Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best lounge in HKG for UA Travelers? (HKG UC closed for remodeling Spring 2016)

Best lounge in HKG for UA Travelers? (HKG UC closed for remodeling Spring 2016)

Old May 1, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by JDS747
HKG is basically all one terminal and all the major lounges are air side. I've used the UA Club many times when departing on Dragon Air.
I'm Explorer (2 paper passes a year) and going to UC for HKG-GUM/SGN entails a lot of backtrack walking because the airside train only goes one way (westward) while the 737s depart from north satellite concourse (501-510) which has buses leaving from the 15-19 area. It took me 10 min of fast walking to cover the 1 km, 5 min of waiting the bus to depart followed by the 3-min ride. I left at T-35 and barely met the T-15 deadline. You really have to be immediately ready when the club agent starts the sign-walking announcement at T-40.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
I'm Explorer (2 paper passes a year) and going to UC for HKG-GUM/SGN entails a lot of backtrack walking because the airside train only goes one way (westward) while the 737s depart from north satellite concourse (501-510) which has buses leaving from the 15-19 area. It took me 10 min of fast walking to cover the 1 km, 5 min of waiting the bus to depart followed by the 3-min ride. I left at T-35 and barely met the T-15 deadline. You really have to be immediately ready when the club agent starts the sign-walking announcement at T-40.
And in the reverse direction? Flying SGN-HKG-SFO in a couple of weeks. Plenty of layover time at HKG for a SFO-HKG-SGN connection, but not so much layover for connecting to the SFO flight post-SGN-HKG leg on the return. Does that flight (UA 180) always land at 501/515 requiring a bus ride & getting to the 60-ish gates for the HKG-SFO flights. Presume that this connection would be all airside; is this the case?

Last edited by BH62; May 1, 2016 at 12:32 pm Reason: clarify
Old May 1, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by BH62
Flying SGN-HKG-SFO in a couple of weeks. Does that flight (UA 180) always land at 501/515 requiring a bus ride & getting to the 60-ish gates for the HKG-SFO flights. Presume that this connection would be all airside; is this the case?
Everything is airside for sure. Looking at a few recent days, SGN-HKG is also always 501-510. But getting from there to HKG-SFO (i.e. westbound) you can take the train or walk. Also the UC will be close to the departure gate. Also the bus from 501-510 to main building will likely be fill-up-and-go, so unless you're from the back of the plane, the wait is short.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:00 am

HKG Lounge Situation

Was in Hong Kong a fews days ago, an had the chance to visit SQ, TG and Plaza Premium Lounge. Took lots of Pictures that you can see in my trip-report:

http://upgradeyourtravel.de/?p=611

SQ has the best Food, TG the nicest atosphere.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Meilensammler
Was in Hong Kong a fews days ago, an had the chance to visit SQ, TG and Plaza Premium Lounge. Took lots of Pictures that you can see in my trip-report:

Agreed, and nice TR!
Old May 3, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Meilensammler

SQ has nice clean showers with toilet and sink. TG has one moldy shower with no private sink or toilet within the shower room.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Everything is airside for sure. Looking at a few recent days, SGN-HKG is also always 501-510. But getting from there to HKG-SFO (i.e. westbound) you can take the train or walk. Also the UC will be close to the departure gate. Also the bus from 501-510 to main building will likely be fill-up-and-go, so unless you're from the back of the plane, the wait is short.
From the Dept of Tremendous Trivia: Checked a few SGN-HKG arrival gates for this week: Hmmm .... seems to vary. On 5/3 Gate 45; 5/4 Gate 46; 5/5 Gate 41. So not 501-510 for at least so far this week. YMMV or rather, MMMV (my mileage may vary) since will be flying this route in about two weeks.

Last edited by BH62; May 5, 2016 at 8:54 pm Reason: added info
Old May 4, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
Originally Posted by JDS747
I've used the UA Club many times when departing on Dragon Air.
Really? I'm flying Dragonair out of HKG next month, and I had assumed that I wouldn't be able to use the United Club because I wasn't on a *A carrier.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Scott in LA
Really? I'm flying Dragonair out of HKG next month, and I had assumed that I wouldn't be able to use the United Club because I wasn't on a *A carrier.
Only if one is United Club member.

United Club member can acess any United Club when flying any airlines.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Scott in LA
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

I'm a member so as UA_Flyer pointed out I can access it regardless of which airline I'm flying on.

If you're not a member then you won't be let in unless you are on a *A carrier.
Old May 5, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

Or even if flying no airline. But this policy will change to "flying any airline" later this year.

Last edited by Buster CT1K; May 5, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Old May 5, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Or even if flying no airline. But this policy will change to "flying any airline" later this year.
I think this is where I got confused--I knew access was changing, and I somehow got what was changing, when it was changing, and whether it affected me all wrong at the same time. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:39 pm

The lounge is open now. I didn't make pictures but looked nice. Really open with view on both sides overlooking the terminal hallway. Easy to see when the plane starts boarding in most cases

Basic food options in the morning (eggs, bacon, congee)

lots of seats
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by chvora01
The lounge is open now. I didn't make pictures but looked nice. Really open with view on both sides overlooking the terminal hallway. Easy to see when the plane starts boarding in most cases

Basic food options in the morning (eggs, bacon, congee)

lots of seats
There is a separate thread about this w/ plenty of pix. Would put ref here if I knew how to do it. (BTW, I was the OP for that thread).
Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by BH62
There is a separate thread about this w/ plenty of pix. Would put ref here if I knew how to do it. (BTW, I was the OP for that thread).
Here ya go:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...22-2016-a.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.