Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can I get miles for someone else's flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I get miles for someone else's flight?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by travfar
I'm booking flights for my parents. Can I accrue their miles onto my Mileage Plus number? The system seemed to bawk when I booked it for my dad saying the name didn't match. But it didn't have a problem when I booked for my mom.

balk

And no, you can't claim the miles, you may lose all your miles if caught.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by narvik
I had the same question as the OP......googled it, and came across this page and one from United:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ghtsearch.aspx

Relevant section:
Can I book a ticket for someone else with my MileagePlus miles?
Yes, you may request to have a MileagePlus award ticket issued in someone else’s name.

FWIW
Very different questions!

You absolutely can book award tickets for someone else out of your account with your miles, but you definitely can't accrue miles into your account for a flight that someone else takes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.