*A Award Maximizing. (MSY-PEK)

Subscribe
I wasn't really sure if this was the right forum to post this, but at this rather late hour couldn't think of a better one to post it in. I'm only focusing on the to PEK portion, and not the return.

I'm using CO miles to book a MSY-PEK F(O) flight on Dec. 21 from MSY to PEK. I have some leeway, as any departure date from Dec. 17 to 21 would work. Right now I'm on a saverpass MSY-CLT-MUC-PEK, all in O. Both long hauls are in LH F ^, which by no means am I complaining.

However, the idea of adding a stop in an Asian country such as Singapore or Thailand has piqued my interest. The only reason I'd want to do this is so I could try the first class product on TG or SG. I'm not really sure what the best possible options are right now, but I have exhausted most possibilities.

Ex MUC, there isn't much avail to SIN or BKK from 12/18 to 12/22. The same goes for FRA. I've tried to get my current flight on a 747, but alas had to settle for the A343 for both CLT-MUC and MUC-PEK.

Do you guys have any ideas as to how I could somehow add a stop in either BKK or SIN or really any other large asian city operated by a non-LH *A partner? The hard part is getting F avail all the way through from MSY-CLT-MUC-C4-PEK.

Any help is appreciated, as I know you guys have a lot more experience at this than I do. TIA.

c1ue1ess88

Mods: If this isn't the right forum please move it. I couldn't think of a more suitable forum, since CO is United, kind of. LOL
Is it booked as a one-way or a round trip? RTs allow you to have 2 stopovers and 1 open jaw when booked with CO. One-ways get nada.

You should have no problems getting a stopover in BKK or SIN and potentially both if you wanted to assuming you are on a RT reward ticket (which I'm gathering you are).

Use the ANA trick to find better availability.

As long as you are more than 21 days away from the start of the trip you should be able to call and make changes for no charge.
Quote: Is it booked as a one-way or a round trip? RTs allow you to have 2 stopovers and 1 open jaw when booked with CO. One-ways get nada.

You should have no problems getting a stopover in BKK or SIN and potentially both if you wanted to assuming you are on a RT reward ticket (which I'm gathering you are).

Use the ANA trick to find better availability.

As long as you are more than 21 days away from the start of the trip you should be able to call and make changes for no charge.
My flight is a R/T award flight. Thanks for that useful link. Unfortunately, I couldn't get anything ex MUC on F anywhere. Maybe it's because it was my first time using the ANA award tool, but it does show a lot of promise. Thanks.

I'm confused by a few things though:

1. What does the "-" mean. The flight is obviously a 3 class flight, yet business and first are shown as "-"
2. X means Full according to their site. By full do they mean no seat available in that class?
Use Aeroplan.com as well - it will show LX F availability. It will also show Air China F.

If you feel for some variety, you can go MUC-ARN-PEK - last leg on Air China 777 F

The TG F suites out of CDG are very popular for awards.

I dont know if routing via BKK will be allowed to PEK though.

Also consider OZ F via ICN.