Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by Armoredx
How do I see partner airlines with United? Sorry, I don't fly very often so I don't know who is with who anymore. I'm planning to use chase UR points and possibly AMEX points if possible as well. PM me instead so I know which post is directed to me. Thanks again for your wisdom!

EDIT: Oh...you mean the Partner Flights with stops yes? I don't see the ones you're looking at. I see a bunch for standard but none for savers.
The search engine for award flights is sometimes a little limited. I just searched by individual segments. To get my results, do a multi-destination booking ORD-FRA, FRA-ICN, ICN-ORD on 6/12, 6/13, and 6/24 respectively and you should see what I see.

Chris
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:33 am

I'm going to use this thread to post a little rant.

I just don't understand why I have to pay so much cash to redeem a simple award. The last 3-4 times I've looked for off-peak domestic rewards with UA miles on UA flights, they want 55 dollars for a 1-way!

And at the same time, I always go on to AA.com and try there, and its ALWAYS a 5 dollar fee. So I keep using my AA miles, my UA miles just sit there. (And of course, UA isn't even worth flying anymore, so I keep getting more AA miles.) I guess I'll have these UA miles until I really need them.

And the connections/options are usually awful!
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks
I'm going to use this thread to post a little rant.

I just don't understand why I have to pay so much cash to redeem a simple award. The last 3-4 times I've looked for off-peak domestic rewards with UA miles on UA flights, they want 55 dollars for a 1-way!

And at the same time, I always go on to AA.com and try there, and its ALWAYS a 5 dollar fee. So I keep using my AA miles, my UA miles just sit there. (And of course, UA isn't even worth flying anymore, so I keep getting more AA miles.) I guess I'll have these UA miles until I really need them.

And the connections/options are usually awful!
There shouldn't be that much of a fee for an all UA domestic flight unless you're possibly doing it within 21 days?

Chris
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: TK-Gold, AZ-Elite+, AB-Gold, EK-Gold, PS-Premium
Want to book a award flight Cancun-SFO at November 14, 2013. Yesterday and the day before yesterday there was plenty of options. Today there are no possibilities of Saver Award Economy to fly through Houston, Chicago or Los Angeles on this day. Only through Panama. What is the reason and whether you can wait for the open seats in Saver economy?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:48 am
RNE

Strike. Iron. Hot.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:48 am

This is what it means?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Frenja
Want to book a award flight Cancun-SFO at November 14, 2013. Yesterday and the day before yesterday there was plenty of options. Today there are no possibilities of Saver Award Economy to fly through Houston, Chicago or Los Angeles on this day. Only through Panama. What is the reason and whether you can wait for the open seats in Saver economy?
It is very common for award seats to change daily, sometimes quite dramatically. That is why people have learned to jump on good saver award seats as soon as they see them. (Especially those of us who are Premier Platinum or above since there are no fees to cancel).

My advice is wait. Probably, if you check every day, you will find space again within a week. Good luck!!
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: *G
Is it a normal occurence for the website to show availability, specifically partner availability, that are not there. E.g. the website might be out of sync with supply?

Seeing a particular tatl leg that pops up once in a while in a full search. It appears for sure if searching for one-way nonstop for that leg. But when I try to piece it together for a full flight it fails after inserting payment.

Agent said flight must 'not be available anymore' insisting UA and its clients see different inventories
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
I have noticed the same thing for the last two years. I have EF setup to let me know if any space becomes available, but zero award seats on UA are available around thanksgiving for two years running.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I was able to piece together flights through USAir, but it was "difficult".

This is a change I don't like. I think they should release a few seats on every flight, even Thanksgiving/Christmas. Well, at least we have the game changing 787.

Billy
I've been checking everyday and a few days ago, I noticed that 12/30 was available from MCO-HNL. No other dates, mind you, from 12/11 to 1/6 but there it was. I snagged 16 saver awards on the same flights.

Go figure.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:51 am

Interestingly that flights from CUN to SFO through Panama and Los Angeles (CUN-PTY-LAX-SFO)can be taken for the same number of miles (17500) and 20 more dollars of taxes. If I add transatlantic flight (CUN-PTY-LAX-SFO-FRA-KBP) - only 42500 miles for economy OW.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
There shouldn't be that much of a fee for an all UA domestic flight unless you're possibly doing it within 21 days?

Chris
Thanks! that is what it is. I guess UA has that 21-day fee, and AA does not.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks
Thanks! that is what it is. I guess UA has that 21-day fee, and AA does not.
IIRC AA also has such a fee.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Just to note that I think Tuesdays are a no-no for trying to book saver awards. As others have stated, keep trying day to day looking for your particular saver award. If you find something agreeable, you best snag it while you can!!

I learned my lesson but got a 2nd chance!!

Peace!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by NVGuy36
Just to note that I think Tuesdays are a no-no for trying to book saver awards. As others have stated, keep trying day to day looking for your particular saver award. If you find something agreeable, you best snag it while you can!!

I learned my lesson but got a 2nd chance!!

Peace!
Why are Tuesdays a no-no for booking saver awards?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:15 am

Any sightings of award upgrade seats US-Australia

Hi,

Started looking for award / upgrade business first seats for this coming december 13 / january 14 for syd-lax/sfo and return.

I saw a few upgrade seats late december ( eg 25 - 28 dec) no award seats but nil of either anytime for the start of January thru the 14th.

I have found, in the past, that if you miss the window say over the week after award / upgrade seats are released on their site , you would be very lucky for something to come up until much closer to the travel date.

Has anyone else picked them up - ie I have been too slow (though I use Expertflyer) or is UA being stingier than usual?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.