Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:32 am

LOT Availability completely invisible...

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Your right. I've NEVER seen such a thing.......it's got to be a glitch. If not, that makes MP worse then DL & there would be NO REASON WHATSOEVER to stuck with UA. I really hope that its s glitch
Actually there is good availability in June, but very dry in July and August. August is to be expected because they can definitely sell the Y cabin, but well, July?

Btw, I have to call in to find out the ability of LO flights. Turn out to be different than what M&M shows. I don't use KVS, but EF showed completely nothing for the award seats in LOT. What's going on?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I PMed UAInsider this morning. Hopefully he will look into this & provide an answer. I guess if he doesn't answer, that's answer enough

BTW - I pointed out that this is UNPRECEDENTED in the 20 years I've been a member of MP. Some years are better then others but NEVER have they not had ONE SINGLE SEAT avail on a route like this over a 60 day period
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
BTW - I pointed out that this is UNPRECEDENTED in the 20 years I've been a member of MP. Some years are better then others but NEVER have they not had ONE SINGLE SEAT avail on a route like this over a 60 day period
There's a reason why UA MP no-showed at the Freddies
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:38 am

Trying to book a flight for the last week of March next year DTW-HNL saver. They have been playing tricks the whole month of march where the days look open to saver, then when you pick your outbound flight, all the sudden, no saver available the return date. Really annoying.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSUspartans
Trying to book a flight for the last week of March next year DTW-HNL saver. They have been playing tricks the whole month of march where the days look open to saver, then when you pick your outbound flight, all the sudden, no saver available the return date. Really annoying.
This is not only to You but Everyone else as well, has anyone checked say DL and AA as well and found those 2 had plenty of Saver Awards available at the Lowest Level?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:55 am

That is what is happening here. I can get to Japan, in saver, with a lot of effort, but, no inventory back to US.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by mitchmu
That is what is happening here. I can get to Japan, in saver, with a lot of effort, but, no inventory back to US.
Right, but the extra frustration is when, before you select your outbound flight, the green or blue mark fills your return date... then when you select the outbound flight and in the return date pops up, it's white, with no inventory. If you try an experiment, you can try another date that isn't the typical "week" vacation using that same return date, and often... voila, it's available. May try booking two one ways.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Saver Award Inventory not released far out [Merged]

There is a parallel thread (can't cut link from phone) where we discuss the sudden loss of availability after 3/29. I was watching space and it suddenly all disappeared over night. I am eager to hear from UAInsider.

What was curious and I have not checked recently was that award space from EU to Asia was strong. It was the connecting to US that vanished.

Last edited by LeviFlight; Apr 26, 2013 at 8:13 am
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I've been running into a problem finding space from HNL as well. I had been holding out for a saver award HNL-EWR on the 764ER for a while. The flight is during one of Honolulu's lighter tourism months so I figured I would have no problem. I ended up just grabbing the standard award and setting up an ExpertFlyer alert for the I/IN inventory. Hoping I can recoup those 40,000 miles...

Last edited by fjfv19; Apr 26, 2013 at 9:03 am
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by LeviFlight
There is a parallel thread (can't cut link from phone) where we discuss the sudden loss of availability after 3/29. I was watching space and it suddenly all disappeared over night. I am eager to hear from UAInsider.

What was curious and I have not checked recently was that award space from EU to Asia was strong. It was the connecting to US that vanished.
At some point you saw availability past 3.29? I have been watching DTW - HNL and it seems like 3/29 is todays farthest out.

Originally Posted by fjfv19
I've been running into the same problem. I had been holding out for a saver award HNL-EWR on the 764ER for a while. The flight is during one of Honolulu's lighter tourism months so I figured I would have no problem. I ended up just grabbing the standard award and setting up an ExpertFlyer alert for the I/IN inventory. Hoping I can recoup those 40,000 miles...
My exact situation... I am DTW - HNL... looking for the EWR connect for the 764. I am looking last week of march so #1 still light month. #2 a year out.
So you booked the standard.... then if saver is available they will refund the difference? I have never tried this...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 26, 2013 at 10:12 am Reason: merge
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by LeviFlight

So, is this their new thing now?

They tell us there's plenty of award availability.

We can go anywhere.

But, we just can't come home?

And, what, we're over-entitled for wanting to return?

My exact situation... I am DTW - HNL... looking for the EWR connect for the 764. I am looking last week of march so #1 still light month. #2 a year out.
So you booked the standard.... then if saver is available they will refund the difference? I have never tried this...
Or, you can just refund the standard then purchase the saver? Assuming you have enough miles.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 26, 2013 at 10:12 am Reason: merge
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Or, you can just refund the standard then purchase the saver? Assuming you have enough miles.
Exactly what I was getting at. Also, the transaction we're describing is fee free assuming you are Platinum or higher.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:46 am

no status. just lots of miles. so that might cost me. If i remember, I talked to an agent who said if the change is on the same exact flight, there is no fee. I might be wrong though
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Right, but the extra frustration is when, before you select your outbound flight, the green or blue mark fills your return date... then when you select the outbound flight and in the return date pops up, it's white, with no inventory. If you try an experiment, you can try another date that isn't the typical "week" vacation using that same return date, and often... voila, it's available. May try booking two one ways.
You clearly do not understand what the calendar means. Look at the calendar and the wording again before you make such comments as "trickery".

A hint: The outbound flight calendar is just that.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
So, is this their new thing now?

They tell us there's plenty of award availability.

We can go anywhere.

But, we just can't come home?

And, what, we're over-entitled for wanting to return?
Let's not get snarky. Most of us know to look at outbound and inbounds separately before starting award bookings. You know that as well. And the OPs are looking out at 330 days. We all know that availability is weird at those extremes.

Don't let your well-founded issues with UA cloud this discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.