Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Official Invitation to UA Family Day at SFO MOC 9 Oct 2011 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Invitation to UA Family Day at SFO MOC 9 Oct 2011 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Reconfirmed and counting the days.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Exclamation Plane pull information

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Originally Posted by tuolumne
anyone know if the the a320 pulling competition still going to be held this year?
Yes. The Team Captain should be posting shortly.
And as promised. Come one, come all...be a puller or be a cheerleader

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post17149069
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by bestbet33
Does anyone know what i need to bring for admittance (eg. copy of email, MP card)?
In the past everyone's name was on a list, and they crossed you off when you picked up your wristband. No documentation required. Of course, the past is not always representative, etc.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:51 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
I'm confirmed!

Heads up for those flying in for weekend: Oracle Open World convention in SF, 10/2-6, which translates to expensive or sold out hotels that week & both weekends before & after. This includes SFO airport hotels, Peninsula & the City. Strongly recommend securing accommodations before booking tickets.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:10 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FortFun
In the past everyone's name was on a list, and they crossed you off when you picked up your wristband. No documentation required. Of course, the past is not always representative, etc.
Hi FortFun, we'll follow the same process this year. We have the list of names and will again give out wrist bands. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Shannon
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Can you say how many slots you had available? Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by travelsavant

Heads up for those flying in for weekend: Oracle Open World convention in SF, 10/2-6, which translates to expensive or sold out hotels that week & both weekends before & after. This includes SFO airport hotels, Peninsula & the City. Strongly recommend securing accommodations before booking tickets.
You do realised UA fleet week is Oct 9 right ? If Oracle is Oct 2-6, wouldn't those attendees be long gone by the 9th ? I don't see flights or hotels are being full at all for that weekend, it is just that weekend hotels in SFO are exceptionally expensive, cost the same or more than those in the city.

If the people are planning to go to Oracle, they would have reserved their flights and hotels by now, as it is the next saturday, but so far looking at Oct 7/8/9, pretty wide open for hotels.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Free shuttle questions

The free Shuttle is at the bus loading downstairs for employee and long term parking ? Is this the same type of bus
or a United bus?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: none
Is there room for one more?
If All the time wanted to attend the United Fleet Week
Thank you Very much
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by boycruz
The free Shuttle is at the bus loading downstairs for employee and long term parking ? Is this the same type of bus
or a United bus?
Maybe one of the tulip buses that I've seen driving around the tarmac

Originally Posted by travelsavant
I'm confirmed!

+1

Several of us had to book hotels downtown.. HR SFO was $399 when I first looked
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boycruz
or a United bus?
If you received the confirmed email, it already said that the shuttle is by the baggage claim at T3. And it would mark "Event" on the side.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Several of us had to book hotels downtown.. HR SFO was $399 when I first looked
How do you explain DT SFO is still $139 then ?

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Sep 30, 2011 at 2:58 pm
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
How do you explain DT SFO is still $139 then ?
What's the DT SFO? Because my normal place was $$$, I booked downtown for $115.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
If you received the confirmed email, it already said that the shuttle is by the baggage claim at T3. And it would mark "Event" on the side.

As i recieved the email i was just trying to clarify since baggage claim at SFO is quite long and the bus stop has multiple companies operating from this stop
Maybe someone can clarify further?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
What's the DT SFO? Because my normal place was $$$, I booked downtown for $115.
DoubleTree

HGI = Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo was $94 adv rate too, now since it is less than 2 weeks, adv rate was gone. This place is further from SFO, but it does have shuttle to SFO, I stayed in this property last year for the fleet week.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
I booked at the Crowne Plaza with the Points Break. =]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.