will be fixed?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Question 50% Base and PQMs on a Lufthansa S Fare

Hi All,

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this before I send a note off to United. I traveled on Lufthansa 576 from Frankfurt to Cape Town with an S fare. As per United's mileage accrual chart (link), I should have earned 100% base and PQMs for this flight; however, only 50% for each posted and I received no PQS. Should I not be entitled for 100% of each? When it posted on my United account (within 3 days even!!!) it does show each as an S fare as well.

Some items of note:
  1. There is no fare class shown that would provide 50% base and/or PQMs for Lufthansa.
  2. As the first part of this ticket, I first flew from LIS to FRA via Lufthansa 1167 and received 100% on base and PQM. Both were the same fare class (S), so I am unsure why one qualified for 100% and the second for 50%.
  3. Neither of the flights were a codeshare - both were Lufthansa.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
You're not the only one (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...0-eqm-rdm.html). Sounds like a software bug that may be fixed in a "big sweep" some time in April.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: MileagePlus GS
I am waiting on four S fare segments on LH to post. I will keep my eye out. According to the newly updated chart, S fare should be 100%.

Looks like a long wait on the MP line might be necessary to straighten things out for you.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:50 am

You need to call Mileage Plus Service Center. 100% should have been credited for both flights...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:51 am

Once they actually fix these issues, they will likely do one sweep to correct everything rather than a ton of one off requests
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Thanks All

Glad to see that this is an apparent glitch and can be resolved either with a "sweep" or manually on the phone. Right now I'm enjoying Cape Town a little too much to be bothered sitting on hold with MP for hours on end.

I'll wait till April when I get stateside to see if this is corrected and give them a call if not.

Will update everyone if it sorts itself out or if I have to call.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: nobody
Nothing much to add here, but in the mean time I will take a screenshot of the current earning table. Say I am a pessimist, the 'fix' can goes both way
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for posting this thread. I had to make Mileage 'aware' of a LH SFO - JNB segment, which finally turned up at 50% awarded EQM, and still awaiting any award for my SA return segment.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
The link above came back to this page, so here's one ..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rts-lh-lx.html

I had this happen three times since September, twice on LH and once on LX. Seems two systems are not properly linked. Only resolved with a faxed letter and a 3 week wait.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
Is Mumbai, India part of Europe? Why won't UA credit LH L fare FRA-BOM?

I recently flew UA and LH on connecting segments to Mumbai (IAH-FRA and FRA-BOM). That was 3/17 and 3/18. The UA website clearly lists the rules under which they will credit flights on UA:

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...ED15015848087B

So they will not give credit for discount economy (Class L) flights only in Europe. And for discount economy flights out of Europe, you need a connecting international segment (which I had.) So.....Why won't UA give me credit for this flight?

(Yes, I have submitted the web form, and yes, I have also called the service center. No results after several attempts, only a run-around, and no delays.)

Is UA confused? Do they think that Mumbai, India, is part of Europe? (I may be an ignorant American, and a product of the U.S. public education system, but even I know that India is part of Asia, not Europe.) I can only presume that UA's systems can tell the difference between flights to Asia, and flights to Europe....or am I giving them to much credit?

That's roughly 4,000 PQMs that I will have to flush....really frustrating. And I am very close to Star Alliance Gold, which makes the situation doubly aggravating.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just looked at my upcoming FRA-DEL reservation (on LH in L fare bucket) and both PQM and award miles are listed as 0.

Update us if you get any resolution.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Well since SHARES is so old, the code might have been written when India was part of Pangea and thus, part of Europe???

Originally Posted by LEONIDES
I recently flew UA and LH on connecting segments to Mumbai (IAH-FRA and FRA-BOM). That was 3/17 and 3/18. The UA website clearly lists the rules under which they will credit flights on UA:

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...ED15015848087B

So they will not give credit for discount economy (Class L) flights only in Europe. And for discount economy flights out of Europe, you need a connecting international segment (which I had.) So.....Why won't UA give me credit for this flight?

(Yes, I have submitted the web form, and yes, I have also called the service center. No results after several attempts, only a run-around, and no delays.)

Is UA confused? Do they think that Mumbai, India, is part of Europe? (I may be an ignorant American, and a product of the U.S. public education system, but even I know that India is part of Asia, not Europe.) I can only presume that UA's systems can tell the difference between flights to Asia, and flights to Europe....or am I giving them to much credit?

That's roughly 4,000 PQMs that I will have to flush....really frustrating. And I am very close to Star Alliance Gold, which makes the situation doubly aggravating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.